Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default use temperature for caberfix D4 polyurethane glue

Heading back into Winter, I am starting to worry about the glue supplied
to bond the flooring chipboard joints. Half done , lots to do!
D4 comes with a storage limitation of +5 to +25 deg. C but I have been
unable to find a *use* temperature range.

In an unoccupied house with all the internal doors removed the
occasional fan heater makes very little difference:-(

Any thoughts?
--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2017 09:37, Tim Lamb wrote:
Heading back into Winter, I am starting to worry about the glue supplied
to bond the flooring chipboard joints. Half done , lots to do!
D4 comes with a storage limitation of +5 to +25 deg. C but I have been
unable to find a *use* temperature range.

In an unoccupied house with all the internal doors removed the
occasional fan heater makes very little difference:-(

Any thoughts?

Do the manufacturers have a helpline?
--
Cheers,
Roger
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Tim Lamb Wrote in message:
Heading back into Winter, I am starting to worry about the glue supplied
to bond the flooring chipboard joints. Half done , lots to do!
D4 comes with a storage limitation of +5 to +25 deg. C but I have been
unable to find a *use* temperature range.

In an unoccupied house with all the internal doors removed the
occasional fan heater makes very little difference:-(

Any thoughts?

Hurry up & get the heating on! :-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/12/2017 09:37, Tim Lamb wrote:
Heading back into Winter, I am starting to worry about the glue supplied
to bond the flooring chipboard joints. Half done , lots to do!
D4 comes with a storage limitation of +5 to +25 deg. C but I have been
unable to find a *use* temperature range.

In an unoccupied house with all the internal doors removed the
occasional fan heater makes very little difference:-(

Any thoughts?

Don't know for sure, but I guess the aim of that "rule" is not to let
the uncured product freeze. I think it will get quite viscous below 5 C
and will cure more slowly, but I'd expect it still to work down to freezing.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 5 Dec 2017 09:37:10 +0000, Tim Lamb
wrote:

Heading back into Winter, I am starting to worry about the glue supplied
to bond the flooring chipboard joints. Half done , lots to do!
D4 comes with a storage limitation of +5 to +25 deg. C but I have been
unable to find a *use* temperature range.

Polyurethane glue has one of the widest range of use temperatures of
any common adhesive, anything from5 deg C to 30 deg C should be fine
although setting will take a lot longer at low temperature. 20 deg C
is the optimum.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , jim
writes
Tim Lamb Wrote in message:
Heading back into Winter, I am starting to worry about the glue supplied
to bond the flooring chipboard joints. Half done , lots to do!
D4 comes with a storage limitation of +5 to +25 deg. C but I have been
unable to find a *use* temperature range.

In an unoccupied house with all the internal doors removed the
occasional fan heater makes very little difference:-(

Any thoughts?

Hurry up & get the heating on! :-)

Tell that to the plumbers!

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Roger Mills
writes
On 05/12/2017 09:37, Tim Lamb wrote:
Heading back into Winter, I am starting to worry about the glue supplied
to bond the flooring chipboard joints. Half done , lots to do!
D4 comes with a storage limitation of +5 to +25 deg. C but I have been
unable to find a *use* temperature range.

In an unoccupied house with all the internal doors removed the
occasional fan heater makes very little difference:-(

Any thoughts?

Do the manufacturers have a helpline?

I have sent off an advice request. Nothing back yet apart from an
acknowledgement.

I thought I'd try the experts if any of them could drop fruitless Brexit
wrangles for a moment:-)

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Peter Parry
writes
wrote:

Heading back into Winter, I am starting to worry about the glue supplied
to bond the flooring chipboard joints. Half done , lots to do!
D4 comes with a storage limitation of +5 to +25 deg. C but I have been
unable to find a *use* temperature range.

Polyurethane glue has one of the widest range of use temperatures of
any common adhesive, anything from5 deg C to 30 deg C should be fine
although setting will take a lot longer at low temperature. 20 deg C
is the optimum.

Hmm.. what I thought. I suppose the doors could go back temporarily. I
have a propane fired blower but don't fancy lugging the cylinder
upstairs.

--
Tim Lamb
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Tim Lamb Wrote in message:
In message , Roger Mills
writes
On 05/12/2017 09:37, Tim Lamb wrote:
Heading back into Winter, I am starting to worry about the glue supplied
to bond the flooring chipboard joints. Half done , lots to do!
D4 comes with a storage limitation of +5 to +25 deg. C but I have been
unable to find a *use* temperature range.

In an unoccupied house with all the internal doors removed the
occasional fan heater makes very little difference:-(

Any thoughts?

Do the manufacturers have a helpline?

I have sent off an advice request. Nothing back yet apart from an
acknowledgement.

I thought I'd try the experts if any of them could drop fruitless Brexit
wrangles for a moment:-)

Please hold, Iggy will be with you shortly...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Tim Lamb
writes
In message , Peter Parry
writes
wrote:

Heading back into Winter, I am starting to worry about the glue supplied
to bond the flooring chipboard joints. Half done , lots to do!
D4 comes with a storage limitation of +5 to +25 deg. C but I have been
unable to find a *use* temperature range.

Polyurethane glue has one of the widest range of use temperatures of
any common adhesive, anything from5 deg C to 30 deg C should be fine
although setting will take a lot longer at low temperature. 20 deg C
is the optimum.

Hmm.. what I thought. I suppose the doors could go back temporarily. I
have a propane fired blower but don't fancy lugging the cylinder
upstairs.

Answer back says lower than 5C will slow cure but implies still OK.

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 December 2017 11:31:05 UTC, Peter Parry wrote:

Polyurethane glue has one of the widest range of use temperatures of
any common adhesive, anything from5 deg C to 30 deg C should be fine
although setting will take a lot longer at low temperature. 20 deg C
is the optimum.

wallpaper paste does near 0C to over 100C, epoxy don't know exactly but wider than 5-30.

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Tim Lamb Wrote in message:
In message , Peter Parry
writes
wrote:

Heading back into Winter, I am starting to worry about the glue supplied
to bond the flooring chipboard joints. Half done , lots to do!
D4 comes with a storage limitation of +5 to +25 deg. C but I have been
unable to find a *use* temperature range.

Polyurethane glue has one of the widest range of use temperatures of
any common adhesive, anything from5 deg C to 30 deg C should be fine
although setting will take a lot longer at low temperature. 20 deg C
is the optimum.

Hmm.. what I thought. I suppose the doors could go back temporarily. I
have a propane fired blower but don't fancy lugging the cylinder
upstairs.

Heat rises.....

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 5 December 2017 21:14:16 UTC, jim wrote:
tabbypurr Wrote in message:
On Tuesday, 5 December 2017 11:31:05 UTC, Peter Parry wrote:

Polyurethane glue has one of the widest range of use temperatures of
any common adhesive, anything from5 deg C to 30 deg C should be fine
although setting will take a lot longer at low temperature. 20 deg C
is the optimum.

wallpaper paste does near 0C to over 100C, epoxy don't know exactly but wider than 5-30.

NT

And the relevance to the OP is.......?

whoosh. As usual with you, rodney and whiskey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 05 Dec 2017 22:08:14 +0000, jim wrote:

And the relevance to the OP is.......?

Cue the "all their windows fell out" joke...

Go on then.....

The first google hit on "all their windows fell out"... :-)

It's an old joke so I wasn't too surprised.

--
Johnny B Good