Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Wonky G clamp

On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 09:50:42 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

One of mine did that after being overtightened. I just unscrewed it
fully, clamped the other end in the vice and heaved on the end of the
threaded bit! That was probably 10 years ago and its been fine ever
since. I'm just careful not to overtighten that one.

They don't make G clamps like they used to. BnQ are doing set of 3 I saw
when I happened to visit them a few days ago. They're rather small but
for £3.50 the lot you can't grumble - even if they don't last.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 19 June 2018 18:00:26 UTC+1, Cursitor Doom wrote:
On Tue, 19 Jun 2018 09:50:42 +0100, Muddymike wrote:

One of mine did that after being overtightened. I just unscrewed it
fully, clamped the other end in the vice and heaved on the end of the
threaded bit! That was probably 10 years ago and its been fine ever
since. I'm just careful not to overtighten that one.

They don't make G clamps like they used to. BnQ are doing set of 3 I saw
when I happened to visit them a few days ago. They're rather small but
for £3.50 the lot you can't grumble - even if they don't last.

You should be able to get 3 small oldies for that price that'll last a lifetime. I could grumble.

NT