Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care toilet Constant running/dripping

Hi guys n gals.
I own a Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care toilet (with cistern - non wall hung)
its been fantastic!! - Until recently.. It has developed a constant drip/run
in to the toilet pan.
I have looked on YouTube etc and seen people clean the silicone rubber O ring
by removing the flush mechanism etc and cleaning it... also they checked that
the overflow wasnt leaking etc... mine seems pretty dry and i even wrapped it
in PTFE tape just to make sure and pressed it back in the hole.(I am almost
100% it isn't seeping through there)
NOW I took the cistern cover off to find a space age looking inners and room
nowhere near enough to get my hands etc in there to do anything!! What little
room i could see I couldn't figure out how the flush would remove so :

1 - Does anyone know how to remove the flush mech in these toilets?
2 - How do you go about it?

ANY help would be appreciated as its driving me insane knowing its doing it.

Thank you!!!

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...p-1266446-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 31/01/2018 20:44, Mooncheese wrote:
[...]

You can download the installation manual he

https://www.geberit-aquaclean.co.uk/...plus_care.html

Ultimately once you get past the cosmetic panels and covers etc, it
looks not dissimilar from a traditional flush pipe connected (i.e. not a
close coupled) design. A couple of retaining bolts to hold the cistern
to the pan, and what looks like a universal/compression fitting to
connect the flush pipe. (plus lots of other fixings to hold it to the frame)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The bottom line is that it is either overflowing or its got a leakycyphon
somewhere.
Brian

--
----- -