Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Happy Christmas

Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/2017 12:06, Muddymike wrote:
Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

https://tinyurl.com/ydg9632m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Muddymike writes
Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

Probably because the traditional wish is MERRY Christmas and HAPPY New
Year.

Time for some DIY clip art? :-)
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/2017 13:24, Graeme wrote:
In message ,
Muddymike writes
Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

Probably because the traditional wish is MERRY Christmas and HAPPY New
Year.

Time for some DIY clip art?Â* :-)

Sadly that is so true. Unfortunately "Merry" has connotations of alcohol
consumption which is not appreciated in certain circles such as my
Christian retail customers!

Mike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hmm, I think they are over thinking the word. People can be merry without
being drunk.
Its their problem surely?
I think at this rat we will have to rename spades if we want to sell them
to people of a darker skin colour.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Muddymike" wrote in message
On 22/12/2017 13:24, Graeme wrote:
In message , Muddymike
writes
Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

Probably because the traditional wish is MERRY Christmas and HAPPY New
Year.

Time for some DIY clip art? :-)

Sadly that is so true. Unfortunately "Merry" has connotations of alcohol
consumption which is not appreciated in certain circles such as my
Christian retail customers!

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote:
Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

Mike

Maybe not looking with google image search?

http://www.merrychristmasimagescards...-download.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 22 December 2017 14:04:59 UTC, Muddymike wrote:
Unfortunately "Merry" has connotations of alcohol
consumption which is not appreciated in certain circles such as my
Christian retail customers!

Download something suitable from Landover Baptist?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/12/17 12:06, Muddymike wrote:
Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

Mike

Cos any fule can knock opne up with any of a dozen programns

--
€śBut what a weak barrier is truth when it stands in the way of an
hypothesis!€ť

Mary Wollstonecraft
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
Muddymike writes
On 22/12/2017 13:24, Graeme wrote:

Time for some DIY clip art?* :-)

Sadly that is so true. Unfortunately "Merry" has connotations of
alcohol consumption which is not appreciated in certain circles such as
my Christian retail customers!

A slightly more helpful reply. Just downloaded and installed a free
Christmas font (Kingthings Christmas) from here :

https://www.dafont.com/kingthings-christmas.font

Wrote Happy Christmas using Libre Office, coloured the 72 point text red
and the background green, 'captured' the image with Paint Shop Pro and
saved as clip art image. Job done.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Muddymike wrote

Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on
the internet simply saying "Happy Christmas"?

Because your google skills are ****ed.
http://www.lovethispic.com/uploaded_...-Christmas.gif

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 22 Dec 2017 12:06:32 +0000, Muddymike
wrote:

Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

This reminds me of a courtroom tale I heard when defence solicitor
uttered the words 'Good morning'. The Sheriff (judge) responded,
'What do you mean good morning. What's good about it?'. The
solicitor indicated it was merely intended as a greeting to the bench.
'Well, that remark is both otiose and unwelcome' replied the Sheriff.
The solicitor ended up unreservedly withdrawing his greeting to the
bench.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 22/12/17 12:06, Muddymike wrote:
Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet
simply saying
"Happy Christmas"?

Mike

Cos any fule can knock opne up with any of a dozen programns

Even I can manage this.
He is a cyclist. Please don't be cruel to the little snowflake.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Me Me is offline

wrote:

Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

This reminds me of a courtroom tale I heard when defence solicitor
uttered the words 'Good morning'. The Sheriff (judge) responded,
'What do you mean good morning. What's good about it?'. The
solicitor indicated it was merely intended as a greeting to the bench.
'Well, that remark is both otiose and unwelcome' replied the Sheriff.
The solicitor ended up unreservedly withdrawing his greeting to the
bench.

If Bob Marley had been there he would have shot the sheriff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Muddymike Wrote in message:
Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

Mike

Cos it's not Mary enough......

I'll get me santa outfit....
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

The Natural Philosopher Wrote in message:
On 22/12/17 12:06, Muddymike wrote:
Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

Mike

Cos any fule can knock opne up with any of a dozen programns

Only if they can spiel...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

This reminds me of a courtroom tale I heard when defence solicitor
uttered the words 'Good morning'. The Sheriff (judge) responded,
'What do you mean good morning. What's good about it?'. The
solicitor indicated it was merely intended as a greeting to the bench.
'Well, that remark is both otiose and unwelcome' replied the Sheriff.
The solicitor ended up unreservedly withdrawing his greeting to the
bench.

If Bob Marley had been there he would have shot the sheriff

But not the deputy :-)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

This reminds me of a courtroom tale I heard when defence solicitor
uttered the words 'Good morning'. The Sheriff (judge) responded,
'What do you mean good morning. What's good about it?'. The
solicitor indicated it was merely intended as a greeting to the bench.
'Well, that remark is both otiose and unwelcome' replied the Sheriff.
The solicitor ended up unreservedly withdrawing his greeting to the
bench.

Misquote from Tolkein.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

This reminds me of a courtroom tale I heard when defence solicitor
uttered the words 'Good morning'. The Sheriff (judge) responded,
'What do you mean good morning. What's good about it?'. The
solicitor indicated it was merely intended as a greeting to the bench.
'Well, that remark is both otiose and unwelcome' replied the Sheriff.
The solicitor ended up unreservedly withdrawing his greeting to the
bench.

Misquote from Tolkein.

Inspired by AIUI from persons who were there. .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

This reminds me of a courtroom tale I heard when defence solicitor
uttered the words 'Good morning'. The Sheriff (judge) responded,
'What do you mean good morning. What's good about it?'. The
solicitor indicated it was merely intended as a greeting to the bench.
'Well, that remark is both otiose and unwelcome' replied the Sheriff.
The solicitor ended up unreservedly withdrawing his greeting to the
bench.

Misquote from Tolkein.

One that was not Tolkien (possibly more Billy Connolly):

Punter walks up to court officer at Glasgow Sheriff Court and says,
'Hey Jimmy, can you tell me where court 7 is?'. Court officer
replies, 'How did you know my name was Jimmy?'. Punter: 'I didnae, I
just guessed'. Court officer: 'Well you can just ****ing guess where
court 7 is then'.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Scott
writes

wrote:

[...]

I lead a sheltered life and don't know any jokes so, Happy Christmas to
all!
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 22 December 2017 12:06:35 UTC, Muddymike wrote:
Why am I unable to find a banner clip art image on the internet simply
saying
"Happy Christmas"?

Mike

Merry Christmas everyone. I'm awf.