Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fitting shower elbow

Hi All

I have a threaded elbow in the wall and need to fit the shower hose connector using a threaded bar. I have out a load of gas grade PTFE tape on the thread hoping that it would seal tightly when I screw it in. I can't screw it all the way in as the connector would be facing the wrong way.

It is fairly tight going in but can easily do it by hand. Testing it seems to be ok but now fearfully that any leak might be going into the wall and therefore not visible. There is a rubber seal between the connector and the facing plate and I have siliconed around the face plate.

Any better suggestions about how to fit it or ensure it is not leaking?

Thanks

Lee
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Thanks.. Is boss white a putty type stuff? Do you just put it on and then let "set"
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote :
Thanks.. Is boss white a putty type stuff? Do you just put it on and then let
"set"

It is a putty, just put it on and it should seal straight away - or
not.