Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Slightly more manly Wago box

Just spotted this:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WAGOBOXXL.html

Probably a bit more usable in a number of situations...

Must admit I had not spotted the Wago "buttons" before - I was looking
at one of the boxes the other week thinking "what are they expecting
these slots to engage with?"

(before I shrugged and screwed through its base into a joist!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WAGOBOXXL.html
Probably a bit more usable in a number of situations...

But beware it doesn't take the older 222 series, it's for the newer
slimmer 221 series
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 29 March 2018 15:32:30 UTC+1, John Rumm wrote:
Just spotted this:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WAGOBOXXL.html

By "manly" I was expecting something in cast iron :-)

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/03/2018 15:32, John Rumm wrote:
Just spotted this:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WAGOBOXXL.html

Probably a bit more usable in a number of situations...

Must admit I had not spotted the Wago "buttons" before - I was looking
at one of the boxes the other week thinking "what are they expecting
these slots to engage with?"

(before I shrugged and screwed through its base into a joist!)

I had a sense of deja vu all over again when I saw the email from TLC
about them. I eventually recalled/found where I saw them first.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=...U/3nl5EmikCQAJ

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/03/18 15:32, John Rumm wrote:
Just spotted this:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WAGOBOXXL.html

Probably a bit more usable in a number of situations...

Must admit I had not spotted the Wago "buttons" before - I was looking
at one of the boxes the other week thinking "what are they expecting
these slots to engage with?"

(before I shrugged and screwed through its base into a joist!)

That's actually a useful box!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/03/2018 15:32, John Rumm wrote:
Just spotted this:

https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/WAGOBOXXL.html

Probably a bit more usable in a number of situations...

Must admit I had not spotted the Wago "buttons" before - I was looking
at one of the boxes the other week thinking "what are they expecting
these slots to engage with?"

(before I shrugged and screwed through its base into a joist!)

Interesting to see that they have a new design of lever connector. I
have to say that I use far more lever connectors than push fit ones (but
I am not doing much with t+e).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:

Interesting to see that they have a new design of lever connector. I
have to say that I use far more lever connectors than push fit ones (but
I am not doing much with t+e).

I have tended to use the push-fit type for commoning earths in boxes
with multiple two- or three-way lever connectors, meaning I have more
earth wires than could fit into a five-way lever ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/03/2018 16:05, Andy Burns wrote:
newshound wrote:

Interesting to see that they have a new design of lever connector. I
have to say that I use far more lever connectors than push fit ones (but
I am not doing much with t+e).

I have tended to use the push-fit type for commoning earths in boxes
with multiple two- or three-way lever connectors, meaning I have more
earth wires than could fit into a five-way lever ...

Somehow I still don't trust these over traditional JBs, crimping or
soldering. Are there any concerns about long term reliability -
especially oxidation leading to a bit of resistance leading to a bit of
heat leading to ... ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newshound wrote:

Interesting to see that they have a new design of lever connector. I
have to say that I use far more lever connectors than push fit ones (but
I am not doing much with t+e).

I have tended to use the push-fit type for commoning earths in boxes
with multiple two- or three-way lever connectors, meaning I have more
earth wires than could fit into a five-way lever ...

Somehow I still don't trust these over traditional JBs, crimping or
soldering. Are there any concerns about long term reliability -
especially oxidation leading to a bit of resistance leading to a bit of
heat leading to ... ?

Know someone who used to do HVAC install, he much preferred cage clamps in lever and DIN format to screw terminals, reckoned he saw a lot less toasted connections , screw terminals prone to loosening with vibration in the conditions.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:

The push in wagos seem to bite into the copper quite well, they also
shroud the whole connection which ought to make for less oxidisation.

They are gas-tight, claim similar* contact pressure to screw terminals,
as they've been around since 1977 someone should have noticed any
problems by now.

https://www.wago.com/infomaterial/pdf/51184677.pdf

[*] which presumable does mean slightly less, otherise they'd claim
better rather than similar.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Huge wrote:

John Rumm wrote:

The push in wagos seem to bite into the copper quite well,

They're certainly very hard (impossible?) to get off again!

Just twist back and forth while pulling.

More manly shredder John Rumm UK diy 6 June 16th 17 12:20 PM
Using Wago lever connectors in a non-Wago box? Adam Funk[_3_] UK diy 15 November 6th 14 08:55 PM
Manly-man gooseneck tasklight (Moffatt Products 95021) Louis Ohland Metalworking 3 January 8th 08 11:10 PM
OT - Manly Songs I like J T Woodworking 39 February 21st 07 07:34 PM
Truck for sale... '99 Isuzu FTR - (It's Metal related because it's a MANLY TRUCK, and we're manly men here!!!!) RainLover Metalworking 0 October 14th 05 07:40 PM