Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default Identify Pressure washer fitting

T i m wrote:
On Sat, 17 Feb 2018 12:32:36 +0000, rick
wrote:

I have an old KEW Hobby 88 pressure washer

A few years back lent it to a friend, came back with broken female
fitting ...

snip

No answer to your question (but interested in any replies) but isn't
it frustrating when you lend things to people and they come back
broken. ;-(

I leant my Kew Hobby PW to a 'good mate' on the *strict* instructions
he looked after, didn't let his kids play with it as I didn't
generally lend it to anyone.

Long short, it came back broken (damaged under tray where the mains
cable had been ripped out) and I eventually forced out of him that it
got broken when he was 'mucking about', spraying water at the kids and
one of them had tripped over the cable. ;-(

He didn't want to pay the £45 quid or whatever it was at the time for
a new tray as 'you could get a new (cheap / sh1t) pressure washer for
similar'.

I didn't force him to replace it (and repaired it myself) but learned
the lesson of 'Never a lender or borrower be'. Unless you can trust
the 'if you break it you buy it' would be understood, even if unsaid.

Cheers, T i m

Bloke next door borrowed my very ancient german made pressure washer and
I told him to be careful of the inlet water connection as it is in a
vulnerable position,He broke it and kept quiet till he got in touch with
Germany and found they still had spares then he imported a new one and
fixed it, then told me.