Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Electrical work

I've seen some bad ones, but this is a biscuit taker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWIKZtCPwA

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

I've seen some bad ones, but this is a biscuit taker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWIKZtCPwA

Yes, that's ropey.

I've watched a couple of his videos in the past and he does seem to come
across as a bit of a whinger ...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I've seen some bad ones, but this is a biscuit taker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWIKZtCPwA

NT

Couldn'r understand what was going on with the two main fuses, both
being fully exposed. Were they the wrong fittings, or were bits
missing?

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I miss the visuals in threads like this, but maybe the only bits missing
were from the brains of whoever did the work.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Roger Hayter" wrote in message

I've seen some bad ones, but this is a biscuit taker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWIKZtCPwA

NT

Couldn'r understand what was going on with the two main fuses, both
being fully exposed. Were they the wrong fittings, or were bits
missing?

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 9 January 2018 08:55:25 UTC, Brian Gaff wrote:
I miss the visuals in threads like this, but maybe the only bits missing
were from the brains of whoever did the work.
Brian

He posted a portrait video which was annoying , which most are unless there's a good reason.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 08 Jan 2018 21:48:16 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

tabbypurr wrote:

I've seen some bad ones, but this is a biscuit taker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWIKZtCPwA

Yes, that's ropey.

I've watched a couple of his videos in the past and he does seem to come
across as a bit of a whinger ...

I tell you what *is* ropey, it's the heavy dose of VVS. I couldn't bear
to watch much more than the first minute of "video in portrait mode"
before I lost patience.

TBH, I'm staggered that no one else thought to mention this aspect of
the video. I took a look at the comments and had to scroll back a week's
worth before finding this:

Chris Davies 1 week ago

Please do not ever film anything in vertical video ever again.я╗┐

Other than that single *useful* comment, the rest were basically self
congratulatory "I totally agree with your conclusion" pointlessly ****
comments.

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

I've seen some bad ones, but this is a biscuit taker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWIKZtCPwA

Yes, that's ropey.

I've watched a couple of his videos in the past and he does seem to come
across as a bit of a whinger ...

I tell you what *is* ropey, it's the heavy dose of VVS. I couldn't bear
to watch much more than the first minute of "video in portrait mode"
before I lost patience.

Seems you are not a Cnut

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

tabbypurr wrote:

I've seen some bad ones, but this is a biscuit taker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWIKZtCPwA

Yes, that's ropey.

I've watched a couple of his videos in the past and he does seem to come
across as a bit of a whinger ...

I tell you what *is* ropey, it's the heavy dose of VVS. I couldn't bear
to watch much more than the first minute of "video in portrait mode"
before I lost patience.

Looking at his other stuff he doesn't do that a lot.

Maybe that was early (before he knew better).
Maybe he did not have his camera that day and had to use his phone
(a rare event so he didn't realise it was filming wrong)
Or maybe ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

On 09/01/2018 00:13, Roger Hayter wrote:
wrote:

I've seen some bad ones, but this is a biscuit taker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWIKZtCPwA

NT

Couldn'r understand what was going on with the two main fuses, both
being fully exposed. Were they the wrong fittings, or were bits
missing?

I only see one main fuse with two outputs and I only see one meter....

However considering the state of the house it looks like some sort of
squatters/ drug user/ drug grower house (I have worked in plenty of them).

Usual ******** about if the lights fail you are going to fall down the
stairs and will die..

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I've seen some bad ones, but this is a biscuit taker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcWIKZtCPwA

NT

Couldn'r understand what was going on with the two main fuses, both
being fully exposed. Were they the wrong fittings, or were bits
missing?

I only see one main fuse with two outputs and I only see one meter....

However considering the state of the house it looks like some sort of
squatters/ drug user/ drug grower house (I have worked in plenty of them).

Usual ******** about if the lights fail you are going to fall down the
stairs and will die..

There seems to be another large fuse holder with 2.5mm solid wire
soldered across it, but somewhere internal, not near the incoming
supply. Also fully exposed. It may be a standard thing (obviously to
be used with a fuse in it) for feeding a cooker supply or something in
olden times, but I haven't seen one before.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

wrote:

[...]

If the house used to be 2 flats each with own meter, would each
also have had its own "main fuse"?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----