Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plug in rodent repellers

There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Some people think so. Not sure their efficacy has ever been proven though.
Personally I doubt it.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote

There are some scrabbling noises in the
workplace, we suspect rodent activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/18 21:55, Rod Speed wrote:
R D S wrote
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

Yeah, but then they die, and stink!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote
Rod Speed wrote
R D S wrote

There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

Yeah, but then they die,

Yes.

and stink!

Nope, none of mine have.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 06:55:41 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

There are some scrabbling noises in the
workplace, we suspect rodent activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

It would work quite well on you, too, you pesky varmint!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 07:19:46 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

Yeah, but then they die,

Yes.

So would you! Interesting topic!

and stink!

Nope, none of mine have.

You obviously can't discern their stink from your own senile stink, senile
cretin!

--
dennis@home to know-it-all Rot Speed:
"You really should stop commenting on things you know nothing about."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:
On 04/08/18 21:55, Rod Speed wrote:
R D S wrote
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

Yeah, but then they die, and stink!

Not for long though. Once theyve shrivelled up and dried up the smell
goes.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim+ wrote
R D S wrote:
On 04/08/18 21:55, Rod Speed wrote:
R D S wrote

There are some scrabbling noises in the
workplace, we suspect rodent activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

Yeah, but then they die, and stink!

Not for long though. Once theyve
shrivelled up and dried up the smell goes.

I find they dont stink at all.

And my nose isnt ****ed either, noticed the
distinctive smell when one of my neighbours
stopped his diesel ute with his engine running
while talking to someone there outside his ute
in the park/walk way next to my house.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 10:53:13 PM UTC+1, Peeler wrote:
On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 06:55:41 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

There are some scrabbling noises in the
workplace, we suspect rodent activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

It would work quite well on you, too, you pesky varmint!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
MID:

I put off using poison for fear of a smell;. I gave in and started using it about 5 years ago, never had a smell.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

No.
They **** off guide dogs though.
Most rodents follow their trails and seem immune to most external things.
Find the food source, cut it off then try traps.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"R D S" wrote in message
news
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2018 21:27, R D S wrote:
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Not IME.

Chocolate baited mouse traps do. Peanut butter also attracts them, but
some seem able to eat that off the bait prong without tripping the trap.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

No.
They **** off guide dogs though.

Most rodents follow their trails and seem immune to most external things.

Not poison they arent.

Find the food source, cut it off then try traps.

Poison works a lot better.

"R D S" wrote in message
news
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
R D S writes:
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

I'll add another 'no', based on a relative's experience of using them.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 09:18:50 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

I find they donąt stink at all.

Yes, everyone here knows by now that you are "special", poor senile sod!
BG

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 19:15:34 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

No.
They **** off guide dogs though.

Most rodents follow their trails and seem immune to most external things.

Not poison they arent.

They see that one or a few of them die after taking the baits and they won't
eat the baits, senile idiot!

Find the food source, cut it off then try traps.

Poison works a lot better.

Nope! Finding and cutting off the food (and even water) source is the most
effective way of getting rid of any pest, dumb Mr Know-it-all!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

R D S wrote:
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Only if you unplug them and throw them with a good aim.

One type of trap I have had reasonable success with is electronic

http://www.victorpest.co.uk/shop/rat...ectronic-traps

Neck breakers can be effective but often the buggers can take the bait
without tripping them.

A useful thing to find out where the run is if it is not obvious such as in
a loft with a lot of insulation
Is a wildlife trap camera that can work in the dark, one may help see where
they are getting access so it can be blocked and if it a mouse ( get a cat)
or a Rat ( get a Terrier).

GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 09:09:22 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

Do the plug in repellers work?

Not IME.

They can certainly hear them. We live capture and deport up onto the
moor miles (litrally) from any habitation. When one deportee was in
the cage I switched an acoustic "repeller" on and off a few times.
Mousey jumped every time it was switched on but otherwise didn't seem
to be bothered.

As a repeller doubtful, the mice still came in in the winter...

Chocolate baited mouse traps do. Peanut butter also attracts them, but
some seem able to eat that off the bait prong without tripping the trap.

Peanut butter also goes rancid, chocolate spread doesn't.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2018 10:47, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I'll add another 'no', based on a relative's experience of using them.

aol

My neighbour tried one (we get mice every harvest time).

It worked for nearly a week.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/08/2018 19:27, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 09:09:22 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

Do the plug in repellers work?

Not IME.

They can certainly hear them. We live capture and deport up onto the
moor miles (litrally) from any habitation. When one deportee was in
the cage I switched an acoustic "repeller" on and off a few times.
Mousey jumped every time it was switched on but otherwise didn't seem
to be bothered.

As a repeller doubtful, the mice still came in in the winter...

Chocolate baited mouse traps do. Peanut butter also attracts them, but
some seem able to eat that off the bait prong without tripping the trap.

Peanut butter also goes rancid, chocolate spread doesn't.

I use a block of chocolate. I suspect that spread would suffer the same
problem as peanut butter; a mouse nibbling the relatively soft material
might not trip the trap.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/08/2018 21:27, R D S wrote:

Do the plug in repellers work?

For repelling Elephants yes . We plugged one in about a six months ago
(didn't buy it MiL went into a home so we 'inherited' it) since that
time we have had zero elephants in the living room, proof positive that
it works as an Elephant repeller, but as for Mice it probably doesn't
work (but we haven't seen any mice either).
Being rural we used to get field mice a lot but this time of year they
seem to prefer all the fresh fruit and Berries and all the fresh air,(
may well be a different story come winter).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , R D S writes
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

No The one I tried didn't

Brian
--
Brian Howie
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
R D S wrote
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

It would probably work on you too; only having dead mice under the
floorboards is probably bad enough as it is.

michael adams

Ultrasonic bird repellers Worn Out Retread Home Repair 46 August 23rd 17 06:21 PM
Electronic spider repellers - such differing opinions James Harris[_3_] UK diy 21 June 7th 14 07:00 PM
Electronic mouse repellers Mike Barnes UK diy 10 August 18th 11 01:33 PM
Sonic Repellers for mice de_ja UK diy 22 May 29th 08 04:24 PM
Pest repellers, do they work please? T i m UK diy 10 May 15th 06 03:17 PM