Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tricky Dicky[_4_] Tricky Dicky[_4_] is offline

Default Lidl & Aldi unsold tools

You can often find stuff a long time after the sale day usually moved up the aisle and often further reduced. They do make mistakes sometimes and get left with gear that cannot be sold it probably makes a return later in the year. Last year Lidl had a sale of portable tools where the tool and its battery and charger were sold separately. A lot of the local stores round here ended up with crates of tools but no batteries to go with them, I suspect many purchasers of the tools decided they needed spare batteries which admittedly were being sold off cheap and bought an extra one or two. I think it was a bit of too clever thinking by someone in the purchasing department. As with all their tools they had a 3 year warranty but as we all know it is often the batteries that give up first so the tools and batteries were separated the tool still had the 3 year Warranty but the batteries did not. The odd few portable tools that have been sold since have been sold with charger and battery in the package.

Richard