Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soffit board replacement

The soffit boards on my house are looking a bit ropey and I want to do
something to smarten them up, so would be grateful for a bit of advice
about what I am thinking of doing.

The paint is peeling off them but I don't fancy repainting them because
they would need sanding down and I gather the old boards are made of
asbestos. Because of this I don't really want to disturb anything that's
there if I can help it, so I am thinking of fitting new upvc soffit
boards on top. The problem is how do I go about it, and that's where I'd
be interested to hear what you think here?

Upvc soffit boards are very light, particularly the hollow ones, so I
was thinking of just glueing them to the existing boards, with perhaps a
couple of nails here and there. Any views?