Posted to uk.d-i-y
T i m T i m is offline

Default Identify Pressure washer fitting

On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 22:06:53 +1100, FMurtz
wrote:

snip

I didn't force him to replace it (and repaired it myself) but learned
the lesson of 'Never a lender or borrower be'. Unless you can trust
the 'if you break it you buy it' would be understood, even if unsaid.

Bloke next door borrowed my very ancient german made pressure washer and
I told him to be careful of the inlet water connection as it is in a
vulnerable position,He broke it

It does make you wonder if these people actually listen to such advice
and warnings?

and kept quiet till he got in touch with
Germany and found they still had spares then he imported a new one and
fixed it, then told me.

That was fair enough I guess.

TBF my mate did look into repairing it without telling me (I wondered
why there was a delay getting it back) but didn't 'do the right thing'
and fixing it at any (reasonable) cost.

Cheers, T i m