Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default towel rail element timer

On 31/07/2018 13:42, Tim+ wrote:
Anyone fitted one of these?

400w Chrome Thermostatic electric element towel rail Radiator conversion
kit with timer

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00AAUEO..._tHfyBb891D564

My wife agrees that our towel rail is running much hotter than usual so I
think its inbuilt stat must have failed. As Id quite like to have it on a
timer this seems like the easiest way of killing two birds with one stone.

Any other recommended elements/timers/retailers gratefully received.

Tim

Not one of those but something similar from Screwfix when we had a new
bathroom fitted recently.

It has a variable control and a timer. You can set it, say, for half
power and either have it on all the time or press a 'button' (membrane)
and it comes on for a set period. I checked the price- about £40 from
memory as I thought I may get one for our other bathroom.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote:
On 31/07/2018 13:42, Tim+ wrote:
[...]

One of these perhaps?
https://www.screwfix.com/p/kudox-ele...questid=523099

How does that thermostatically control an existing element? Just from room
temperature?

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls