Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good ideas overseas

Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2018 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

Possibly with the consequence that people will jump the lights in a car
before going green and hit the car jumping the lights after red.

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

Or possibly more difficult when replacing existing curbs or when one
gets damaged after a heavy goods vehicle has mounted the curb.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2018 15:50, alan_m wrote:
On 17/06/2018 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

Possibly with the consequence that people will jump the lights in a car
before going green and hit the car jumping the lights after red.

If the timer doesn't faithfully represent the time to green this is
certainly a possibility. Otherwise its a brilliant idea and I've never
seen a car jumping the lights with these countdowns.

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

Or possibly more difficult when replacing existing curbs or when one
gets damaged after a heavy goods vehicle has mounted the curb.

It could even be reinforced so it doesn't break.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

these have turned up in central London - for the benefit of tourists, no
doubt.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

Count down for the pedestrian side have been around here for years.
Not a good idea for traffic, given how many jump the lights.

--
*'Progress' and 'Change' are not synonyms.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 17/06/2018 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

Doncaster has them on some pedestrian crossing.

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

Just goes to show how lazy the Italians are.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/18 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

In France they have stretches of motorway (10 to 20kms) where lorries
are not allowed to overtake each other. I think the police must take
offenders aside and shoot them because you don't get lorries passing at
the glacial pace the do here.

Another Dave

--
Change nospam to techie
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2018 19:56, Another Dave wrote:
On 17/06/18 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

In France they have stretches of motorway (10 to 20kms) where lorries
are not allowed to overtake each other. I think the police must take
offenders aside and shoot them because you don't get lorries passing at
the glacial pace the do here.

There are some dual carriageways here too where lorries are not allowed
in the inside lane. Parts of the A42 come to mind.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Fredxx wrote:
On 17/06/2018 19:56, Another Dave wrote:
On 17/06/18 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

In France they have stretches of motorway (10 to 20kms) where lorries
are not allowed to overtake each other. I think the police must take
offenders aside and shoot them because you don't get lorries passing at
the glacial pace the do here.

The 'glacial pace' is hardly the lorry drivers' fault, it's simply
down to the speed governor on the lorry.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2018 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

We (in the UK) seem unable to copy ideas from overseas which are good
but happily adopt bad ones ;-(

I recall joking to a German that they would learn that trams were a bad
idea and scrap them. I didn't realise Germans lack our sense of humour.

Likewise, every time I see a 'bendy bus' in a French City I am reminded
that they are unsuitable for use in cities, which is why Boris got rid
of them. (They cope fine with narrow streets etc in France.)

Plus, of course, there is the attitude to alcohol and licensing laws
etc. You simply don't see the drunken behaviour we have here elsewhere
in Europe, at least unless it is Brits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote

Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder
why the idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been
count-down displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

Yeah, useful idea.

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

We pour ours into formwork.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jethro_uk wrote:

Chris Green wrote:

The 'glacial pace' is hardly the lorry drivers' fault, it's simply down
to the speed governor on the lorry.

So why overtake in the first place ?

Because sitting behind involves constant adjustment of accelerator or
cruise control, but planting their foot and letting the governor sit on
the limit while creeping past the lorry in front is 'easier'.

An adaptive cruise control that let them sit behind the truck in front,
without any driver input, even if it was +/- 1 or 2 mph of the governor
might actually help.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Another Dave wrote in newsg6at8$85l$1@dont-
email.me:

On 17/06/18 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why

the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-

down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue

and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

In France they have stretches of motorway (10 to 20kms) where lorries
are not allowed to overtake each other. I think the police must take
offenders aside and shoot them because you don't get lorries passing

at
the glacial pace the do here.

Another Dave

I saw this on the M42 here yesterday - for a few miles on a slight up
hill gradient.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Chris Green
writes
Fredxx wrote:
On 17/06/2018 19:56, Another Dave wrote:
On 17/06/18 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

In France they have stretches of motorway (10 to 20kms) where lorries
are not allowed to overtake each other. I think the police must take
offenders aside and shoot them because you don't get lorries passing at
the glacial pace the do here.

The 'glacial pace' is hardly the lorry drivers' fault, it's simply
down to the speed governor on the lorry.

So why doesn't the guy on the inside lift his foot for half a minute?

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Reay wrote
DerbyBorn wrote

Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

We (in the UK) seem unable to copy ideas from overseas which are good

Could have sworn you did with mobile phones,
credit cards, nuclear weapons, etc etc etc.

but happily adopt bad ones ;-(

I recall joking to a German that they would learn that trams were a bad
idea and scrap them. I didn't realise Germans lack our sense of humour.

Likewise, every time I see a 'bendy bus' in a French City I am reminded
that they are unsuitable for use in cities, which is why Boris got rid
of them. (They cope fine with narrow streets etc in France.)

Plus, of course, there is the attitude to alcohol and licensing
laws etc. You simply don't see the drunken behaviour we
have here elsewhere in Europe, at least unless it is Brits.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 05:41:14 +1000, Rod Speed wrote:

DerbyBorn wrote

Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder
why the idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been
count-down displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

Yeah, useful idea.

You pesky senile oaf need a count-down display on your watch showing the
remaining time for you! That MIGHT make you a bit less irascible!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 07:29:42 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed blabbered,
again:

We (in the UK) seem unable to copy ideas from overseas which are good

Could have sworn you did with mobile phones,
credit cards, nuclear weapons, etc etc etc.

Some people swear you are an argumentative asshole, Rot!

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm sure we have count down lights here at some places. The snag is that if
a crowd of people come along and are in the middle when it expires.

Not sure about the interlocking curbs as what happens on bends?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

With regard to crossings. There are now some that interface with an app on a
smart phone for the pedestrian to help you find them and alert you of their
mode at a given time using blutooth I understand.There are moves afoot to
try to agree an international standard. It wold certainly help blind people
who no longer would need to either hear the bleeps not knowing if they aare
even there or hang on to a little rotating cone under the box.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Fredxx" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

One weird import that I understand is around in other countries is the
'inlink' street terminal. This magnificent piece of hard ware has an lcd
screen mainly used for advertising which is very bright. A charging bay for
phones and tablets, an actual telephone but with loudspeaker and touch
buttons and often much more.
Its started to appear here in Kingston upon thames and has wifi and also
often a seat nearby.
The term jack of all trades master of none comes to mind . No call is
private as it can be heard by the world and his wife and is free subsidised
by the adverts.
For a town which talks about decluttering the streets this seems an odd
move to me.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"charles" wrote in message
In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

these have turned up in central London - for the benefit of tourists, no
doubt.

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Who invented armadillos for lane segregation of a cycle lane? These look
apparently like bits of car tyre raised up through the road surface
designed not to damage vehicles. The trouble is that they also do not really
work to make cyclists feel safe from traffic either and look bloody awful.
Then who decided to have floating bus stops? These are where you have a
cycle lane but the bus has to stay on the road, so you have to cross the
cycle lane to find the stop, but often for a blind person there is now no
flag on the pavement to indicate where the bus stop is, and neither are
there standards of tactile or which direction from a crossing the buss stop
is, no railings either so you can walk straight off into traffic. Signage is
sparse for cyclists so the think they have right of way and mow the blindy
down.
The problem in the worlds seems to be a complete lack of standards and
indeed awareness that all pavement and public transport users are not able
bodied youths.
Brian

--
----- --

"ARW" wrote in message
On 17/06/2018 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

Doncaster has them on some pedestrian crossing.

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

Just goes to show how lazy the Italians are.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

in 1700446 20180617 154218 DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

It's called "the NIH syndrome" (Not Invented Here).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
A while ago now (so not "new") on holiday in Cornwall, I noticed the St.
Austell ASDA had a clever car park design whereby the blue badge spaces -
despite being at the front of the store - could only be accessed after
driving through the entire car park.

That does sound a good idea.

It was telling that a chat with the security guard revealed they were
never abused (i.e. had cars with no BB parking). Which suggests most BB
abuse is because some people are lazy ****s.

The supermarket I use most has very easy parking mid week. But never
ceases to amaze me how many spend ages slotting into a space close to the
entrance. Back and forth. Rather than drive a few extra yards and drive
straight into a space. Must be some sort of competition they want to win.

Suits me, though. Having had cars damaged by having doors opened onto
them. Leaves the far end of the park nice and clear.

Because its an easy place to park and no restrictions other than a time
limit, it often gets used by van drivers on a break. Why do they always
leave their engine running? Even on a day when neither heating or cooling
is needed? And why do so many husbands waiting for the wife do the same?

--
*Windows will never cease *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris Green wrote:
Fredxx wrote:
On 17/06/2018 19:56, Another Dave wrote:
On 17/06/18 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

In France they have stretches of motorway (10 to 20kms) where lorries
are not allowed to overtake each other. I think the police must take
offenders aside and shoot them because you don't get lorries passing at
the glacial pace the do here.

The 'glacial pace' is hardly the lorry drivers' fault, it's simply
down to the speed governor on the lorry.

Its the glacial pace of overtaking rather than absolute speed thats the
problem. Two lorries overtaking on a dual carriageway can form a rolling
roadblock that can last for miles if theyre really pig-headed.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Because its an easy place to park and no restrictions other than a time
limit, it often gets used by van drivers on a break.

Just about to leave my local Wickes the other day when a twin cab
pickup swooped in and stopped diagonally across two disabled
bays.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:30:08 +0100, Chris J Dixon wrote:

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Because its an easy place to park and no restrictions other than a time
limit, it often gets used by van drivers on a break.

Just about to leave my local Wickes the other day when a twin cab pickup
swooped in and stopped diagonally across two disabled bays.

Chris

Should take a picture and upload to the YPLAC Twitter account or their
website!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , Jethro_uk
wrote:
[...]

Our nearest Sainsbury has put a height barrier to stop vans doingb this.

Why do they always leave their engine running? Even on a day when neither
heating or cooling is needed? And why do so many husbands waiting for the
wife do the same?

so they can listen to the radio?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 15:50:54 +0100, alan_m
wrote:

On 17/06/2018 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

Possibly with the consequence that people will jump the lights in a car
before going green and hit the car jumping the lights after red.

Where I've seen it the exact opposite occured and there was no edging
forward in a mistimed expectation of a green light showing.

I don't recall noticing any issue with cars jumping the red. Maybe
they learnt to realise they would get hit? Or maybe there was a
longer delay between the opposing red and the forthcoming green.

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

Or possibly more difficult when replacing existing curbs or when one
gets damaged after a heavy goods vehicle has mounted the curb.

AnthonyL
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
charles wrote:
Because its an easy place to park and no restrictions other than a time
limit, it often gets used by van drivers on a break.

Our nearest Sainsbury has put a height barrier to stop vans doingb this.

This one has too. But many vans are lower than some Chelsea tractors. ;-)

--
*I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
AnthonyL wrote:
I don't recall noticing any issue with cars jumping the red.

You're very lucky round your way, then. Happens all the time these days.
Making it even slower for traffic waiting to turn right.

--
*I never drink anything stronger than gin before breakfast *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

we have them in the UK

I crossed the road by one only last week Ludgate Hill IIRC

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 17/06/2018 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

Possibly with the consequence that people will jump the lights in a car
before going green and hit the car jumping the lights after red.

I don't think they put them in the driver's view, only pedestrians

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/06/2018 20:16, Chris Green wrote:
Fredxx wrote:
On 17/06/2018 19:56, Another Dave wrote:
On 17/06/18 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

In France they have stretches of motorway (10 to 20kms) where lorries
are not allowed to overtake each other. I think the police must take
offenders aside and shoot them because you don't get lorries passing at
the glacial pace the do here.

The 'glacial pace' is hardly the lorry drivers' fault, it's simply
down to the speed governor on the lorry.

Of course its the drivers fault, he knows its going to happen and still
does it.
Just an ignorant bstard.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
tim... wrote:

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 17/06/2018 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why
the idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been
count-down displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

Possibly with the consequence that people will jump the lights in a
car before going green and hit the car jumping the lights after red.

I don't think they put them in the driver's view, only pedestrians

Pretty well all of then round here can be read by drivers too.

--
*It was all so different before everything changed.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 18 June 2018 13:52:14 UTC+1, tim... wrote:
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

we have them in the UK

I crossed the road by one only last week Ludgate Hill IIRC

tim

Same here the one in straford has been there a year or so if not more could have been there since the olympics.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/06/18 11:39, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 19:41:13 +0100, ARW wrote:

On 17/06/2018 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

Doncaster has them on some pedestrian crossing.

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

Just goes to show how lazy the Italians are.

WTF has that got to do with laziness?

You're not English/British are you?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/06/18 11:47, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 20:20:32 -0000 (UTC), Jethro_uk
wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 20:16:57 +0100, Chris Green wrote:

Fredxx wrote:
On 17/06/2018 19:56, Another Dave wrote:
On 17/06/18 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why
the idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been
count-down displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue
and groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation
easier.

In France they have stretches of motorway (10 to 20kms) where lorries
are not allowed to overtake each other. I think the police must take
offenders aside and shoot them because you don't get lorries passing
at the glacial pace the do here.

The 'glacial pace' is hardly the lorry drivers' fault, it's simply down
to the speed governor on the lorry.

So why overtake in the first place ?

A question I have asked myself over and over again :-)

Stop asking if you couldn't be bothered to reply then.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Chris J Dixon Wrote in message:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Because its an easy place to park and no restrictions other than a time
limit, it often gets used by van drivers on a break.

Just about to leave my local Wickes the other day when a twin cab
pickup swooped in and stopped diagonally across two disabled
bays.

Yplac.com

Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/06/18 17:37, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 16:33:43 +0100, Richard
wrote:

On 18/06/18 11:39, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 19:41:13 +0100, ARW wrote:

On 17/06/2018 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

Doncaster has them on some pedestrian crossing.

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

Just goes to show how lazy the Italians are.

WTF has that got to do with laziness?

You're not English/British are you?

Of course I am, but have lived abroad long enough to not use UK stereo types.

Now answer my question.

No.