Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Do burglars ever break the glass in a sliding glass door

Do burglars ever break the glass in a sliding glass door, thermopane
fwiw, to get into a house? I've never heard of it, but the news gives
few details about how house perimeters are actually breached.

(I have to go away and I'm having trouble with my glass breakage
detector)
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 9:43:48 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
Do burglars ever break the glass in a sliding glass door, thermopane
fwiw, to get into a house? I've never heard of it, but the news gives
few details about how house perimeters are actually breached.

(I have to go away and I'm having trouble with my glass breakage
detector)

Leave your glass sliding door unlocked and I will not break it.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Fri, 23 Feb 2018 09:43:37 -0500, micky
wrote:

Do burglars ever break the glass in a sliding glass door, thermopane
fwiw, to get into a house? I've never heard of it, but the news gives
few details about how house perimeters are actually breached.

(I have to go away and I'm having trouble with my glass breakage
detector)

They usually just lift them off the track or defeat the flimsy lock.
The way to avoid that is to put a strip of wood above the door after
it is seated in the track so it can't be lifted. A wind code door will
have another material installed that does the same thing but looks
better or the inner track will have a removable section that you
replace after the door is installed and there is no big gap above the
door (My Andersens do that).
You solve the lock problem with a "charley bar" that prevents the door
from sliding or by pinning the door to the track from the inside.

Breaking the glass still works unless you have impact glass. My
exterior sliders have tempered glass with plastic membranes in there
that make it very hard to penetrate. They are tested by shooting 2x4s
out of air cannons. Each panel weighs 280 pounds.
Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Do burglars ever break the glass in a sliding glass door, thermopane
fwiw, to get into a house? I've never heard of it, but the news gives
few details about how house perimeters are actually breached.

(I have to go away and I'm having trouble with my glass breakage
detector)

They usually just lift them off the track or defeat the flimsy lock.

I have a broom stick above the door so it can't be lifted much.
The lock is flimsy. Actually there is no lock, just a plug. I
removed the plug once to get in the house and I filled the hole with
more stuff, but it's still the weak spot. Would I be better off if I
replaced the plug with key lock? Is that what you called flimsy, and
what you said they would defeat?

I wish the crime reports would say exactly how they got in so I could
take precautions against just that, that which the *local* burglars were
using. In 39 years, we have had a few individual burglaries but we had
two or three strings of them. I know they caught one of them, coming
out of the house carrying loot, and I think they caught another one.

The way to avoid that is to put a strip of wood above the door after
it is seated in the track so it can't be lifted. A wind code door will
have another material installed that does the same thing but looks
better or the inner track will have a removable section that you
replace after the door is installed and there is no big gap above the
door (My Andersens do that).
You solve the lock problem with a "charley bar" that prevents the door
from sliding or by pinning the door to the track from the inside.

I have a piece of heavy conduit in the door channel. Maybe I'd be
better off with something that can be seen from the outside.

I used to have a switch that set off the alarm when they opened the
door more than 6", but I checked today, and I might have had mice in my
long window box, for plants. It was sitting on the floor and the plants
had died but there appears to be a hole in the ground and a lot of dirt
on the carpet and in the door channel.

Now the roller plunger switch in the channel didn't go down easily and
didn't come up at all! So I didn't connect the wire for that zone. But
I want to fix it. I looked all over the web and they still sell roller
plunger switches where the roller is perpendicular to the long axis of
the switch plate, but no longer have the ones where it is in the same
line. I think that's very strange. I guess the first was used for
closet doors and the second was only used for sliding glass door
channels and only by people like me.

But they do have switches with balls instead of wheels and they will
work in any direction.

Breaking the glass still works unless you have impact glass. My
exterior sliders have tempered glass with plastic membranes in there
that make it very hard to penetrate. They are tested by shooting 2x4s
out of air cannons. Each panel weighs 280 pounds.

Sounds like fun.

I had two extra hours I didn't expect and after staring at the panel adn
the wires for a while, I remembered why 11 years ago I didn't finish the
glass/wood breakage detector. (had to solder the wire to a 3.6K
resistor) And I finished in 30 minutes, before the alarm company man got
here. I didnt' mess up any zones while trying to add more, which I've
done before and I was afraid of.

So even if they do break the glass the alarm will go off. **

For another zone, I didn't notice that one of the included resistors is
only 2200ohms (red,red,red) (and about 20 that are 5600, green, blue,
red). When I used the right resistor, it worked. Amazing.

**Not that it's very dangerous here. In the last 11 years, I've been a
way for 8 weeks, 11 weeks, and 3 weeks, and I had no alarm then, and
nothing at all happened. But I figure I'm due.
Posted to alt.home.repair

In alt.home.repair, on Fri, 23 Feb 2018 06:57:51 -0800 (PST), Thomas
wrote:

On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 9:43:48 AM UTC-5, micky wrote:
Do burglars ever break the glass in a sliding glass door, thermopane
fwiw, to get into a house? I've never heard of it, but the news gives
few details about how house perimeters are actually breached.

(I have to go away and I'm having trouble with my glass breakage
detector)

Leave your glass sliding door unlocked and I will not break it.

I appreciate the offer.

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds,sci.military.naval,alt.astrology

Default Do burglars ever break the glass in a sliding glass door? Well?

wrote:

Do burglars ever break the glass in a sliding glass door, thermopane
fwiw, to get into a house?Â*Â*Â* I've never heard of it, but the news
gives
few details about how house perimeters are actually breached.

(I have to go away and I'm having trouble with my glass breakage
detector)

They usually just lift them off the track or defeat the flimsy lock.
The way to avoid that is to put a strip of wood above the door after
it is seated in the track so it can't be lifted.

That method was invented by a Real American.Â* A Real American lives in
the United State of America, the most powerful country in the world.
The same country that dictates government policies around the ****ing
globe.Â* Real Americans don't live (but sometimes vacay in) Mexico or
any part of Central or South America, largely inhabited by spics and
varieties thereof.Â* Real Americans don't live in Can-uh-duh neither,
but sometimes we visit there.

Any questions?

I'll take any question no matter how trivial or ignorant.

Well in the Mel Gibson movie 'Signs' when the
alien that flew all the way from Alpha Centauri
at the speed of light, but for some reason couldn't
manage to get through Mel's flimsy pantry door, does
that mean the entire alien thing was merely a case
of mass delusions?

Or were the aliens supposed to be real in the
movie, but just too stupid to get through
a flimsy back door?

I think this scene from the movie sums things
up nicely...

Signs 2002 Scene of the alien on the roof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWn-GThlQF8

--

"To paraphrase the Buddha €” Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun; the moon; and the truth. €¬

~ Former FBI Director James Comey (12-1-17)

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds,sci.military.naval,alt.astrology

wrote:

[...]

that mean theÂ* entire alien thing was merely a case
of mass delusions?

Or were the aliens supposed to be real in the
movie, but just too stupid to get through
a flimsy back door?

I think this scene from the movie sums things
up nicely...

Signs 2002 Scene of the alien on the roof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWn-GThlQF8

I can't answer that question since I don't watch that kind of horse****
on the telly.

So what kind of horse**** do you watch?

--

"To paraphrase the Buddha €” Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun; the moon; and the truth. €¬

~ Former FBI Director James Comey (12-1-17)

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds,sci.military.naval,alt.astrology

wrote:

[...]

Are you being queer with me?

Oh, I'm sorry, didn't realize you were gay.

Nevermind

--

"To paraphrase the Buddha €” Three things cannot be long hidden:
the sun; the moon; and the truth. €¬

~ Former FBI Director James Comey (12-1-17)

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds,sci.military.naval,alt.astrology

wrote:

[...]

For something more definitive that movies, A D Magazine reporter
interviewed a professional burglar who operated around Dallas. He took
advantage of the safety glass that sliders use. His method was to walk
down the alleys between houses with a BB gun. If he was interested in a
house, he would shoot the sliding glass door and keep on walking. An
hour or so later, he would come back down the alley. If the lights were
on and people were cleaning up the chunked glass, he would just keep
walking. If the house was dark and quiet, he would step through the
now-open glass door, grab a pillow case and fill it with whatever he
could grab and be out in less than a minute.

Paul
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 08:22:56 -0500, Paul F Austin
wrote:

For something more definitive that movies, A D Magazine reporter
interviewed a professional burglar who operated around Dallas. He took
advantage of the safety glass that sliders use. His method was to walk
down the alleys between houses with a BB gun. If he was interested in a
house, he would shoot the sliding glass door and keep on walking. An
hour or so later, he would come back down the alley. If the lights were
on and people were cleaning up the chunked glass, he would just keep
walking. If the house was dark and quiet, he would step through the
now-open glass door, grab a pillow case and fill it with whatever he
could grab and be out in less than a minute.

I bet he was hoping the homeowner was not sitting in there with a
shotgun as he stepped through the door.

Posted to alt.home.repair

micky posted for all of us...

Do burglars ever break the glass in a sliding glass door, thermopane
fwiw, to get into a house? I've never heard of it, but the news gives
few details about how house perimeters are actually breached.

(I have to go away and I'm having trouble with my glass breakage
detector)

Why not have the local PD do a security survey? Ignore this if you are in
Broward Co.

--
Tekkie
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds,sci.military.naval,alt.astrology

wrote:

Do burglars ever break the glass in a sliding glass door, thermopane
fwiw, to get into a house?*** I've never heard of it, but the news
gives
few details about how house perimeters are actually breached.

(I have to go away and I'm having trouble with my glass breakage
detector)

They usually just lift them off the track or defeat the flimsy lock.
The way to avoid that is to put a strip of wood above the door after
it is seated in the track so it can't be lifted.

That method was invented by a Real American.* A Real American lives
in the United State of America, the most powerful country in the
world. The same country that dictates government policies around the
****ing globe.* Real Americans don't live (but sometimes vacay in)
Mexico or any part of Central or South America, largely inhabited by
spics and varieties thereof.* Real Americans don't live in Can-uh-duh
[...]

Sounds like an urban legend. OTOH, it is from a "reporter", so
probably an outright lie. A BB is never going to shatter a sliding
glass door.
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.sheds,sci.military.naval,alt.astrology,aus.politics

On 24 Feb 2018, Jonathan posted some
:

wrote:

Do burglars ever break the glass in a sliding glass door,
thermopane fwiw, to get into a house?Â*Â*Â* I've never heard of
[...]

It landed in a hidden marijuana patch and got a contact high.

Or were the aliens supposed to be real in the
movie, but just too stupid to get through
a flimsy back door?

Interstellar aliens are not skilled at B&E like illegal aliens.

I think this scene from the movie sums things
up nicely...

Signs 2002 Scene of the alien on the roof
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWn-GThlQF8

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Do burglars ever break the glass in a sliding glass door, thermopane
fwiw, to get into a house? I've never heard of it, but the news gives
few details about how house perimeters are actually breached.

(I have to go away and I'm having trouble with my glass breakage
detector)

They usually just lift them off the track or defeat the flimsy lock.
The way to avoid that is to put a strip of wood above the door after
it is seated in the track so it can't be lifted.

That method was invented by a Real American. A Real American lives in the United State of America, the most powerful country in the world. The same country that dictates government policies around the ****ing globe. Real Americans don't live (but sometimes vacay in) Mexico or any part of Central or South America, largely inhabited by spics and varieties thereof. Real Americans don't live in Can-uh-duh neither, but sometimes we visit there..

Any questions?

If the police did the job they're paid to do, we wouldn't have to worry about burglars.
--

The coppers can't be everywhere, that's why Americans are armed. The one thing a burglar fears more than anything else is an armed homeowner. Especially an armed female in the home because she will shoot a burglar quicker than an armed male. A shotgun is the best home defense gun because the buckshot isn't going to penetrate 3 walls and hit a neighbor's home. Buckshot usually stays in the burglar. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Armed Monster

Posted to alt.home.repair, uk.rec.sheds, sci.military.naval, alt.astrology,alt.sport.air-guns

wrote:

[...]

Yeah it will. All it has to do is start the glass cracking and
in a little while it just falls out. Can do the same thing with
a BB and a wrist rocket or a condom shooter with a BB.

A condom shooter will put that ****ing sliding window right out,
except you can't buy them anymore.

http://slingshotforum.com/uploads/mo...012/post-14-0-
45563300-1345428972.jpg

But wait there's more. Use a pocket shot, the next generation
condom shooter. Say your prayers sliding windows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH9jD3R6hP0

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english

Default Gay ****** Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL), the Sociopathic Attention Whore

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 00:22:00 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

That method was invented by a Real American. A Real American lives in
the United State of America, the most powerful country in the world.
The same country that dictates government policies around the ****ing
globe. Real Americans don't live (but sometimes vacay in) Mexico or any
part of Central or South America, largely inhabited by spics and
varieties thereof. Real Americans don't live in Can-uh-duh neither, but
sometimes we visit there.

Any questions?

If the police did the job they're paid to do, we wouldn't have to worry about burglars.

If psychiatrists did the job they're paid to do, you wouldn't run around
freely and pester your neighbourhood with your filthy presence, you unwashed
sociopathic ******!

Gay ****** Birdbrain on Women:

--
Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) about women:
"I don't want one. Easy enough to get one if I wanted one."

--
Gay ****** Birdbrain about women:
"I don't want one, they're nothing but a nuisance."

--
More of ****** Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange world:
"Women should learn to enjoy sex.."

--
More from Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) strange sociopathic
world:

--
Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) sociopathic "mind" at work:
"Satan is god's wife. Woman are evil."

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) "deep thinking":
"A woman should never be allowed to operate anything technical."

--
More of Birdbrain Macaw's (now "James Wilkinson" LOL) deep thinking:
"Looking at a woman the wrong way is now illegal. Raising your eyebrow at an

--
Gay ****** Birdbrain about women:
"99% of females are not worth having."
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 13:59:42 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

The coppers are too busy doing the easy jobs, doing you for speeding etc.
Burglary is too difficult for them. We used to have "policemen on the
beat", wandering around looking for trouble.

Your big advantage as an attested psychiatric case is that the cops always
feel the need to let you go after they read about your long psychiatric
record in their computers!

--
More from Peter Hucker's, the sociopathic ******'s, sociopathic world:
"Never had this problem as I don't wear any underwear. Do you have anal
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english

On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 14:02:58 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

If the police did the job they're paid to do, we wouldn't have to worry about burglars.

In most places the police do a good job of catching the do-bads. The problem is the stupid juries that turn them loose.

While locking up those who did something minor like jaywalking, stealing a chocolate bar, etc.

Simply driveling for driveling's sake again, you abnormal attention whore?

--
More from Peter Hucker's, the sociopathic ******'s, sociopathic world:
"Never had this problem as I don't wear any underwear. Do you have anal
seepage? Does your penis dribble? What is underwear for? Since nobody can
see through your jeans/trousers/whatever, why do you need yet another
layer?"

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english

On 28/02/18 06:58, Peeler wrote:
On Tue, 27 Feb 2018 14:02:58 -0000, Birdbrain Macaw (now "James Wilkinson"),

If the police did the job they're paid to do, we wouldn't have to worry about burglars.

In most places the police do a good job of catching the do-bads. The problem is the stupid juries that turn them loose.

While locking up those who did something minor like jaywalking, stealing a chocolate bar, etc.

Simply driveling for driveling's sake again, you abnormal attention whore?

Oi oi oi steady on --
You have scared it away!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english

On Sat, 10 Mar 2018 21:30:15 +0100, Bassos wrote:

Allowing people to think from all sorts of viewpoints other than their
own is an actual method.

For an ez demonstration;
Write something well informed about a subject from the opposing view of
your own.

Ya know, empathy.

Troll-feeding idiot!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 19:55:15 +0100, Bassos wrote:

for the status of a brand is quite the exact same thing as other
dopamine inducing activities.

Troll-feeding asshole!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 20:42:58 +0100, Bassos wrote:

the 1% pay for that stuff.
(by enticing them with promises of extreme wealth ofc)

It's the one

Just HOW retarded are you, you troll-feeding ****?
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 20:35:30 +0100, Bassos wrote:

You can't teach some people to be nice.

Lead by example.
of course.

By the example of sick idiots like the two of you? LOL

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 22:12:42 +0100, Bassos wrote:

We are creators.

You both are prize idiots!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 22:15:02 +0100, Bassos wrote:

Should ?
May ?
Must ?

CHINESE MUSIC

TWO prize idiots having a "conversation"! LOL
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 22:23:24 +0100, Bassos, another troll-feeding idiot,
wrote:

What is right ?

And in the head no less.

Are you the single person who decides what is right ?

****tard.

Darn, it took you SOOO long until the penny dropped? Is that a Dutch thing
or what? BG
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 22:22:04 +0100, Bassos wrote:

Brave exit speech is still cowardly.

What are you so afraid of ?

The abnormal Scottish sow and attention whore FEEDS on Dutch idiots like
you!
Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 22:52:34 +0100, Bassos, yet another mentally challenged,
troll-feeding idiot, wrote:

While reacting to what i wrote.

Yeah ****tard.

You seem to have been reduced to incoherent mumblings.

Wait, no, not at all, you present yourself clearly for anyone to see.

Thanks mate.

The Scottish sow NEEDS idiots like you! It's mentally challenged idiots like
you that keep him going! BG

Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.rec.cycling,alt.usage.english

On Sun, 11 Mar 2018 23:03:46 +0100, Bassos, yet another mentally challenged,
troll-feeding idiot, wrote:

What happened to you not understanding english when i write that ?

Backpeddalling noted.
(!)

Your being mentally challenged certainly noted, even by the retarded
Scottish troll! BG

Replacing glass in sliding glass door Godfrey Muganda Home Repair 16 July 26th 16 06:44 PM
Burglars and alarms ARW UK diy 31 June 7th 13 10:50 AM
True? Burglars have generic garage door openers? [email protected] Home Ownership 3 March 24th 13 05:22 PM
Glass Sliding Cupboard Doors + Sliding Track Miguel UK diy 1 July 22nd 09 03:14 PM
What are the most effective deterrents to home burglars? Ablang Home Ownership 0 December 20th 08 07:40 PM