Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Plumb Center (now Wolsley) and radio thermostats

On Fri, 18 May 2018 10:14:52 +0100, JoeJoe wrote:

On 18/05/2018 10:11, JoeJoe wrote:
On 17/05/2018 14:49, David wrote:
On Thu, 17 May 2018 13:47:05 +0000, David wrote:

A while back I replaced a Honeywell programmable radio thermostat
with a "look alike" with the aid of this NG. As posted previously, I
might be helping to add stuff to a central heating system including a
programmable thermostat.

Going looking for it again, I can't find it on the Wolsley/Plumb
Centre site.
snip

Oh, bugger!

Just looked at the invoice again, put in the product code, and there
it is at £63.60.

Sorry about that.
Still, if there is something out there which is better value feel free
to speak.

I did exactly the same a couple of years ago - replaced the 927 with
this one (which I believe is a Honeywell under the cover).

Only thing I miss from the "real" one is the "boost" button: press once
for a 1 hour always-on period, and twice for a 2 hour period. saves you
having to mess with the temperature settings.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Honeywell...ireless-7-Day-

Prog-Room-Stat-Receiver-bnib-/323252209685?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10

I couldn't bring myself to pay the extra £80 at the time for the real
thing. But I would pay the extra £30 for this one.

Thanks - some are listed around the £80 mark but there is always an
increased risk if you don't know the supplier.

Cheers

Dave R

---