Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care Wash & Dry toilet.

Hi all,
I have just had an Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care installed in
my flat.

It is floor mounted, the problem is that the old toilet pan was very
large and removing it has left a area of bare concrete showing,
around the new base to floor join.

I have been advised by friends to just put a Bathroom mat set down,
the thing it the base of the Wash & Dry toilet, is more square and
slightly larger than a normal WC and mat sets do not fit snugly,
and to be honest I would prefer not to have a cloth mat around the WC.

I want to get new floor covering fitted, can I remove the bottom skirt
of the Geberit AquaClean to enable the floor covering installer to fit
the new floor covering well within the skirt, and if necessary trim
the bottom skirt to re fit it.

I feel that would look much better and more able to keep clean.
Mick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mick IOW wrote:

I have just had an Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care installed in my
flat. Can I remove the bottom skirt of the Geberit AquaClean to
enable the floor covering installer to fit the new floor covering
well within the skirt, and if necessary trim the bottom skirt to re
fit it.

Sections 25-28 of the installation manual

http://www.geberit-aquaclean.co.uk/media/local/gac_8000plus_care/GAC_8000plus_care_installation_Manual.pdf

show that it comes with three different skirts, and the one that is
fitted depends on the seat height you have it installed for, but that
there is some up/down adjustment of the skirt.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 10 Jul 2016 06:50:55 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Mick IOW wrote:

I have just had an Geberit AquaClean 8000plus Care installed in my
flat. Can I remove the bottom skirt of the Geberit AquaClean to
enable the floor covering installer to fit the new floor covering
well within the skirt, and if necessary trim the bottom skirt to re
fit it.

Sections 25-28 of the installation manual

http://www.geberit-aquaclean.co.uk/media/local/gac_8000plus_care/GAC_8000plus_care_installation_Manual.pdf

show that it comes with three different skirts, and the one that is
fitted depends on the seat height you have it installed for, but that
there is some up/down adjustment of the skirt.

Thanks for that, I wonder why the installer did not leave the unused
ones, could have been helpful if I mess up trying to trim the one on
there, I expect they have been dumped but I will contact them.
Mick.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 08:39:38 -0700 (PDT), Steve Jones
wrote:

I have gerberit which I installed, There is one screw at front holding on surround and skirt sort of fits in slots and floats resting on floor, it is supplied with 3 skirt sizes depending on height above floor but is usually fitted with the smallest skirt which is abot 50mm high,so you should be able to push skirt up by hand in its slots with out moving surround to make sure you have clearance for floor covering. If you have enough clearance then remove front screw and pull surround forward and fit covering. Toilet sits on a rectangular metal frame with 4 feet.

Hi Steve,
Thank you for your help, I now have the skirt off and am
waiting for the installers to send someone to see if they can patch or
renew the floor covering.
Mick.