N. Thornton

Default Odd comment re British Gas

From: Timbrook99 )

A member of our family has a very newly installed Glow Worm 30SXi
boiler which cuts out for no apparent reason. The local fitter has
called in Glow Worm since it is under warranty.
The Glow Worm person has ordered a new gas valve.
Rather surprisingly, the GW man declared that he'd seen similar
problems on three other boilers in the area and that he believed it
was being caused by an additive which BG were adding to the gas so as
to reduce leaks.

Questions:
Is this plausible?
Do BG dope the gas in this way?
If BG do this, why will a new valve be any better?
How reliable are Glow Worm's boilers, (I'm planning to instal a
30HXi)?

TB

Even if it were true, gloworm boilers would still be required to
operate on BG's gas. But I'm sure a few folk will believe it, and
blame BG instead of gloworm.

NT

Odd comment re British Gas Timbrook99 UK diy 4 December 11th 04 11:27 PM
British Gas service engineer Richard Owen UK diy 28 December 4th 04 08:40 PM
Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
Dryer plug for our British treadmill??? doublethegarlic Electronics 3 April 25th 04 07:23 AM
How the US is to make friends & influence tourists.. John Metalworking 37 April 9th 04 05:29 AM