Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Mattress, which one?

Friends wants a new very firm mattress.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...tr9rSCrFjvCITA
or
https://tinyurl.com/ybe3v3zn
is £84.99, oddly cheap. Can anyone shed any light on this or other mattress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/01/2018 22:11, wrote:
Friends wants a new very firm mattress.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...tr9rSCrFjvCITA
or
https://tinyurl.com/ybe3v3zn
is £84.99, oddly cheap. Can anyone shed any light on this or other mattress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm.

NT

We wanted a proper mattress for the over cab bed in our motorhome- the
supplied ones are ok but not for longer trips.

We opted for one from Ikea - about £100 from memory and (I think) King
Size (they are available in King Size). Various grades are available-
ours is a firm.

It is very comfortable- even on a hard under surface.

Don't be shocked by the way it is packed. I comes in a compressed roll
but expands when you removed the plastic.

are depriving those in real need!

https://www.gov.uk/report-benefit-fraud
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Reay" wrote in message
news
On 05/01/2018 22:11, wrote:
Friends wants a new very firm mattress.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...tr9rSCrFjvCITA
or
https://tinyurl.com/ybe3v3zn
is £84.99, oddly cheap. Can anyone shed any light on this or other
mattress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm.

We wanted a proper mattress for the over cab bed in our motorhome- the
supplied ones are ok but not for longer trips.

We opted for one from Ikea - about £100 from memory and (I think) King
Size (they are available in King Size). Various grades are available- ours
is a firm.

It is very comfortable- even on a hard under surface.

Don't be shocked by the way it is packed. I comes in a compressed roll but
expands when you removed the plastic.

Yeah, noticed that with the Aldi ones. Havent been game to buy one tho.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Wrote in message:
Friends wants a new very firm mattress.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...tr9rSCrFjvCITA
or
https://tinyurl.com/ybe3v3zn
is £84.99, oddly cheap. Can anyone shed any light on this or other mattress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm.

NT

A Facebook link?
You trying to id individuals again nige?
Tut tut...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/01/2018 22:11, wrote:
Friends wants a new very firm mattress.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...tr9rSCrFjvCITA
or
https://tinyurl.com/ybe3v3zn
is £84.99, oddly cheap. Can anyone shed any light on this or other mattress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm.

NT

Suspiciously cheap, and WTF is orthopaedic spring system.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 6 January 2018 16:05:29 UTC, newshound wrote:
On 05/01/2018 22:11, tabbypurr wrote:

Friends wants a new very firm mattress.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...tr9rSCrFjvCITA
or
https://tinyurl.com/ybe3v3zn
is £84.99, oddly cheap. Can anyone shed any light on this or other mattress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm.

NT

Suspiciously cheap,

well yes, hence I asked. Then again I wonder why most mattresses are so expensive.

and WTF is orthopaedic spring system.

open coil springs are cheapest so presumably that.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/01/2018 19:45, wrote:
On Saturday, 6 January 2018 16:05:29 UTC, newshound wrote:
On 05/01/2018 22:11, tabbypurr wrote:

Friends wants a new very firm mattress.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...tr9rSCrFjvCITA
or
https://tinyurl.com/ybe3v3zn
is £84.99, oddly cheap. Can anyone shed any light on this or other mattress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm.

NT

Suspiciously cheap,

well yes, hence I asked. Then again I wonder why most mattresses are so expensive.

and WTF is orthopaedic spring system.

open coil springs are cheapest so presumably that.

NT

But they use the term memory too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Our experience with Ikea mattresses is all positive. Our mattress lasted 18 months before the springs started sagging in the middle. Now we are looking for a new one researching https://slee****imple.co.uk/. We haven't decided ob a particular option, but we know for sure we
will NEVER buy an ikea matteress again."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 21:12:46 UTC, wrote:
"Our experience with Ikea mattresses is all positive. Our mattress lasted 18 months before the springs started sagging in the middle. Now we are looking for a new one researching . We haven't decided ob a particular option, but we know for sure we
will NEVER buy an ikea matteress again."

like their furniture then
spam snipped

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'd have thought that was probably faulty. Mattresses unless used as
trampolines last at least 4 or five years even under strong use. I'll not
suggest what strong use is here.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
wrote in message
"Our experience with Ikea mattresses is all positive. Our mattress lasted 18
months before the springs started sagging in the middle. Now we are looking
for a new one researching
https://slee****imple.co.uk/. We haven't decided
ob a particular option, but we know for sure we
will NEVER buy an ikea matteress again."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 13:02:14 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 14 Feb 2018 07:41:58 -0000, "Brian Gaff"

wrote:

I'd have thought that was probably faulty. Mattresses unless used as
trampolines last at least 4 or five years even under strong use. I'll
not suggest what strong use is here.

The life of a mattress depends on the weight of the user too

I must admit, that was the *very first* thought that occurred to me when
I read the OP.

--
Johnny B Good
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

I'd have thought that was probably faulty. Mattresses unless used as
trampolines last at least 4 or five years even under strong use. I'll
not suggest what strong use is here.

The life of a mattress depends on the weight of the user too

I must admit, that was the *very first* thought that occurred to me
when I read the OP.

Are there any other such basic products with such a wide price range? And
every single one being sold at a 'discount'. The full price markup over
manufacturing costs must be phenomenal.

--
*How do you tell when you run out of invisible ink? *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Martin wrote:
Are there any other such basic products with such a wide price range? And
every single one being sold at a 'discount'. The full price markup over
manufacturing costs must be phenomenal.

Lots of food and drink products in supermarkets

Really? I've seen mattresses from about 60-3000 quid. But never apples
with that sort of price spread.

--
*Just give me chocolate and nobody gets hurt

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 14 February 2018 14:56:08 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Martin wrote:

Are there any other such basic products with such a wide price range? And
every single one being sold at a 'discount'. The full price markup over
manufacturing costs must be phenomenal.

Lots of food and drink products in supermarkets

Really? I've seen mattresses from about 60-3000 quid. But never apples
with that sort of price spread.

Fizzy drinks run from 17p to over £2 a bottle. If you've been to Waitrose you know food does range from 60p to £300 per meal, almost.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Martin wrote:
Are there any other such basic products with such a wide price range? And
every single one being sold at a 'discount'. The full price markup over
manufacturing costs must be phenomenal.

Lots of food and drink products in supermarkets

Really? I've seen mattresses from about 60-3000 quid. But never apples
with that sort of price spread.

the new Apples start at over £4k but they do have 8 cores ;-)

I've seen wine and whisky with a wider range of prices.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Martin wrote:
Are there any other such basic products with such a wide price range? And
every single one being sold at a 'discount'. The full price markup over
manufacturing costs must be phenomenal.

Lots of food and drink products in supermarkets

Really? I've seen mattresses from about 60-3000 quid. But never apples
with that sort of price spread.

More to the point, how come headboards now cost more than
most people paid for their entire bed (assuming more than a
few years old.

Surely a bit of MDF, with some padding and a bit of dralon
pinned over the surface cannot be that expensive ?.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 14 February 2018 16:24:22 UTC, Andrew wrote:
On 14/02/2018 15:30, tabbypurr wrote:

If you've been to Waitrose you know food does range from 60p to £300 per meal, almost.

Go in at 6PM Mon to Friday and computer automatically reduces the
prices of things like lemon yum-yums and assorted bread products
even if the shelf tickets have not been updated.

reduces them to what? and what things? and why?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
writes:
"Our experience with Ikea mattresses is all positive. Our mattress lasted 1=
8 months before the springs started sagging in the middle. Now we are looki=
ng for a new one researching
https://slee****imple.co.uk/. We haven't decid=
ed ob a particular option, but we know for sure we
will NEVER buy an ikea matteress again."

10% of Europeans are conceived on an IKEA bed.

Maybe you somehow got that one?

I heard there was a long waiting list...

--
Andrew Gabriel

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Andrew Gabriel
wrote:
In article ,
writes:
"Our experience with Ikea mattresses is all positive. Our mattress
lasted 1= 8 months before the springs started sagging in the middle.
Now we are looki= ng for a new one researching
https://slee****imple.co.uk/. We haven't decid= ed ob a particular
option, but we know for sure we will NEVER buy an ikea matteress again."

10% of Europeans are conceived on an IKEA bed.

this was stated by the Bishop at my daughter's ordination service. He went
on to say "Must be a pretty big bed!"

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 5 January 2018 22:11:53 UTC, wrote:
Friends wants a new very firm mattress.
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https...tr9rSCrFjvCITA
or
https://tinyurl.com/ybe3v3zn
is £84.99, oddly cheap. Can anyone shed any light on this or other mattress choices? She wants 5ft kingsize extra firm.

NT

Memory foam ones are much better insulation than springs.
Which initially feels weird.
Hot & sweaty in Summer, only a sheet needed.