DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Plug in rodent repellers (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/616287-plug-rodent-repellers.html)

R D S[_2_] August 4th 18 09:27 PM

Plug in rodent repellers

There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Tim+[_5_] August 4th 18 09:47 PM

Plug in rodent repellers

R D S wrote:
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Some people think so. Not sure their efficacy has ever been proven though.
Personally I doubt it.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Rod Speed August 4th 18 09:55 PM

Plug in rodent repellers

R D S wrote

There are some scrabbling noises in the
workplace, we suspect rodent activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

R D S[_2_] August 4th 18 09:58 PM

Plug in rodent repellers

On 04/08/18 21:55, Rod Speed wrote:
R D S wrote
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

Yeah, but then they die, and stink!

Rod Speed August 4th 18 10:19 PM

Plug in rodent repellers

R D S wrote
Rod Speed wrote
R D S wrote

There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

Yeah, but then they die,

Yes.

and stink!

Nope, none of mine have.

Peeler[_2_] August 4th 18 10:52 PM

Plug in rodent repellers

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 06:55:41 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

There are some scrabbling noises in the
workplace, we suspect rodent activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

It would work quite well on you, too, you pesky varmint!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.

Peeler[_2_] August 4th 18 10:54 PM

Plug in rodent repellers

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 07:19:46 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

Yeah, but then they die,

Yes.

So would you! Interesting topic!

and stink!

Nope, none of mine have.

You obviously can't discern their stink from your own senile stink, senile
cretin!

--
dennis@home to know-it-all Rot Speed:
"You really should stop commenting on things you know nothing about."
Tim+[_5_] August 4th 18 10:56 PM

Plug in rodent repellers

R D S wrote:
On 04/08/18 21:55, Rod Speed wrote:
R D S wrote
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

Yeah, but then they die, and stink!

Not for long though. Once theyve shrivelled up and dried up the smell
goes.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Rod Speed August 5th 18 12:18 AM

Plug in rodent repellers

Tim+ wrote
R D S wrote:
On 04/08/18 21:55, Rod Speed wrote:
R D S wrote

There are some scrabbling noises in the
workplace, we suspect rodent activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

Yeah, but then they die, and stink!

Not for long though. Once theyve
shrivelled up and dried up the smell goes.

I find they dont stink at all.

And my nose isnt ****ed either, noticed the
distinctive smell when one of my neighbours
stopped his diesel ute with his engine running
while talking to someone there outside his ute
in the park/walk way next to my house.

misterroy August 5th 18 06:57 AM

Plug in rodent repellers

On Saturday, August 4, 2018 at 10:53:13 PM UTC+1, Peeler wrote:
On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 06:55:41 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

There are some scrabbling noises in the
workplace, we suspect rodent activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

It would work quite well on you, too, you pesky varmint!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
MID:

I put off using poison for fear of a smell;. I gave in and started using it about 5 years ago, never had a smell.

Brian Gaff August 5th 18 08:25 AM

Plug in rodent repellers

No.
They **** off guide dogs though.
Most rodents follow their trails and seem immune to most external things.
Find the food source, cut it off then try traps.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!

Nightjar August 5th 18 09:09 AM

Plug in rodent repellers

On 04/08/2018 21:27, R D S wrote:
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Not IME.

Chocolate baited mouse traps do. Peanut butter also attracts them, but
some seem able to eat that off the bait prong without tripping the trap.

Colin Bignell

Rod Speed August 5th 18 10:15 AM

Plug in rodent repellers

Brian Gaff wrote

No.
They **** off guide dogs though.

Most rodents follow their trails and seem immune to most external things.

Not poison they arent.

Find the food source, cut it off then try traps.

Poison works a lot better.

Andrew Gabriel August 5th 18 10:47 AM

Plug in rodent repellers

In article ,
R D S writes:
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

I'll add another 'no', based on a relative's experience of using them.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Peeler[_2_] August 5th 18 10:49 AM

Plug in rodent repellers

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 09:18:50 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

I find they donąt stink at all.

Yes, everyone here knows by now that you are "special", poor senile sod!
BG

--
Richard addressing Rot Speed:
MID:

Peeler[_2_] August 5th 18 11:26 AM

Plug in rodent repellers

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 19:15:34 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

No.
They **** off guide dogs though.

Most rodents follow their trails and seem immune to most external things.

Not poison they arent.

They see that one or a few of them die after taking the baits and they won't
eat the baits, senile idiot!

Find the food source, cut it off then try traps.

Poison works a lot better.

Nope! Finding and cutting off the food (and even water) source is the most
effective way of getting rid of any pest, dumb Mr Know-it-all!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.

Marland August 5th 18 12:46 PM

Plug in rodent repellers

R D S wrote:
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Only if you unplug them and throw them with a good aim.

One type of trap I have had reasonable success with is electronic

http://www.victorpest.co.uk/shop/rat...ectronic-traps

Neck breakers can be effective but often the buggers can take the bait
without tripping them.

A useful thing to find out where the run is if it is not obvious such as in
a loft with a lot of insulation
Is a wildlife trap camera that can work in the dark, one may help see where
they are getting access so it can be blocked and if it a mouse ( get a cat)
or a Rat ( get a Terrier).

GH

Dave Liquorice[_2_] August 5th 18 07:27 PM

Plug in rodent repellers

On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 09:09:22 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

Do the plug in repellers work?

Not IME.

They can certainly hear them. We live capture and deport up onto the
moor miles (litrally) from any habitation. When one deportee was in
the cage I switched an acoustic "repeller" on and off a few times.
Mousey jumped every time it was switched on but otherwise didn't seem
to be bothered.

As a repeller doubtful, the mice still came in in the winter...

Chocolate baited mouse traps do. Peanut butter also attracts them, but
some seem able to eat that off the bait prong without tripping the trap.

Peanut butter also goes rancid, chocolate spread doesn't.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Vir Campestris August 5th 18 09:47 PM

Plug in rodent repellers

On 05/08/2018 10:47, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
I'll add another 'no', based on a relative's experience of using them.

aol

My neighbour tried one (we get mice every harvest time).

It worked for nearly a week.

Andy

Nightjar August 6th 18 09:45 AM

Plug in rodent repellers

On 05/08/2018 19:27, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 5 Aug 2018 09:09:22 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

Do the plug in repellers work?

Not IME.

They can certainly hear them. We live capture and deport up onto the
moor miles (litrally) from any habitation. When one deportee was in
the cage I switched an acoustic "repeller" on and off a few times.
Mousey jumped every time it was switched on but otherwise didn't seem
to be bothered.

As a repeller doubtful, the mice still came in in the winter...

Chocolate baited mouse traps do. Peanut butter also attracts them, but
some seem able to eat that off the bait prong without tripping the trap.

Peanut butter also goes rancid, chocolate spread doesn't.

I use a block of chocolate. I suspect that spread would suffer the same
problem as peanut butter; a mouse nibbling the relatively soft material
might not trip the trap.

Colin Bignell

soup[_9_] August 6th 18 11:16 AM

Plug in rodent repellers

On 04/08/2018 21:27, R D S wrote:

Do the plug in repellers work?

For repelling Elephants yes . We plugged one in about a six months ago
(didn't buy it MiL went into a home so we 'inherited' it) since that
time we have had zero elephants in the living room, proof positive that
it works as an Elephant repeller, but as for Mice it probably doesn't
work (but we haven't seen any mice either).
Being rural we used to get field mice a lot but this time of year they
seem to prefer all the fresh fruit and Berries and all the fresh air,(
may well be a different story come winter).

Brian Howie[_2_] August 6th 18 11:52 AM

Plug in rodent repellers

In message , R D S writes
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent
activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

No The one I tried didn't

Brian
--
Brian Howie

michael adams[_6_] August 6th 18 02:07 PM

Plug in rodent repellers

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
R D S wrote
There are some scrabbling noises in the workplace, we suspect rodent activity.

Do the plug in repellers work?

Nope. Poison does.

It would probably work on you too; only having dead mice under the
floorboards is probably bad enough as it is.

michael adams