Colin Chaplin

Default Converting room to Walk-in-Wardrobe: Any bright ideas?

Hi All

I am going to convert my home-office into a walk in wardrobe (my office
space is being 'promoted' into another spare bedroom!).

I think it's pretty much a no-brainer to do on a budget (mdf for shelfing,
few rails here and there, full length mirror, shoe racks, place to park ones
backside, etc). I've looked at all the pro sites on the web and borrowed
their ideas. Not sure what to do with window as it strikes me we'll be in
the buff quite often when in this room and don't neccessarily want to
open/close curtains.

Just wondering if anyone here had done this and could offer any advise or
something they'd do differently?

Cheers !

Colin

Owain

Colin Chaplin wrote:
I am going to convert my home-office into a walk in wardrobe (my office
space is being 'promoted' into another spare bedroom!).
... Not sure what to do with window as it strikes me we'll be in
the buff quite often when in this room and don't neccessarily want to
open/close curtains.

Self-adhesive "frosted window film" - a signwriter will have it for
doing etch-effect shop windows if you can't find it in a diy shop.

Unless you have a surfeit of rooms you might not want to do anything too
permanent, as a home office counts as a room but a wardrobe does not.

Owain

BigWallop

"Owain" wrote in message
Colin Chaplin wrote:
I am going to convert my home-office into a walk in wardrobe (my office
space is being 'promoted' into another spare bedroom!).
... Not sure what to do with window as it strikes me we'll be in
the buff quite often when in this room and don't neccessarily want to
open/close curtains.

Self-adhesive "frosted window film" - a signwriter will have it for
doing etch-effect shop windows if you can't find it in a diy shop.

Unless you have a surfeit of rooms you might not want to do anything too
permanent, as a home office counts as a room but a wardrobe does not.

Owain

You can also get spray on frosting now. Just like spray paint cans. And
they do a nice job.

The other methods are a double glazed piggyback pane with a frosted or
marbled effect PVC sheet of glass. Or you could use a frosted roller blind
or a Venetian or vertical blind system.

Excerpt: Room for Improvement Jane Smith Home Repair 1 October 3rd 05 10:22 AM
Problem with room getting too hot from facing the south (even in late October) jeff Home Repair 11 November 2nd 04 08:18 PM
Heat banks (again!) Dave UK diy 148 September 6th 04 08:45 PM
Number and positioning of downlights in living room SPC UK diy 11 March 15th 04 10:01 PM
Are room thermostats out of fashion? stuart noble UK diy 143 December 24th 03 01:19 AM