Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SHower hose screw thread?

Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

Presumably British Standard Pipe (BSP)?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/02/2018 18:51, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

Presumably British Standard Pipe (BSP)?

Get some compression joiners for 15mm pipe.

Remove the nuts and olives.

You should find the shower fitting screws on.

You may need to seal somehow, perhaps pop in a lathe and turn a 'flat'
(there is a recess for the olive). Then fit the normal washer used with
shower hoses.

I used the technique to make a fitting once, worked for years no
problem. Could still be working.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 17 February 2018 18:51:48 UTC, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

arf inch bee ess pee.

Such couplers are already made eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111718270192

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

arf inch bee ess pee.

Such couplers are already made eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111718270192

Owain

Can be got cheaper if you are ordering a lot, or can put together an
order of plumbing parts to reduce postage. But don't you want parallel
threads because ISTR shower hoses seal with a rubber washer rather than
tightening on the thread?

https://www.bes.co.uk/running-nipple...brass-1-2-6576

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

arf inch bee ess pee.

Such couplers are already made eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111718270192

Owain

Can be got cheaper if you are ordering a lot, or can put together an
order of plumbing parts to reduce postage. But don't you want parallel
threads because ISTR shower hoses seal with a rubber washer rather than
tightening on the thread?

https://www.bes.co.uk/running-nipple...brass-1-2-6576

To be fair, that Ebay seller may well be selling a parallel thread
nipple (he doesn't say) although his picture is of a taper thread one.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

arf inch bee ess pee.

Such couplers are already made eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111718270192

Owain

Can be got cheaper if you are ordering a lot, or can put together an
order of plumbing parts to reduce postage. But don't you want parallel
threads because ISTR shower hoses seal with a rubber washer rather than
tightening on the thread?

https://www.bes.co.uk/running-nipple...brass-1-2-6576

That would do nicely, and the rubber washers in the hose end fittings
will seal on the ends of the nipple.
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

wrote:
Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

arf inch bee ess pee.

Such couplers are already made eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111718270192

Owain

Can be got cheaper if you are ordering a lot, or can put together an
order of plumbing parts to reduce postage. But don't you want parallel
threads because ISTR shower hoses seal with a rubber washer rather than
tightening on the thread?

https://www.bes.co.uk/running-nipple...brass-1-2-6576

That would do nicely, and the rubber washers in the hose end fittings
will seal on the ends of the nipple.

Roger Rogers
--
Jim K