Electronics (alt.electronics)

doublethegarlic

Default Dryer plug for our British treadmill???

Our British treadmill is a juicy 5' from our (U.S.) 220V dryer outlet,
and since that treadmill has now blown the third fuse (in as many
weeks) on our specially-bought transformer (though I reckon the fault
lies more with house voltage spikes), I am wondering....

Can I safely replace the British plug on the end of the treadmill with
a dryer plug? (And, if so, could anyone give guidance as to how this
might be done?)

Long shot: Does anyone know if plug adapters exist for this sort of
thing??

Treadmill: 6 A, 50/60 Hz, 230V
NEMA 14 30R outlet: 30A, 125/250V

Many thanks,

doublethegarlic
JeffM

Treadmill: 6 A, 50/60 Hz, 230V
NEMA 14 30R outlet: 30A, 125/250V
doublethegarlic

Yes. A 30 amp plug on a 6 amp load will work.
doublethegarlic

Dear Larry and Jeff,

Thanks for your help regarding amps and circuit breaker wiring. I
finally located the niggly little fuses through Gould (5x20mm 15A
250V), but perhaps a _direct_ 240 line to the fuse box will be the
best/safest longterm bet. ??

Thanks again,

doublethegarlic