Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electronic mouse repellers

Any experiences with electronic mouse repellers? There's some snake oil
around (e.g. the "electromagnetic" repeller that "penetrates walls,
ceilings, and floors") but do the ultrasonic ones actually work?

The problem exists only in our kitchen and laundry room, which would be
very difficult to seal. SWMBO uses 'bait' with some success but it needs
constant attention and seems unfriendly. One repeller in each place
would be better, if they worked.

--
Mike Barnes
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Aug 17, 12:42*pm, Mike Barnes wrote:
Any experiences with electronic mouse repellers? There's some snake oil
around (e.g. the "electromagnetic" repeller that "penetrates walls,
ceilings, and floors") but do the ultrasonic ones actually work?

The problem exists only in our kitchen and laundry room, which would be
very difficult to seal. SWMBO uses 'bait' with some success but it needs
constant attention and seems unfriendly. One repeller in each place
would be better, if they worked.

--
Mike Barnes

I'vev heard they work for a few weeks then the mice get used to them
and they have little effect.
I've seen them in B here and Queue .

I've found amazon a good source of reviews on various products,worth a
quick check
as maybe some products are better than others.
I'm guessing a cat isn;t a suitable choice.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-revi...View points=1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
[...]

We had a problem with mice last year they were eating our beetroot in the
garden
yes I am being serious

wilkinson mousetrap x 2 crunchy peanut butter

5 days 30+ mice no more problem

on some occasions I did not have time to get back to the house before the
trap went off

Regards

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 06:10:59 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave wrote:

Any experiences with electronic mouse repellers?

We used to(*) get mice in every autumn when it started to get cold.
Tried ultrasonic repeller thingies can't say they made a blind bit of
difference.

I'vev heard they work for a few weeks then the mice get used to them
and they have little effect.

We would live trap and deport up onto the fells several miles from
any habitation, the little blighters can take their chances with the
birds of prey, stoats, etc... As an experiment I tried switching one
of the ultrasonic devices on/off whilst observing a mouse in the
cage. It would certainly make 'em jump when switched on but had no
other obvious effect. I guess it might keep them away from an open
area, just like we wouldn't like to be in close proximity to a
pneumatic drill unless we had a good reason to be there. A source of
easy food would be a good reason...

I'm guessing a cat isn;t a suitable choice.

Not had mice in since the cat adopted us...

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mike Barnes writes:
Any experiences with electronic mouse repellers? There's some snake oil
around (e.g. the "electromagnetic" repeller that "penetrates walls,
ceilings, and floors") but do the ultrasonic ones actually work?

The problem exists only in our kitchen and laundry room, which would be
very difficult to seal. SWMBO uses 'bait' with some success but it needs
constant attention and seems unfriendly. One repeller in each place
would be better, if they worked.

Some friends bought several, and they did absolutely nothing to keep
mice out. I also had concerns about the sound they generate - just
because you can't hear it doesn't mean it can't damage your hearing.
They also had two under-5's, and I was concerned what the sound might
do to their hearing. Eventually, they got rid of them, I'm pleased to
say.

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message o.uk, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 06:10:59 -0700 (PDT), whisky-dave wrote:

Any experiences with electronic mouse repellers?

We used to(*) get mice in every autumn when it started to get cold.
Tried ultrasonic repeller thingies can't say they made a blind bit of
difference.

No, Can't say we've noticed it making a difference to the mice that come
into the house
--
Chris French

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

They also had two under-5's, and I was concerned what the sound might
do to their hearing. Eventually, they got rid of them, I'm pleased to
say.

I take it you do not like children then?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/08/2011 22:11, ARWadsworth wrote:
Andrew wrote:

They also had two under-5's, and I was concerned what the sound might
do to their hearing. Eventually, they got rid of them, I'm pleased to
say.

I take it you do not like children then?

He probably does, but like me, he can't eat a full one :-)

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:42:54 +0100, Mike Barnes wrote:

Any experiences with electronic mouse repellers?

Can't you just unplug it and put it away in a cupboard? ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 18 Aug 2011 02:10:13 +0000 (UTC), Jules Richardson
wrote:

On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:42:54 +0100, Mike Barnes wrote:

Any experiences with electronic mouse repellers?

Can't you just unplug it and put it away in a cupboard? ;-)

USB or PS2?
--
(\__/) M.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On Wed, 17 Aug 2011 12:42:54 +0100, Mike Barnes wrote:

Any experiences with electronic mouse repellers?

Can't you just unplug it and put it away in a cupboard? ;-)

USB or PS2?
--

A bluetooth one would keep working though, well until the batteries
went.