Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default One up for Lidl/Aldi

Can't remember quite which, but I bought a kit of 'O' ring spares a
wee while back on the basis that these might be useful sometime.

'Sometime' arrived yesterday when I finally surcumbed to pressure from
HID to do something about the dreadful SCART cable that keeps on
drifting out of connection on the back of the TV. Two screws as
clipping points and a large 'O' ring over the SCART plug - now why
couldn't Panasonic have thought of that ?

Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"robgraham" wrote in message
Can't remember quite which, but I bought a kit of 'O' ring spares a
wee while back on the basis that these might be useful sometime.

'Sometime' arrived yesterday when I finally surcumbed to pressure from
HID to do something about the dreadful SCART cable that keeps on
drifting out of connection on the back of the TV. Two screws as
clipping points and a large 'O' ring over the SCART plug - now why
couldn't Panasonic have thought of that ?

Rob

Yes, some kind of locking arrangement should have been included
in the original SCART concept, and I like your "elastic" solution
rather than a latch or screw-up arrangement, less chance of damage
when moving equipment etc.

I tend to use the flat ribbon style of SCART cable, they have good
inter-signal screening and their weight distribution is such that the
shearing force is across the width of the plug rather than its length.

--
Graham

%Profound_observation%

Posted to uk.d-i-y

robgraham wrote:
Can't remember quite which, but I bought a kit of 'O' ring spares a
wee while back on the basis that these might be useful sometime.

'Sometime' arrived yesterday when I finally surcumbed to pressure from
HID to do something about the dreadful SCART cable that keeps on
drifting out of connection on the back of the TV. Two screws as
clipping points and a large 'O' ring over the SCART plug - now why
couldn't Panasonic have thought of that ?

Rob

I thought they must be designed that way so that when her indoors drags
the whole lot out to hoover, they just fall out and don't get damaged.
Those from the Pound Shop have little dimples on the side for more of a
snap fit. I can't afford to shop at Lidl :-)

SDS @ Lidl cupra UK diy 0 July 13th 06 12:15 PM
Lidl Saws Michael Mcneil UK diy 18 August 30th 05 01:54 PM
another 'have you seen aldi/lidl **' post [email protected] UK diy 34 August 27th 05 09:02 PM
Lidl again! David Lang UK diy 35 July 28th 05 10:48 PM
DIY at Lidl Mary Fisher UK diy 1 January 20th 05 02:34 PM