Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Identify Pressure washer fitting

I have an old KEW Hobby 88 pressure washer

A few years back lent it to a friend, came back with broken female
fitting ... as KEW are no more replaced the hose.
The company Valetech (Manchester) provided the hose with a KEW fitting
on the end, and a new extension lance with a quick fit fitting different
to KEW, looks much more professional ... with ball bearing lock quick fit.
(Valetech seem to be no more.)

I want to use another item with the pressure washer ... so need to
specify what male fitting needs to be on their kit ( or use an adapter)

Anybody recognise this type of fitting, assuming they must be a standard
type .. Valetch were a reseller not a manufacturer.

https://flic.kr/p/24myZnA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 12:32:36 +0000, rick
wrote:

I have an old KEW Hobby 88 pressure washer

A few years back lent it to a friend, came back with broken female
fitting ...

snip

No answer to your question (but interested in any replies) but isn't
it frustrating when you lend things to people and they come back
broken. ;-(

I leant my Kew Hobby PW to a 'good mate' on the *strict* instructions
he looked after, didn't let his kids play with it as I didn't
generally lend it to anyone.

Long short, it came back broken (damaged under tray where the mains
cable had been ripped out) and I eventually forced out of him that it
got broken when he was 'mucking about', spraying water at the kids and
one of them had tripped over the cable. ;-(

He didn't want to pay the £45 quid or whatever it was at the time for
a new tray as 'you could get a new (cheap / sh1t) pressure washer for
similar'.

I didn't force him to replace it (and repaired it myself) but learned
the lesson of 'Never a lender or borrower be'. Unless you can trust
the 'if you break it you buy it' would be understood, even if unsaid.

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

I can't imagine not either paying for the repair or a replacement if I
broke something I'd borrowed.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 21:24:33 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:

snip

Long short, it came back broken (damaged under tray where the mains
cable had been ripped out) and I eventually forced out of him that it
got broken when he was 'mucking about', spraying water at the kids and
one of them had tripped over the cable. ;-(

He didn't want to pay the £45 quid or whatever it was at the time for
a new tray as 'you could get a new (cheap / sh1t) pressure washer for
similar'.

I didn't force him to replace it (and repaired it myself) but learned
the lesson of 'Never a lender or borrower be'. Unless you can trust
the 'if you break it you buy it' would be understood, even if unsaid.

I can't imagine not either paying for the repair or a replacement if I
broke something I'd borrowed.

Quite.

I borrowed a mates spare (and only borrowed it because it was a spare)
windscreen wiper puller (one of the few times I have borrowed
anything) because I needed to do something urgently ... then misplaced
it (it was put in a toolbox by someone else and then got buried by
other tools). So, I bought him a new - better one ... then found his
of course. ;-)

I offered him his old one back but he was happy for me to keep it as
the replacement was 'better'. ;-)

There are limits though. Years ago I leant a mate a pin hammer and he
got some paint on it so bought be a new one. ;-(

I left a mains lead on site where I was helping a mate and he then
used it to run a wallpaper steamer. I got the lead back but covered in
bits of stuck on wallpaper that took quite a while to clean up. ;-(

At least he treated me to a curry. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 17/02/2018 22:44, T i m wrote:
[...]

I've never heard of one of those, what have I been missing ;-)

Seriously, some can be a bit 'snug'.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 23:41:07 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:
snip

I borrowed a mates spare (and only borrowed it because it was a spare)
windscreen wiper puller (one of the few times I have borrowed
anything) because I needed to do something urgently ... then misplaced
it (it was put in a toolbox by someone else and then got buried by
other tools). So, I bought him a new - better one ... then found his
of course. ;-)

I've never heard of one of those, what have I been missing ;-)

Sometimes you do end up needing some weird tools for the simplest of
things.

Seriously, some can be a bit 'snug'.

They can indeed ... but a spray of Plus Gas a couple of days before if
you get the chance plus applying some tension with the puller then
giving it a smart tap normally shifts em. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 18/02/2018 00:28, T i m wrote:
On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 23:41:07 +0000, Brian Reay wrote:
snip

I borrowed a mates spare (and only borrowed it because it was a spare)
windscreen wiper puller (one of the few times I have borrowed
anything) because I needed to do something urgently ... then misplaced
it (it was put in a toolbox by someone else and then got buried by
other tools). So, I bought him a new - better one ... then found his
of course. ;-)

I've never heard of one of those, what have I been missing ;-)

Sometimes you do end up needing some weird tools for the simplest of
things.

Seriously, some can be a bit 'snug'.

They can indeed ... but a spray of Plus Gas a couple of days before if
you get the chance plus applying some tension with the puller then
giving it a smart tap normally shifts em. ;-)

More-or-less the method I use.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

Bloke next door borrowed my very ancient german made pressure washer and
I told him to be careful of the inlet water connection as it is in a
vulnerable position,He broke it and kept quiet till he got in touch with
Germany and found they still had spares then he imported a new one and
fixed it, then told me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 12:32:36 +0000, rick wrote:

I have an old KEW Hobby 88 pressure washer

...................SNIP............

Anybody recognise this type of fitting, assuming they must be a standard
type .. Valetch were a reseller not a manufacturer.

https://flic.kr/p/24myZnA

There seems to be simillar fittings at
https://www.lsengineers.co.uk/water-...washer-spares/
petrol-diesel-pressure-washer-spares.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Richard wrote:

There seems to be simillar fittings at
https://www.lsengineers.co.uk/water-...washer-spares/
petrol-diesel-pressure-washer-spares.html

I've bought custom hoses from Q-washers on eBay, they have a variety of
coupler types, if you can identify from what you need ...

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/qwashers/COUPLINGS-/_i.html?_fsub=1288868013

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 22:06:53 +1100, FMurtz
wrote:

snip

I didn't force him to replace it (and repaired it myself) but learned
the lesson of 'Never a lender or borrower be'. Unless you can trust
the 'if you break it you buy it' would be understood, even if unsaid.

Bloke next door borrowed my very ancient german made pressure washer and
I told him to be careful of the inlet water connection as it is in a
vulnerable position,He broke it

It does make you wonder if these people actually listen to such advice
and warnings?

and kept quiet till he got in touch with
Germany and found they still had spares then he imported a new one and
fixed it, then told me.

That was fair enough I guess.

TBF my mate did look into repairing it without telling me (I wondered
why there was a delay getting it back) but didn't 'do the right thing'
and fixing it at any (reasonable) cost.

Cheers, T i m