Posted to uk.d-i-y
Fredxx[_3_] Fredxx[_3_] is offline

Default Good ideas overseas

On 17/06/2018 15:50, alan_m wrote:
On 17/06/2018 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

Possibly with the consequence that people will jump the lights in a car
before going green and hit the car jumping the lights after red.

If the timer doesn't faithfully represent the time to green this is
certainly a possibility. Otherwise its a brilliant idea and I've never
seen a car jumping the lights with these countdowns.

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

Or possibly more difficult when replacing existing curbs or when one
gets damaged after a heavy goods vehicle has mounted the curb.

It could even be reinforced so it doesn't break.