DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   SHower hose screw thread? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/605565-shower-hose-screw-thread.html)

Gareth's Downstairs Computer February 17th 18 06:51 PM

SHower hose screw thread?

Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

Presumably British Standard Pipe (BSP)?

Brian Reay[_6_] February 17th 18 07:28 PM

SHower hose screw thread?

On 17/02/2018 18:51, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

Presumably British Standard Pipe (BSP)?

Get some compression joiners for 15mm pipe.

Remove the nuts and olives.

You should find the shower fitting screws on.

You may need to seal somehow, perhaps pop in a lathe and turn a 'flat'
(there is a recess for the olive). Then fit the normal washer used with
shower hoses.

I used the technique to make a fitting once, worked for years no
problem. Could still be working.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

[email protected] February 17th 18 07:35 PM

SHower hose screw thread?

On Saturday, 17 February 2018 18:51:48 UTC, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

arf inch bee ess pee.

Such couplers are already made eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111718270192

Owain

Roger Hayter[_2_] February 17th 18 07:58 PM

SHower hose screw thread?

wrote:
Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

arf inch bee ess pee.

Such couplers are already made eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111718270192

Owain

Can be got cheaper if you are ordering a lot, or can put together an
order of plumbing parts to reduce postage. But don't you want parallel
threads because ISTR shower hoses seal with a rubber washer rather than
tightening on the thread?

https://www.bes.co.uk/running-nipple...brass-1-2-6576

--

Roger Hayter

Roger Hayter[_2_] February 17th 18 08:06 PM

SHower hose screw thread?

wrote:
Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

arf inch bee ess pee.

Such couplers are already made eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111718270192

Owain

Can be got cheaper if you are ordering a lot, or can put together an
order of plumbing parts to reduce postage. But don't you want parallel
threads because ISTR shower hoses seal with a rubber washer rather than
tightening on the thread?

https://www.bes.co.uk/running-nipple...brass-1-2-6576

To be fair, that Ebay seller may well be selling a parallel thread
nipple (he doesn't say) although his picture is of a taper thread one.

--

Roger Hayter

Roger Mills[_2_] February 17th 18 08:27 PM

SHower hose screw thread?

wrote:
Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

arf inch bee ess pee.

Such couplers are already made eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111718270192

Owain

Can be got cheaper if you are ordering a lot, or can put together an
order of plumbing parts to reduce postage. But don't you want parallel
threads because ISTR shower hoses seal with a rubber washer rather than
tightening on the thread?

https://www.bes.co.uk/running-nipple...brass-1-2-6576

That would do nicely, and the rubber washers in the hose end fittings
will seal on the ends of the nipple.
--
Cheers,
Roger

Gareth's Downstairs Computer February 17th 18 08:32 PM

SHower hose screw thread?

On 17/02/2018 19:35, wrote:
On Saturday, 17 February 2018 18:51:48 UTC, Gareth's Downstairs Computer wrote:
Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

arf inch bee ess pee.

Such couplers are already made eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111718270192

Owain

Diolch yn fawr, Owain. Die ordered from Tracy Tools.

Jim February 17th 18 09:01 PM

SHower hose screw thread?

wrote:
Having made a boo boo and overordered some replacement
bathroom shower hoses, I wonder what is the screw thread such that
I might turn some mating pieces to join them together as
a form of garden hose?

arf inch bee ess pee.

Such couplers are already made eg
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/111718270192

Owain

Can be got cheaper if you are ordering a lot, or can put together an
order of plumbing parts to reduce postage. But don't you want parallel
threads because ISTR shower hoses seal with a rubber washer rather than
tightening on the thread?

https://www.bes.co.uk/running-nipple...brass-1-2-6576

That would do nicely, and the rubber washers in the hose end fittings
will seal on the ends of the nipple.

Roger Rogers
--
Jim K