Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default off topic

Is any other old fart having problems with the new improved patient
access?.....they don't seem to have any record of me...bloody digital......
--
Living the post amateur radio nightmare ...
Rejecting the coffee culture...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is any other old fart having problems with the new improved patient
access?.....they don't seem to have any record of me...bloody
digital......

I've just had some tests done at the local hospital. Arranged by my GP,
and appointments were very fast indeed. So much so that the appointments
happened before the post arrived telling me where to go exactly in the
large hospital. Luckily, did find out there.

If they can send me texts etc reminding me of those appointments, why not
a text or email with the details of it?

Trouble here is the post arrives about midday. Not much use if on the same
day as your appointment, as happen both times here.

--
*My dog can lick anyone

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is any other old fart having problems with the new improved patient
access?.....they don't seem to have any record of me...bloody
digital......

I've just had some tests done at the local hospital. Arranged by my GP,
and appointments were very fast indeed. So much so that the appointments
happened before the post arrived telling me where to go exactly in the
large hospital. Luckily, did find out there.

If they can send me texts etc reminding me of those appointments, why not
a text or email with the details of it?

Trouble here is the post arrives about midday. Not much use if on the same
day as your appointment, as happen both times here.

yes bloody computers are useless ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is any other old fart having problems with the new improved patient
access?.....they don't seem to have any record of me...bloody
digital......

I've just had some tests done at the local hospital. Arranged by my GP,
and appointments were very fast indeed. So much so that the appointments
happened before the post arrived telling me where to go exactly in the
large hospital. Luckily, did find out there.

If they can send me texts etc reminding me of those appointments, why not
a text or email with the details of it?

Trouble here is the post arrives about midday. Not much use if on the
same
day as your appointment, as happen both times here.

yes bloody computers are useless ....

Must be why you use them to post here.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 6 Jun 2018 20:09:00 +1000, cantankerous geezer Rot Speed produced
yet more rot:

Trouble here is the post arrives about midday. Not much use if on the
same
day as your appointment, as happen both times here.

yes bloody computers are useless ....

Must be why you use them to post here.

You won't need anything else, Rot:
https://thetravellingtiles.files.wor...b6f9820001.jpg
Thorazine

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim GM4DHJ ... wrote:
Is any other old fart having problems with the new improved patient
access?.....they don't seem to have any record of me...bloody
digital......

I've just had some tests done at the local hospital. Arranged by my
GP, and appointments were very fast indeed. So much so that the
appointments happened before the post arrived telling me where to go
exactly in the large hospital. Luckily, did find out there.

If they can send me texts etc reminding me of those appointments, why
not a text or email with the details of it?

Trouble here is the post arrives about midday. Not much use if on the
same day as your appointment, as happen both times here.

yes bloody computers are useless ....

I'd say the letter was produced on a computer. Just the transmission
method which was wrong (to me). And email is free - I'd guess even the NHS
pay something for paper and stamp.

--
*And don't start a sentence with a conjunction *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The accessible information standard became law in 2016, it is now mid 2018
and still most nhs sites cannot cope with email letters and large print or
audio letters to patients. Rocket science it is not, However lack of
expertise and the general inertia of large organisations plus the medic
knows best ethos has still meant we are not getting service we have had from
commercial organisations since the bloody turn of the century.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...