Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY type tricks/bright ideas

Some not so good, some old, some quite useful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxviTLVjvDQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

F news@nowhere wrote

Some not so good, some old, some quite useful.

Yeah, some interesting ideas.

Dunno about the jack tho, I was planning to do that
because the jack is a nuisance to use, but its unlikely
that the drill will be charged when you need it and
there isnt any convenient place to keep it in the car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxviTLVjvDQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/08/2018 02:13, Rod Speed wrote:
F news@nowhere wrote
Some not so good, some old, some quite useful.

Yeah, some interesting ideas.
Dunno about the jack tho, I was planning to do that
because the jack is a nuisance to use, but its unlikely
that the drill will be charged when you need it and
there isnt any convenient place to keep it in the car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxviTLVjvDQ

I found the jack in my new car[1] (new to me) had a hex nut rather than
an eye. I purchased a scaffold ratchet podger to put in the car. It has
both a 17mm and 19mm socket.

https://tinyurl.com/ydhq4won

I also carry wheel nut wrench with an extra long (telescopic) handle
https://tinyurl.com/y7a784pe

[1]
Ford Focus 1L 2017 which still has a spare wheel rather than just some
puncture repair gunk.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote
Rod Speed wrote
F news@nowhere wrote

Some not so good, some old, some quite useful.

Yeah, some interesting ideas.
Dunno about the jack tho, I was planning to do that
because the jack is a nuisance to use, but its unlikely
that the drill will be charged when you need it and
there isnt any convenient place to keep it in the car.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxviTLVjvDQ

I found the jack in my new car[1] (new to me) had a hex nut rather than an
eye. I purchased a scaffold ratchet podger to put in the car. It has both
a 17mm and 19mm socket.

https://tinyurl.com/ydhq4won

Interesting idea and I could certainly make something that goes
over the thing on the end of my jack to turn it into an xmm nut.

I also carry wheel nut wrench with an extra long (telescopic) handle
https://tinyurl.com/y7a784pe

Yeah, after your previous comment in here I got one of those myself
and it works very well indeed with the first try on the wheel nuts.

[1]
Ford Focus 1L 2017 which still has a spare wheel rather than just some
puncture repair gunk.

Yeah, I wont be buying a car that doesn’t have
a spare wheel or can at least have one added.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 19:16:08 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

Yeah, I wont be buying a car that doesn¢t have
a spare wheel or can at least have one added.

Are you even ALLOWED to drive a car, Rot? You know what with your old age,
senility, cantankerousness, etc.?

--
dennis@home to know-it-all Rot Speed:
"You really should stop commenting on things you know nothing about."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/08/2018 10:16, Rod Speed wrote:

Yeah, I wont be buying a car that doesn’t have
a spare wheel or can at least have one added.

It seems to have surprised the dealer that it did have a spare wheel but
maybe because it's the 17" wheel "edition" version (the spare is 16"
with the usual space saver stickers warning about maximum speeds etc.),

Friends of mine have just purchased a 2015 Volvo and as standard it only
comes with gunk and a tyre inflation compressor. However the boot does
the necessary wheel shaped indentation allowing a spare to be carried
without losing boot space.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
alan_m wrote:
On 25/08/2018 10:16, Rod Speed wrote:

Yeah, I wont be buying a car that doesn’t have
a spare wheel or can at least have one added.

It seems to have surprised the dealer that it did have a spare wheel but
maybe because it's the 17" wheel "edition" version (the spare is 16"
with the usual space saver stickers warning about maximum speeds etc.),

Friends of mine have just purchased a 2015 Volvo and as standard it only
comes with gunk and a tyre inflation compressor. However the boot does
the necessary wheel shaped indentation allowing a spare to be carried
without losing boot space.

My latest car had a spare in earlier models, but now only a compressor and
gunge. Which releases a lot more of the limited boot space. Given how
often I've had to fit a spare wheel in the hundreds of thousands of miles
I've driven, I'm happy to do without now. Different matter when I was
driving old bangers with iffy tyres. Most punctures these days are of the
type where the tyre can be inflated enough to drive to a garage to have it
repaired.

--
*I used to have an open mind but my brains kept falling out *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 25 Aug 2018 11:13:07 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

Some not so good, some old, some quite useful.

Yeah, some interesting ideas.

Dunno about the jack tho, I was planning to do that
because the jack is a nuisance to use, but its unlikely
that the drill will be charged when you need it and
there isnt any convenient place to keep it in the car.

You will follow EVERY link you come across, eh, you abnormal senile cretin?
This here is ALL you got in your senile "life"! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxviTLVjvDQ

--
FredXX to Rot Speed:
"You are still an idiot and an embarrassment to your country. No wonder