Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 3d printer problem.

How do you make it easier to get abs off the glass build plate.

I just ended up pulling flakes of glass off the surface trying to remove
a print.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 1 Aug 2018 20:16:23 +0100, "dennis@home"
wrote:

How do you make it easier to get abs off the glass build plate.

I just ended up pulling flakes of glass off the surface trying to remove
a print.

US Court now saying you can't even download the plans to print a gun.
Whatever next for the nanny state :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

How do you make it easier to get abs off the glass build plate.

I just ended up pulling flakes of glass off the surface trying to remove
a print.

Only printed PLA (so far) so have no idea. Do you use a heated bed
with ABS as PLA falls off once the heated bed has cooled down?

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:

How do you make it easier to get abs off the glass build plate.

Blue painters' tape seems popular ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

And how do they propose they will stop people downloading plans for a gun?
I often read these law makers ideas and think, do these people actually
understand the online world at all?

I'd have thought the original quivery might be that before a print a thin
film of grease might be applied to the glass, perhaps?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote:

How do you make it easier to get abs off the glass build plate.

I just ended up pulling flakes of glass off the surface trying to remove
a print.

US Court now saying you can't even download the plans to print a gun.
Whatever next for the nanny state :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

And how do they propose they will stop people downloading plans for a gun?

They can't the most they can do is threaten people who
do that with some penalty if they get caught doing it,
but since its completely trivial to do without anyone
knowing that you have done that, that’s only going
to bluff the ignorant.

I often read these law makers ideas and think, do these people actually
understand the online world at all?

Corse they do, and they know that some do get bluffed.

wrote:

How do you make it easier to get abs off the glass build plate.

I just ended up pulling flakes of glass off the surface trying to remove
a print.

US Court now saying you can't even download the plans to print a gun.
Whatever next for the nanny state :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/08/2018 07:54, Brian Gaff wrote:
And how do they propose they will stop people downloading plans for a gun?
I often read these law makers ideas and think, do these people actually
understand the online world at all?

I'd have thought the original quivery might be that before a print a thin
film of grease might be applied to the glass, perhaps?

I thought the recommendation was to put a thin layer of tape onto the
bed if you were going to print something inclined to stick to the bed
too vigorously. The last thing you want is the job sliding around on the
bed as it prints you end up with unholy modern art that way!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 17:54:36 +1000, cantankerous senile geezer Rot Speed
blabbered, again:

Brian Gaff wrote

And how do they propose they will stop people downloading plans for a gun?

They can't the most they can do is threaten people who

They (meaning everyone) can't even make a sick senile driveling idiot like
you shut up! That's EXACTLY the reason why you hang out on Usenet!

--
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp addressing Rot Speed:
"You really are a clueless pillock."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 2 August 2018 10:04:29 UTC+1, Martin Brown wrote:
On 02/08/2018 07:54, Brian Gaff wrote:
And how do they propose they will stop people downloading plans for a gun?
I often read these law makers ideas and think, do these people actually
understand the online world at all?

I'd have thought the original quivery might be that before a print a thin
film of grease might be applied to the glass, perhaps?

I thought the recommendation was to put a thin layer of tape onto the
bed if you were going to print something inclined to stick to the bed
too vigorously.

We've always used Kapton Tape for such things.
although this might not be the exact one we tend to get it from our pereferred suppliers.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/UEETEK-Temp...rds=B06XJP28Z4

The last thing you want is the job sliding around on the
bed as it prints you end up with unholy modern art that way!

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 2 Aug 2018 10:04:26 +0100, Martin Brown
wrote:

snip

I thought the recommendation was to put a thin layer of tape onto the
bed if you were going to print something inclined to stick to the bed
too vigorously. The last thing you want is the job sliding around on the
bed as it prints you end up with unholy modern art that way!

I'd not heard of anything sticking to the bed 'too vigorously' but the
normal problem was making it stick in the first place (in a removable
way, and hence heated beds, spray glue, PVA, tape etc)?

That said, I've only printed PLA (so far ...)

Cheers, T i m