Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Just a comment

If somebody calls themselves Known trouble maker it might not be a very good
way to have your messages read.

I used to have some handles as the CBers used to call them, and they are OK
on frivolous groups where its expected, but generally on this more sensible
( except for polly ticks) many tend to ignore posts from slightly dodgy
names I find.
I've been around these groups since 1993, so I've seen most things.
I do mourn the demise of the anonymous posting sites, Its just no fun any
more on the sillier sites if people know who you are after all!

grin.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
If somebody calls themselves Known trouble maker it might not be a very
good way to have your messages read.

I used to have some handles as the CBers used to call them, and they are
OK on frivolous groups where its expected, but generally on this more
sensible ( except for polly ticks) many tend to ignore posts from
slightly dodgy names I find.

I just sold something to "fartyass" on ebay...standards have fallen all over
and we must try and be inclusive........

I've been around these groups since 1993, so I've seen most things.
I do mourn the demise of the anonymous posting sites, Its just no fun any
more on the sillier sites if people know who you are after all!

I never try to hide my posting style regardless of what handle I
use.........

grin.
Brian

Known trouble maker is a term used by moderator Brian Reay and applied to
anybody that doesn't play by his rules as in ....

https://groups.io/g/RSGBForum

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Ah but rsgb, and some of the folk running charities etc are always holier
than though, and ban people simply cos their little clique cannot handle
message sorting rules or for killfiles properly.

Luckily I keep away from moderated groups as they often end up in the hands
of frustrated ex civil servants and those with OBEs, (Other buggers Efforts)

I used to have an alter ego or two.
Warthog was my first, when editing letters replies on Prestel/Micronet,
before the days of the net.
and latterly Mildew_Spores if I want to partake in some of the more um,
alternative newsgroups.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Known trouble maker ..." wrote in message

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
news
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Ah but rsgb, and some of the folk running charities etc are always
holier than though, and ban people simply cos their little clique
cannot handle message sorting rules or for killfiles properly.

Luckily I keep away from moderated groups as they often end up in the
hands of frustrated ex civil servants and those with OBEs, (Other
buggers Efforts)

Actually, one of the best groups I was ever in was an email one covering a
one make/model car. Which I no longer have. Rules were pretty simple - no
flaming and stay on topic. First couple of posts from a new member were
checked before being put on the group. And anyone who subsequently broke
the rules went back onto moderation. Hence zero spam and only posts on the
subject people had joined the group for.

--
*After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/11/2017 09:43, Known trouble maker ... wrote:

Known trouble maker is a term used by moderator Brian Reay and applied to
anybody that doesn't play by his rules as in ....

https://groups.io/g/RSGBForum

Quote:
Number of members = 2

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Exactly my point. Some leeway is needed as otherwise arguments break out
about the topicfullness of a post.
I simply cannot do with too strict a moderation as you tend to just get
boring old farts and jobsworth on those. You need a little transgression in
the world, but often it seems OK for some of the sun smiles out of their
arise contributors to make veiled insults but not for a right to reply..
I know I'm a pain in the arse but I never got where I am today by being a
push over.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

And our nest contestant wants to ask us what mood he is in today, sorry no
clues allowed. the winner gets a slightly used tissue.
Brian

--
----- -

Oh, do **** off back to wallowing in the filth of u.r.a, all of you.

--
Today is Setting Orange, the 38th day of The Aftermath in the YOLD 3183

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
Ah but rsgb, and some of the folk running charities etc are always
holier than though, and ban people simply cos their little clique
cannot handle message sorting rules or for killfiles properly.

Luckily I keep away from moderated groups as they often end up in the
hands of frustrated ex civil servants and those with OBEs, (Other
buggers Efforts)

Actually, one of the best groups I was ever in was an email one covering a
one make/model car. Which I no longer have. Rules were pretty simple - no
flaming and stay on topic. First couple of posts from a new member were
checked before being put on the group. And anyone who subsequently broke
the rules went back onto moderation. Hence zero spam and only posts on the
subject people had joined the group for.

Ah but the said Brian Reay, acting on behalf of the RSGB, bans people he
has decided he doesn't like from joining his group merely to satisfy
his ego, even if they have never posted to the group, let alone posted
off topic.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

On 26/11/2017 09:43, Known trouble maker ... wrote:

Known trouble maker is a term used by moderator Brian Reay and applied to
anybody that doesn't play by his rules as in ....

https://groups.io/g/RSGBForum

Quote:
Number of members = 2

To be fair, this appears to be a shadow group, set up in case of a rapid
bail-out of the real group from Yahoo.

--

Roger Hayter

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Roger Hayter" wrote in message
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
[...]

yes he is a sad individual with narcissistic tendencies .......

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

On 26/11/2017 09:43, Known trouble maker ... wrote:

Known trouble maker is a term used by moderator Brian Reay and applied
anybody that doesn't play by his rules as in ....

https://groups.io/g/RSGBForum

Quote:
Number of members = 2

To be fair, this appears to be a shadow group, set up in case of a rapid
bail-out of the real group from Yahoo.

but it is for the non-technical which would suit me but I would be banned
hence my handle .........

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/11/17 15:36, Roger Hayter wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Brian Gaff wrote:
[...]

Oh dear, you seem to be as bitter as you are miss-informed Roger.

I don't 'act' for the RSGB, the groups I run are independent. As such,
the moderators can refuse entry to those they deem unsuitable.

As for 'ego', it seems to be your 'ego' which is the problem. The group
you moderate is hardly a stunning success and now you want to criticise
one that has run rather well for years.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

On 26/11/2017 09:43, Known trouble maker ... wrote:

Known trouble maker is a term used by moderator Brian Reay and applied
anybody that doesn't play by his rules as in ....

https://groups.io/g/RSGBForum

Quote:
Number of members = 2

To be fair, this appears to be a shadow group, set up in case of a rapid
bail-out of the real group from Yahoo.

but it is for the non-technical which would suit me but I would be banned
hence my handle .........

But its non-technical equivalent already exists, with a fair number of
members, on Yahoo groups, so you can be banned now if you care to
apply.

--

Roger Hayter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

alan_m wrote:

On 26/11/2017 09:43, Known trouble maker ... wrote:

Known trouble maker is a term used by moderator Brian Reay and
applied
anybody that doesn't play by his rules as in ....

https://groups.io/g/RSGBForum

Quote:
Number of members = 2

To be fair, this appears to be a shadow group, set up in case of a
rapid
bail-out of the real group from Yahoo.

but it is for the non-technical which would suit me but I would be banned
hence my handle .........

But its non-technical equivalent already exists, with a fair number of
members, on Yahoo groups, so you can be banned now if you care to
apply.

naw...nothing beats usnet and outlook express ...........