Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lidl & Aldi unsold tools

What happens to all the stuff they must have left over?
I bought a nail/ staple gun at around £16-00 and the nearest thing I
can find currently comes in at over twice that from Ebay and does not
include nails.

Both companies seem to shift their stock out to make way for more, but
where does it go?

AB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
What happens to all the stuff they must have left over?
I bought a nail/ staple gun at around £16-00 and the nearest thing I
can find currently comes in at over twice that from Ebay and does not
include nails.

Both companies seem to shift their stock out to make way for more, but
where does it go?

My local stores seem to keep it for some time afterwards - just move it
along the isle. Only rarely does it get reduced. Or rather things I'm
interested in rarely seem to get reduced - more likely sold out by the
time I get there.

So my guess is to maximise profits - and keep the prices down - they very
rarely order more than they know they will sell.

--
*Who are these kids and why are they calling me Mom?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

You can often find stuff a long time after the sale day usually moved up the aisle and often further reduced. They do make mistakes sometimes and get left with gear that cannot be sold it probably makes a return later in the year. Last year Lidl had a sale of portable tools where the tool and its battery and charger were sold separately. A lot of the local stores round here ended up with crates of tools but no batteries to go with them, I suspect many purchasers of the tools decided they needed spare batteries which admittedly were being sold off cheap and bought an extra one or two. I think it was a bit of too clever thinking by someone in the purchasing department. As with all their tools they had a 3 year warranty but as we all know it is often the batteries that give up first so the tools and batteries were separated the tool still had the 3 year Warranty but the batteries did not. The odd few portable tools that have been sold since have been sold with charger and battery in the package.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/02/2018 16:38, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
What happens to all the stuff they must have left over?
I bought a nail/ staple gun at around £16-00 and the nearest thing I
can find currently comes in at over twice that from Ebay and does not
include nails.

Both companies seem to shift their stock out to make way for more, but
where does it go?

I think may depend on the size nd location of the store but they just
keep the items on display until sold. I've visited stores in areas not
local to me to find large stocks of items that have sold out in the
stores local to me within a day

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Tricky Dicky wrote:
The odd few portable tools that have been sold since have been sold
with charger and battery in the package.

Worth checking the instruction leaflet. Sometimes you can mail order extra
batteries.

--
*Go the extra mile. It makes your boss look like an incompetent slacker *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

What happens to all the stuff they must have left over?
I bought a nail/ staple gun at around £16-00 and the nearest thing I
can find currently comes in at over twice that from Ebay and does not
include nails.

Both companies seem to shift their stock out to make way for more, but
where does it go?

AB

I once tried to buy something cheap "as seen" because it had been
opened and the packaging was damaged, but the manager would not sell
it.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 2 February 2018 17:14:39 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:

What happens to all the stuff they must have left over?
I bought a nail/ staple gun at around £16-00 and the nearest thing I
can find currently comes in at over twice that from Ebay and does not
include nails.

Both companies seem to shift their stock out to make way for more, but
where does it go?

My local stores seem to keep it for some time afterwards - just move it
along the isle. Only rarely does it get reduced. Or rather things I'm
interested in rarely seem to get reduced - more likely sold out by the
time I get there.

So my guess is to maximise profits - and keep the prices down - they very
rarely order more than they know they will sell.

mine still has anti-climb paint from ages ago. No-one ever wanted it. They've only reduced it the once. It makes the manager look a bit incompetent. They should ebay it or landfill it, retail shelf space is valuable.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 17:56:15 +0000, alan_m
wrote:

On 02/02/2018 16:38, Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
What happens to all the stuff they must have left over?
I bought a nail/ staple gun at around £16-00 and the nearest thing I
can find currently comes in at over twice that from Ebay and does not
include nails.

Both companies seem to shift their stock out to make way for more, but
where does it go?

I think may depend on the size nd location of the store but they just
keep the items on display until sold. I've visited stores in areas not
local to me to find large stocks of items that have sold out in the
stores local to me within a day

Perhaps there's a bit of internal shifting going on then, because my
local stores can have large quantities of certain items [I usually
notice tools & the like], for weeks, then when I next visit, they're
gone.

I was aware that stock can vary from store to store. I was really
dissapointed to miss the pole mounted chainsaw at Aldi. I came across
a shop up north with a pile at a ridiculous price. I now have three!

I could certainly do with an Aldi nail/ Staple gun [pneumatic] if
anyone knows of a store with one.

My first was brilliant but I have run out of staples and it is no
longer in the UK :-(

AB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
What happens to all the stuff they must have left over?
I bought a nail/ staple gun at around £16-00 and the nearest thing I
can find currently comes in at over twice that from Ebay and does not
include nails.

Both companies seem to shift their stock out to make way for more, but
where does it go?

My local stores seem to keep it for some time afterwards - just move it
along the isle. Only rarely does it get reduced. Or rather things I'm
interested in rarely seem to get reduced - more likely sold out by the
time I get there.

So my guess is to maximise profits - and keep the prices down - they very
rarely order more than they know they will sell.

Lidl have stores where they send stuff to be reduced.
There was one near me in Wednsebury where you could go and find lots of
reduced stuff but they must change stores as that one stopped doing it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
In article ,
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
What happens to all the stuff they must have left over?

Lidl have stores where they send stuff to be reduced.
There was one near me in Wednsebury where you could go and find lots of
reduced stuff but they must change stores as that one stopped doing it.

The Lidl at Ferndown in Dorset seemed be another one with a section where
stock from other stores was remaindered, may still be but I havent visited
it fo a while now since they opened a newer store nearer to where we live.
The item I remember being a real cheapy was a cement/plaster mixer being
sold for£5 about three years ago.
BougHt two as the other half likes to blend compost, soil,and other stuff
for her plants.
Previously I had done it by rolling around the material in a plastic
dustbin but using the stirrer was much easier,
I had half expected it to burn out fairly easily but so far the spare
remains in its box.
GH

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp wrote:
What happens to all the stuff they must have left over?
I bought a nail/ staple gun at around £16-00 and the nearest thing I
can find currently comes in at over twice that from Ebay and does not
include nails.

Both companies seem to shift their stock out to make way for more, but
where does it go?

AB

In Australia Aldi move them between Aldi stores that may sell better
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
What happens to all the stuff they must have left over?
I bought a nail/ staple gun at around £16-00 and the nearest thing I
can find currently comes in at over twice that from Ebay and does not
include nails.

Both companies seem to shift their stock out to make way for more, but
where does it go?

AB

Last summer their shop in Ayr opened the vacant shop next door and sold
loads of stuff at give away prices....bought a lot myself.....and all car
boot sales were swamped with the stuff .......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Aeolus 14 Umbra" wrote in message

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
What happens to all the stuff they must have left over?
I bought a nail/ staple gun at around £16-00 and the nearest thing I
can find currently comes in at over twice that from Ebay and does not
include nails.

Both companies seem to shift their stock out to make way for more, but
where does it go?

AB

Last summer their shop in Ayr opened the vacant shop next door and sold
loads of stuff at give away prices....bought a lot myself.....and all car
boot sales were swamped with the stuff .......

It must have came from all over the UK ...........at the end they were
charging £6 for a full trolley .........

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Aeolus 14 Umbra" wrote in message

"Aeolus 14 Umbra" wrote in message

"Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp" wrote in
message ...
What happens to all the stuff they must have left over?
I bought a nail/ staple gun at around £16-00 and the nearest thing I
can find currently comes in at over twice that from Ebay and does not
include nails.

Both companies seem to shift their stock out to make way for more, but
where does it go?

AB

Last summer their shop in Ayr opened the vacant shop next door and sold
loads of stuff at give away prices....bought a lot myself.....and all car
boot sales were swamped with the stuff .......

It must have came from all over the UK ...........at the end they were
charging £6 for a full trolley .........

....and they only accepted cards no cash...strange

Posted to uk.d-i-y

[...]

so there you go no need for the thread to continue with wild
suppositions...tee hee

Posted to uk.d-i-y

It happens that Graham. formulated :
I once tried to buy something cheap "as seen" because it had been
opened and the packaging was damaged, but the manager would not sell
it.

Usually when I have made an offer, my offer has been declined. I have
only once succeeded in getting a damaged/opened/missing parts item
reduced.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It happens that Graham. formulated :
I once tried to buy something cheap "as seen" because it had been
opened and the packaging was damaged, but the manager would not sell
it.

Usually when I have made an offer, my offer has been declined. I have
only once succeeded in getting a damaged/opened/missing parts item
reduced.

At least in Lidl is is obvious if something has been opened. Bought an
item in Argos which was very obviously a return, by the way it was packed.
Cables just rammed into boxes, rather than the usual neatly coiled and tie
wrapped. And the batteries for the remote control missing. Instructions
appeared to have got damp too.

--
*Suicidal twin kills sister by mistake.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Millions of brand new..unsold cars...interesting!! Jon Anderson[_3_] Metalworking 4 October 9th 15 01:11 AM
The Ballad of Lidl & Aldi Baz UK diy 4 September 29th 13 02:01 PM
Lidl by Lidl The Medway Handyman UK diy 5 January 8th 09 04:25 PM
One up for Lidl/Aldi robgraham UK diy 2 December 7th 07 10:55 AM
another 'have you seen aldi/lidl **' post [email protected] UK diy 34 August 27th 05 09:02 PM