Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Coffee maker cable

I'm looking for a cable for an ancient Russell-Hobbs coffee maker,
model 3010/P. The plug is similar to a standard IEC one, but has a notch
opposite the earth pin to accommodate a corresponding raised section in
the socket on the device.
I have looked at many parts suppliers, and they seem to think that this
particular model is just too ancient. CPC don't seem to list it, ebay
just has a generic image which it repeats so you can't see the actual
plug end itself. Ditto Amazon. What is displayed is the unit without
the cutout part, so no good.

The moulded plug that goes into the coffee maker seems to have burned
out or otherwise failed. A new plug that I could add to the old cable
would be fine.

If anybody can point me in the right direction, it would be much
appreciated.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Davey wrote:
I'm looking for a cable for an ancient Russell-Hobbs coffee maker,
model 3010/P. The plug is similar to a standard IEC one, but has a notch
opposite the earth pin to accommodate a corresponding raised section in
the socket on the device.

Is it an IEC C15 connector, commonly called a 'hot' IEC connector?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60320

for instance:
http://cpc.farnell.com/unbranded/p-u...PL15204?st=c15
(out of stock until next week)

or (possibly a bit on the long side):
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2m-Power-...E/332659081902

The moulded plug that goes into the coffee maker seems to have burned
out or otherwise failed. A new plug that I could add to the old cable
would be fine.

http://cpc.farnell.com/schurter/4781...CN03854?st=c15

Theo
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Davey" wrote in message
news
I'm looking for a cable for an ancient Russell-Hobbs coffee maker,
model 3010/P. The plug is similar to a standard IEC one, but has a notch
opposite the earth pin to accommodate a corresponding raised section in
the socket on the device.

That's an IEC-C15, trivially available on ebay and amazon and aliexpress.

Normally in those hotter devices.

I have looked at many parts suppliers, and they seem
to think that this particular model is just too ancient.

You should have looked for a standard IEC-C15 power cord.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_f...c+c15&_sacat=0

CPC don't seem to list it, ebay just has a generic image
which it repeats so you can't see the actual plug end itself.
Ditto Amazon. What is displayed is the unit without
the cutout part, so no good.

The moulded plug that goes into the coffee maker seems to have burned
out or otherwise failed. A new plug that I could add to the old cable
would be fine.

If anybody can point me in the right direction, it would be much
appreciated.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Davey wrote:
I'm looking for a cable for an ancient Russell-Hobbs coffee maker,
model 3010/P. The plug is similar to a standard IEC one, but has a notch
opposite the earth pin to accommodate a corresponding raised section in
the socket on the device.
I have looked at many parts suppliers, and they seem to think that this
particular model is just too ancient. CPC don't seem to list it, ebay
just has a generic image which it repeats so you can't see the actual
plug end itself. Ditto Amazon. What is displayed is the unit without
the cutout part, so no good.

The moulded plug that goes into the coffee maker seems to have burned
out or otherwise failed. A new plug that I could add to the old cable
would be fine.

If anybody can point me in the right direction, it would be much
appreciated.

You want a 'hot' condition lead. Vast choice on Ebay.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2m-Power-...AOSw1ZpbBGE k

--
*To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated, but not be able to say it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 28 May 2018 11:19:38 +0100
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Davey wrote:
[...]

Thanks, folks. The word HOT is clearly the key here. I notice that even
at least one of those cited shows an image of a plug without the cutout
which is defined by the C15 designation.
I will now choose the most suitable available lead.

--
Davey.