Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plumb Center (now Wolsley) and radio thermostats

A while back I replaced a Honeywell programmable radio thermostat with a
"look alike" with the aid of this NG. As posted previously, I might be
helping to add stuff to a central heating system including a programmable
thermostat.

Going looking for it again, I can't find it on the Wolsley/Plumb Centre
site.

" Center radio frequency programmable room thermostat 1 £51.00 "

The Honeywell branded ones seem to be over £100.
CM927 I think is the standard.
Noted that these are just over £80 on eBay.

Is there another recommended 7 day programmable wireless room thermostat
at a slightly lower price? Or is it Honeywell all the way down?

Cheers

Dave R

P.S. as HOH seems to regularly post a "thank you" about getting the
display working again I might have a try at that first.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 May 2018 13:47:05 +0000, David wrote:

A while back I replaced a Honeywell programmable radio thermostat with a
"look alike" with the aid of this NG. As posted previously, I might be
helping to add stuff to a central heating system including a
programmable thermostat.

Going looking for it again, I can't find it on the Wolsley/Plumb Centre
site.

snip

Oh, bugger!

Just looked at the invoice again, put in the product code, and there it is
at £63.60.

Sorry about that.
Still, if there is something out there which is better value feel free to
speak.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/05/2018 14:49, David wrote:
On Thu, 17 May 2018 13:47:05 +0000, David wrote:

A while back I replaced a Honeywell programmable radio thermostat with a
"look alike" with the aid of this NG. As posted previously, I might be
helping to add stuff to a central heating system including a
programmable thermostat.

Going looking for it again, I can't find it on the Wolsley/Plumb Centre
site.

snip

Oh, bugger!

Just looked at the invoice again, put in the product code, and there it is
at £63.60.

Sorry about that.
Still, if there is something out there which is better value feel free to
speak.

I did exactly the same a couple of years ago - replaced the 927 with
this one (which I believe is a Honeywell under the cover).

Only thing I miss from the "real" one is the "boost" button: press once
for a 1 hour always-on period, and twice for a 2 hour period. saves you
having to mess with the temperature settings.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/05/2018 10:11, JoeJoe wrote:
[...]

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honeywell...4383.l4275.c10

I couldn't bring myself to pay the extra £80 at the time for the real
thing. But I would pay the extra £30 for this one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 18 May 2018 10:14:52 +0100, JoeJoe wrote:

[...]

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honeywell...ireless-7-Day-

Prog-Room-Stat-Receiver-bnib-/323252209685?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10

I couldn't bring myself to pay the extra £80 at the time for the real
thing. But I would pay the extra £30 for this one.

Thanks - some are listed around the £80 mark but there is always an
increased risk if you don't know the supplier.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/05/2018 11:33, David wrote:
[...]

Check carefully - the cheap ones almost always come without the receiver
unit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

Use a credit card? ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/05/2018 11:33, David wrote:
an
increased risk if you don't know the supplier.

Especially when Wolseley have changed their name to, ...
wait for it ,.... FERGUSON.

Apparently Ferguson is their brand name in the US, so
once again we have to dump a familiar English name
and be reminded of a Football manager and an ex-royal
with a wandering willy father.

If they really don't want to be at the end of the
FTSE stock listings, there was always something above
'Alphabet'.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 18 May 2018 16:27:05 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 18/05/2018 11:33, David wrote:
an
increased risk if you don't know the supplier.

Especially when Wolseley have changed their name to, ...
wait for it ,.... FERGUSON.

Apparently Ferguson is their brand name in the US, so once again we have
to dump a familiar English name and be reminded of a Football manager
and an ex-royal with a wandering willy father.

If they really don't want to be at the end of the FTSE stock listings,
there was always something above 'Alphabet'.

Too young to remember the Ferguson TVs?

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/05/2018 16:34, David wrote:
On Fri, 18 May 2018 16:27:05 +0100, Andrew wrote:

On 18/05/2018 11:33, David wrote:
an
increased risk if you don't know the supplier.

Especially when Wolseley have changed their name to, ...
wait for it ,.... FERGUSON.

Apparently Ferguson is their brand name in the US, so once again we have
to dump a familiar English name and be reminded of a Football manager
and an ex-royal with a wandering willy father.

If they really don't want to be at the end of the FTSE stock listings,
there was always something above 'Alphabet'.

Too young to remember the Ferguson TVs?

Cheers

Dave R

Old enough to have learned to drive on a Ferguson tractor :-).

A grey diesel one, with the starter activated by pushing a brass
button on the gearbox with your right ankle and pushing the
gear lever into the start position.