Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Fitting shower elbow

In article ,
writes:
Hi All

I have a threaded elbow in the wall and need to fit the shower hose connect=
or using a threaded bar. I have out a load of gas grade PTFE tape on the th=
read hoping that it would seal tightly when I screw it in. I can't screw it=
all the way in as the connector would be facing the wrong way.=20

It is fairly tight going in but can easily do it by hand. Testing it seems =
to be ok but now fearfully that any leak might be going into the wall and t=
herefore not visible. There is a rubber seal between the connector and the =
facing plate and I have siliconed around the face plate. =20

Any better suggestions about how to fit it or ensure it is not leaking?=20

One I fitted recently is a tap connector - parallel thread to seal
against a washer at the open end of the thread, so you can orient
it any way you like.

--
Andrew Gabriel