Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Petition re EUSSR army

I just signed the petition, UK Government: No UK membership of an EU army. I think this is important. Will you sign it too?
Heres the link:

https://www.change.org/p/uk-governme...uiter=88586988
Thanks,
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 13 November 2017 16:36:12 UTC, harry wrote:
I just signed the petition, UK Government: No UK membership of an EU army. I think this is important. Will you sign it too?
Heres the link:

https://www.change.org/p/uk-governme...uiter=88586988
Thanks,

Signed because I agree we have NATO and the EU would get us to pay for the army if/when we leave the EU, anyway so best not to be part of it for the next 100+ years.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 13 November 2017 16:36:12 UTC, harry wrote:
I just signed the petition, UK Government: No UK membership of an EU
army. I think this is important. Will you sign it too? Heres the
link:

https://www.change.org/p/uk-governme...uiter=88586988
Thanks,

Signed because I agree we have NATO and the EU would get us to pay for
the army if/when we leave the EU, anyway so best not to be part of it
for the next 100+ years.

NATO with Trump cuddling up to Putin?

I hope I'm wrong, but I can see the need for a European army. In exactly
the same way as I see the need for the EU. With things as they are we
can't rely on the US.

--
*Beware - animal lover - brakes for pussy*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 13:36:21 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 13 November 2017 16:36:12 UTC, harry wrote:
I just signed the petition, UK Government: No UK membership of an EU
army. I think this is important. Will you sign it too? Heres the
link:

https://www.change.org/p/uk-governme...uiter=88586988
Thanks,

Signed because I agree we have NATO and the EU would get us to pay for
the army if/when we leave the EU, anyway so best not to be part of it
for the next 100+ years.

NATO with Trump cuddling up to Putin?

Trump isn't NATO and NATO and the EU currently have 22 member countries in common.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can see the need for a European army.

I don't and even if they did it'd be a waste of money because they'd never agree on getting anything done.

In exactly
the same way as I see the need for the EU. With things as they are we
can't rely on the US.

Yeah like we can rely on the EU.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 14 Nov 2017 07:35:58 -0800 (PST), whisky-dave
wrote:

On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 13:36:21 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

snip
I hope I'm wrong, but I can see the need for a European army.

I don't and even if they did it'd be a waste of money because they'd never agree on getting anything done.

Funny isn't it, first the EU 'can't agree to getting anything done'
(when the EU isn't a thing, it's all of us, the clue is in the title)
and when they do (finally) step in to ensure something actually does
get done (because 'we' can't sort it our between us) people whine
about that as well. ;-(

You know you don't want what you've got ... but don't know what you
actually want, only what you think you want (and you especially don't
know what would be best for you, you can only guess at that). ;-(

Best thing would be to plant the magic beans you may have swapped all
our futures for and see what (if anything) grows (or bin them and get
back to growing what we know works).

Cheers, T i m

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 13:36:21 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

snip
I hope I'm wrong, but I can see the need for a European army.

I don't and even if they did it'd be a waste of money because they'd never agree on getting anything done.

Funny isn't it, first the EU 'can't agree to getting anything done'
(when the EU isn't a thing, it's all of us, the clue is in the title)

It's not all of us when did you last get to vote on anything regarding the EU ?

and when they do (finally) step in to ensure something actually does
get done (because 'we' can't sort it our between us) people whine
about that as well. ;-(

Where are the EU nuclear weapons ?

You know you don't want what you've got ... but don't know what you
actually want,

Most do.

only what you think you want (and you especially don't
know what would be best for you, you can only guess at that). ;-(

and the EU is so expert at this are they ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

[...]

So what can the EU with an army that NATO can't ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Signed because I agree we have NATO and the EU would get us to pay
for the army if/when we leave the EU, anyway so best not to be part
of it for the next 100+ years.

NATO with Trump cuddling up to Putin?

Trump isn't NATO and NATO and the EU currently have 22 member countries
in common.

The US is the major player in NATO. Trump is whinging that the US pays an
unfair part of the costs of NATO.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can see the need for a European army.

I don't and even if they did it'd be a waste of money because they'd never agree on getting anything done.

Very odd. 'They' seem pretty agreed the UK isn't going to get its own way
after Brexit. Despite us being told they'd soon roll over and do what they
were told to by the UK.

In exactly
the same way as I see the need for the EU. With things as they are we
can't rely on the US.

Yeah like we can rely on the EU.

--
*I got a job at a bakery because I kneaded dough.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 14 November 2017 17:28:02 UTC, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
whisky-dave wrote:
Signed because I agree we have NATO and the EU would get us to pay
for the army if/when we leave the EU, anyway so best not to be part
of it for the next 100+ years.

NATO with Trump cuddling up to Putin?

Trump isn't NATO and NATO and the EU currently have 22 member countries
in common.

The US is the major player in NATO. Trump is whinging that the US pays an
unfair part of the costs of NATO.

So perhaps trump will come out of NATO then, he's hinted at it.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can see the need for a European army.

I don't and even if they did it'd be a waste of money because they'd never agree on getting anything done.

Very odd. 'They' seem pretty agreed the UK isn't going to get its own way
after Brexit.

Thats' like a paedophile or any other bully talking to a child.
You;re part of this 'crew' and if you don't give us yuor dinner money we'll take it and possible more.

Despite us being told they'd soon roll over and do what they
were told to by the UK.

We won't know until after BREXIT will we.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 13 November 2017 16:36:12 UTC, harry wrote:
I just signed the petition, UK Government: No UK membership of an EU
army. I think this is important. Will you sign it too? Heres the
link:

https://www.change.org/p/uk-governme...uiter=88586988
Thanks,

Signed because I agree we have NATO and the EU would get us to pay for
the army if/when we leave the EU, anyway so best not to be part of it
for the next 100+ years.

NATO with Trump cuddling up to Putin?

Trump isn't NATO

But given he is the US CinC, he does get to decide what
involvement the US troops have in a particular action.

and NATO and the EU currently have 22 member countries in common.

But they dont get to decide what happens with the
detail of who gets bombed etc or even what military
hardware is made available to NATO by the US.

I hope I'm wrong, but I can see the need for a European army.

I don't and even if they did it'd be a waste of money
because they'd never agree on getting anything done.

NATO doesnt work like that.