Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Soffit board replacement

Have you ever tried to glue or nail asbestos?. I'm not sure of the sort of
thing these existing ones are.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Andy" wrote in message
o.uk...
The soffit boards on my house are looking a bit ropey and I want to do
something to smarten them up, so would be grateful for a bit of advice
about what I am thinking of doing.

The paint is peeling off them but I don't fancy repainting them because
they would need sanding down and I gather the old boards are made of
asbestos. Because of this I don't really want to disturb anything that's
there if I can help it, so I am thinking of fitting new upvc soffit boards
on top. The problem is how do I go about it, and that's where I'd be
interested to hear what you think here?

Upvc soffit boards are very light, particularly the hollow ones, so I was
thinking of just glueing them to the existing boards, with perhaps a
couple of nails here and there. Any views?