Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dowel 90mm diameter needed

I'm doing some work for a charity mending the fence outside their premises.

It's made of turned, shaped uprights, some of which have rotted.

I need some timber that's round in cross section and 90mm in diameter to replace the rotten bits.

Anyone know where I could obtain some please?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/05/18 13:53, Murmansk wrote:
I'm doing some work for a charity mending the fence outside their premises.

It's made of turned, shaped uprights, some of which have rotted.

I need some timber that's round in cross section and 90mm in diameter to replace the rotten bits.

Anyone know where I could obtain some please?

Most fence posts seem to be 75mm or 100mm but Googling for round fence
posts 90mm and my location is bring up some possibilities. Maybe a
similar search in your locality will too. If not, there's always eBay
which seems to have some too.

Good luck,

Nick
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Murmansk Wrote in message:
I'm doing some work for a charity mending the fence outside their premises.

It's made of turned, shaped uprights, some of which have rotted.

I need some timber that's round in cross section and 90mm in diameter to replace the rotten bits.

Anyone know where I could obtain some please?

Ring a local agricultural supplies place & ask?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Murmansk wrote:
I'm doing some work for a charity mending the fence outside their premises.

It's made of turned, shaped uprights, some of which have rotted.

I need some timber that's round in cross section and 90mm in diameter to replace the rotten bits.

Anywhere that sells 'turned' or round fence posts, they'll cost you
three or four pounds each I would guess, depends on the length of
course.

Where are you? I know my local (Suffolk) suppliers because I use
quite a few of these.

--
Chris Green
·
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 17 May 2018 05:53:44 -0700, Murmansk wrote:

I'm doing some work for a charity mending the fence outside their
premises.

It's made of turned, shaped uprights, some of which have rotted.

I need some timber that's round in cross section and 90mm in diameter to
replace the rotten bits.

Anyone know where I could obtain some please?

Help if you said how long they need to be. :-)

https://www.jacksons-fencing.co.uk/f...fencing/fence-
stakes#viewProducts

This seems to be more or less what you are after.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks for those responses

In the end I found a supplier of hardwood dowels which I think it what I need rather than softwood fence posts

https://www.toolsandtimber.co.uk/sap...-1152?___SID=U

Their 76mm size will do me and a couple of 350mm lengths is more practical to post than a long fence post.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Murmansk Wrote in message:
Thanks for those responses

In the end I found a supplier of hardwood dowels which I think it what I need rather than softwood fence posts

https://www.toolsandtimber.co.uk/sap...-1152?___SID=U

Their 76mm size will do me and a couple of 350mm lengths is more practical to post than a long fence post.

£26 for 2 foot long bits of timber the wrong diameter....

This charity one if them with deep pockets?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Reducing the diameter of a dowel? T i m UK diy 15 June 11th 17 10:24 PM
Where to buy large diameter PVC pipe (14" diameter) dean Home Repair 5 November 21st 06 01:40 AM
Dowel diameter Jimbo UK diy 3 September 15th 05 02:48 PM
Source For Large Diameter Threaded Dowel?? daryl1138 Woodworking 18 January 28th 04 07:49 PM
When Is A Half Inch Dowel Not A Half Inch Dowel? Kevin Preston Woodworking 0 July 20th 03 02:42 PM