Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default One for the ARW Training Manual for Apprentices

We are having some groundwork done and today the digger pulled up a slab of concrete to big to handle so one of the labourers was asked to give it a whack with a sledge hammer to break it up more. As a result of the hammering chips were hitting the conservatory window. So straight out of the "Treat em mean, keep em keen" approach to training the most junior apprentice was stood in front of the window as a human shield.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 17:47, Tricky Dicky wrote:
We are having some groundwork done and today the digger pulled up a slab of concrete to big to handle so one of the labourers was asked to give it a whack with a sledge hammer to break it up more. As a result of the hammering chips were hitting the conservatory window. So straight out of the "Treat em mean, keep em keen" approach to training the most junior apprentice was stood in front of the window as a human shield.

Ah, but was he made to undress to his boxer shorts before been made to
stand there?

Today's apprentice impressed me. 16 years old and still breast IMHO.

But today there were horses. Now I don't like horses (unless they are on
the menu) and horses are the only animal I am scared of and they don't
like me.

These are race horses - and race horses really are the devil of all
horses when it come to behaviour.

Now the big ******* came running up to me (no doubt in an attempt to
either kick me, bite me or knock me over). The apprentice called it and
went over to him for a stroke and it behaved all nice.

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

These are race horses - and race horses really are the devil of all
horses when it come to behaviour.

Horses are pretty stupid animals but race horses take the biscuit they
are mad as hatters (it's all that inbreeding. EVERY race horse today is
descended from four Arabian stallions. And there hasn't been enough time
for small changes in their DNA caused by radiation to breed out the
stupidity)
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

ARW Wrote in message:
[...]

Suss out his mama.....
;-)
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 2 November 2017 19:26:48 UTC, ARW wrote:
Today's apprentice impressed me. 16 years old and still breast IMHO.

breast-fed?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

I'd have thought the best plan would be to find an old bit of plywood and
rear it up against the window.

Apprentices are a lot easier to find.

"Tricky Dicky" wrote in message
We are having some groundwork done and today the digger pulled up a slab
of concrete to big to handle so one of the labourers was asked to give it
a whack with a sledge hammer to break it up more. As a result of the
hammering chips were hitting the conservatory window. So straight out of
the "Treat em mean, keep em keen" approach to training the most junior
apprentice was stood in front of the window as a human shield.

Richard

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:
These are race horses - and race horses really are the devil of all
horses when it come to behaviour.

'Luckily' they are very susceptible to 'leaking' underground
leccy cables.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:45, soup wrote:
On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

These are race horses - and race horses really are the devil of all
horses when it come to behaviour.

Horses are pretty stupid animals but race horses take the biscuit they
are mad as hatters (it's all that inbreeding.Â* EVERY race horse today is
descended from four Arabian stallions. And there hasn't been enough time
for small changes in their DNA caused by radiation to breed out the
stupidity)

They should get some ponies from mongolia or Easter Island to improve
the genetics. That would really make them fly.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2017 08:13, Brian Gaff wrote:
I'd have thought the best plan would be to find an old bit of plywood and
rear it up against the window.

Brian

Put a splodge of bird**** on the chip. When the lady cleans the
glass you can be consoling that she has scratched the glass
by rubbing to harshly.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, 2 November 2017 19:45:55 UTC, soup wrote:
On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

These are race horses - and race horses really are the devil of all
horses when it come to behaviour.

Horses are pretty stupid animals

They aren't studies have shown they are inteligent, one study where they usedsymbols of a horse with a blanket on it and symbols of a horse without a blanket in it.
Then they put blankets on those horses and showed them that sign and they did the same for no blanket on a hoser the horses worked out that if they wanted the blanket taken off because they were hot to hit the no blanket sign and visa versa. So thought the summer winter the horse were telliong the staff whether or not they wanted a blanket over them by hitting on the appropriate panel.

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and...mans-in-study/

I wish our managment staff understood such things .

‰¥but race horses take the biscuit they
are mad as hatters (it's all that inbreeding. EVERY race horse today is
descended from four Arabian stallions. And there hasn't been enough time
for small changes in their DNA caused by radiation to breed out the
stupidity)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

These are race horses - and race horses really are the devil of all
horses when it come to behaviour.

Horses are pretty stupid animals

They aren't studies have shown they are inteligent, one study where they usedsymbols of a horse with a blanket on it and symbols of a horse without a blanket in it.
Then they put blankets on those horses and showed them that sign and they did the same for no blanket on a hoser the horses worked out that if they wanted the blanket taken off because they were hot to hit the no blanket sign and visa versa. So thought the summer winter the horse were telliong the staff whether or not they wanted a blanket over them by hitting on the appropriate panel.

I have no doubt horses can be trained to do many things but they do
appear very stupid.
I believe this comes from them being prey animals in that they react
THEN think of what they should do.
They also seem to have no conception of what size they are or where
any part of them is hence forever leaning against people and standing on
their feet etc.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

These are race horses - and race horses really are the devil of all
horses when it come to behaviour.

Horses are pretty stupid animals

They aren't studies have shown they are inteligent, one study where they
usedsymbols of a horse with a blanket on it and symbols of a horse
without a blanket in it.
Then they put blankets on those horses and showed them that sign and they
did the same for no blanket on a hoser the horses worked out that if they
wanted the blanket taken off because they were hot to hit the no blanket
sign and visa versa. So thought the summer winter the horse were telliong
the staff whether or not they wanted a blanket over them by hitting on
the appropriate panel.

I have no doubt horses can be trained to do many things but they do appear
very stupid.

Yeah, hilarious watching one that thinks its hiding behind a tree.

I believe this comes from them being prey animals in that they react

Yep, very flighty animals.

THEN think of what they should do.

Thats how prey animals survive. And you dont need great
intelligence to work out how to eat grass. Even sheep can do it.

They also seem to have no conception of what size they are

Yeah, thats why the ****ers try hiding behind trees.

Too stupid to even consider whether another
horse behind a tree is visible or not.

or where any part of them is

Dunno, they do pretty well kicking people.

hence forever leaning against people and standing on their feet etc.

Thats more that they dont get their own feet stood on etc and are
too stupid to even noticed the reaction when they stand on human
feet unless you whack the **** out of them whenever they do that.

Pretty smart at breathing out when you are doing the girth
up so they can relax with it loose after you have finished tho.

And great at tearing along under a tree branch to get rid of
some arsehole that is silly enough to expect them to tolerate
some fool on its back too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 3 November 2017 15:55:56 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Then they put blankets on those horses and showed them that sign and
they did the same for no blanket on a hoser the horses worked out that
if they wanted the blanket taken off because they were hot to hit the
no blanket sign and visa versa.

But did they actually distinguish the shapes or just learn to press the left sign for blanket and the right sign for no blanket?

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

These are race horses - and race horses really are the devil of all
horses when it come to behaviour.

Horses are pretty stupid animals

They aren't studies have shown they are inteligent, one study where they usedsymbols of a horse with a blanket on it and symbols of a horse without a blanket in it.
Then they put blankets on those horses and showed them that sign and they did the same for no blanket on a hoser the horses worked out that if they wanted the blanket taken off because they were hot to hit the no blanket sign and visa versa. So thought the summer winter the horse were telliong the staff whether or not they wanted a blanket over them by hitting on the appropriate panel.

I have no doubt horses can be trained to do many things but they do
appear very stupid.

Appearing to be stupid doesn't mean much. I bet man appears pretty stupid to horse that have known whether they are hot or cold all along and man has been adding or removing things irrespective of what the horses have wanted.

I believe this comes from them being prey animals in that they react
THEN think of what they should do.

What do you mean by prey animals what animals hunt horses ?

They also seem to have no conception of what size they are or where
any part of them is hence forever leaning against people and standing on
their feet etc.

They seem to be able to jump pretty high and perhaps leaning aganst someone or standing on there feet is a sign of domination.
Horses can communicate danger amd other things to each other just by moving their ears humans can't.

http://www.equine-world.co.uk/about_...telligence.asp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

[...]

What makes you think they are hiding ?
or is that yuor interpretation of what they are doing.

Yeah, thats why the ****ers try hiding behind trees.

why do you think they were hiding ?

Too stupid to even consider whether another
horse behind a tree is visible or not.

Maybe they aren't hiding maybe it's for shade.

or where any part of them is

Dunno, they do pretty well kicking people.

Usualy stupid people in the wrong place at the wrong time or when the horse feels threatened.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 4 November 2017 10:01:05 UTC, wrote:
On Friday, 3 November 2017 15:55:56 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Then they put blankets on those horses and showed them that sign and
they did the same for no blanket on a hoser the horses worked out that
if they wanted the blanket taken off because they were hot to hit the
no blanket sign and visa versa.

But did they actually distinguish the shapes or just learn to press the left sign for blanket and the right sign for no blanket?

Owain

They recognised the picture of the horse with or without the blanket
according to the person that ran the experiment, who was interviewd on This Week in Science.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2017 14:23, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 4 November 2017 10:01:05 UTC, wrote:
On Friday, 3 November 2017 15:55:56 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Then they put blankets on those horses and showed them that sign and
they did the same for no blanket on a hoser the horses worked out that
if they wanted the blanket taken off because they were hot to hit the
no blanket sign and visa versa.

But did they actually distinguish the shapes or just learn to press the left sign for blanket and the right sign for no blanket?

Owain

They recognised the picture of the horse with or without the blanket
according to the person that ran the experiment, who was interviewd on This Week in Science.

Any idea when that was? The only thing I can find on www.twis.org [1] is
about the Norwegian study I mentioned which used symbols.

[1] http://www.twis.org/2016/09/29/2018/

"Horses could indicate whether they wanted a blanket put on or removed
by using symbols provided to them by their trainers. It would appear the
mammalian brain was set up pretty well before we came along!"

with a link to
http://phys.org/news/2016-09-horses-...e-blanket.html

--
Robin
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 6 November 2017 14:57:07 UTC, Robin wrote:
[...]

It wasn't Norwegian it was UK and last year sometime.

"Horses could indicate whether they wanted a blanket put on or removed
by using symbols provided to them by their trainers. It would appear the
mammalian brain was set up pretty well before we came along!"

with a link to
http://phys.org/news/2016-09-horses-...e-blanket.html

--
Robin

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, 6 November 2017 14:57:07 UTC, Robin wrote:
"Horses could indicate whether they wanted a blanket put on or removed
by using symbols provided to them by their trainers. It would appear the
mammalian brain was set up pretty well before we came along!"

which is pretty fortunate for us, given we're one of the later mammals to evolve.

If our starting point had been a goldfish it would have taken us a lot longer to get to where we are now.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

[...]

Lions and tigers etc, stupid.

They also seem to have no conception of what size they are or where
any part of them is hence forever leaning against people and standing on
their feet etc.

They seem to be able to jump pretty high and perhaps leaning
aganst someone or standing on there feet is a sign of domination.

Nar they dont do it deliberately most of the time.

Horses can communicate danger amd other things to each other just by
moving their ears

That isnt what they are doing.

humans can't.

You quite sure you aint one of those rocket scientist terminal ****wits ?

Humans do that a hell of a lot better with facial expression, stupid.

http://www.equine-world.co.uk/about_...telligence.asp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

[...]

Its obvious from their behaviour.

or is that yuor interpretation of what they are doing.

Nope.

Yeah, thats why the ****ers try hiding behind trees.

why do you think they were hiding ?

Its obvious from their behaviour.

Too stupid to even consider whether another
horse behind a tree is visible or not.

Maybe they aren't hiding maybe it's for shade.

Nope.

or where any part of them is

Dunno, they do pretty well kicking people.

Usualy stupid people in the wrong place at the
wrong time or when the horse feels threatened.

Some horses are just malicious arseholes.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

[...]

So you don't know why they do it ansd that makes them stupid is that it.

May cat does a similar thing usually when I'm near her food bowl and she's hungry, I think it's an attempt to keep me there in that vicinity, she;ll walk on my feet and walk in from of me if I attempt top leave the vicinity without feeding her, if she didn't do anything then how would I know she wanted food.

Some animals can communicate with humans provided the humans are inteligent enough to understand unfortunaly not many humans have that inteligence.

Horses can communicate danger amd other things to each other just by
moving their ears

That isnt what they are doing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-thoughts.html

see what I mean, just because they know what they are doing and you don't understand doesn't make them stupid.

Just because you can't understand their language that doesn't make them stupid.

humans can't.

You quite sure you aint one of those rocket scientist terminal ****wits ?

I'm not you are.

Humans do that a hell of a lot better with facial expression, stupid.

If someone is speaking in a diffenrt language or they aren't able to use vocalisation that does not make THEM stupid, but it certainly shows how stupid you are if you don't see anything other than yuor way of doing things can count as comunication.

http://www.equine-world.co.uk/about_...telligence.asp

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

[...]

They are standing under a ****ing tree not hiding behind anything.

They could be because they want to stand in the shade or when it's raining or about to rain or stormy, which is what a friend in france told me on FB last night who lives on a farm and looks after quite a few horses.

or is that yuor interpretation of what they are doing.

Nope.

Do you think people that wear hats are hiding under them too.
How about umbrellas ?, what about bus stops ? what about when peole put on clothes are they hiding too.

Yeah, thats why the ****ers try hiding behind trees.

why do you think they were hiding ?

Its obvious from their behaviour.

Why ?
What behavour

Too stupid to even consider whether another
horse behind a tree is visible or not.

Maybe they aren't hiding maybe it's for shade.

Nope.

Yep.

or where any part of them is

Dunno, they do pretty well kicking people.

Usualy stupid people in the wrong place at the
wrong time or when the horse feels threatened.

Some horses are just malicious arseholes.

I;m betting there's more humans like that.

Some are so stupid they think that when a person puts on clothes that they are trying to hide, you can tell from their behavour can't you ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message ,
whisky-dave writes

Some animals can communicate with humans provided the humans are
inteligent enough to understand unfortunaly not many humans have that
inteligence.

Completely agree. Without going into boring examples, our dog is
amazingly good at letting us know exactly what she wants, where she
wants to go etc. Not speaking of course, but most certainly
communicating.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default One for the RAW Training Manual for Apprentices

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

[...]

Corse I do, they do it by accident, just like humans
do when they step on someone else's foot too.

May cat does a similar thing usually when
I'm near her food bowl and she's hungry,
I think it's an attempt to keep me there in
that vicinity, she;ll walk on my feet and walk
in from of me if I attempt top leave the vicinity
without feeding her, if she didn't do anything
then how would I know she wanted food.

Horses dont do anything like that.

Yep, you dont have a ****ing clue what horses are about.

Horses can communicate danger amd other
things to each other just by moving their ears

That isnt what they are doing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-thoughts.html

Thats not communicating with each other, ****wit.

Humans do that a hell of a lot better with facial expression, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

[...]

Wrong, as always. And since this troll**** is the best you can manage,
here goes the chain on the rest of your even sillier troll****.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 7 November 2017 20:57:01 UTC, Vir Campestris wrote:
If our starting point had been a goldfish it would have taken us a
lot longer to get to where we are now.

That's unfair (to goldfish)
http://thegoldfishtank.com/goldfish-...mart-goldfish/

They still only have a memory span of 3 months, no legs, and no opposable thumbs.

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

[...]

So humans forever stand on other peoples feet so why do you think horses are stupid if it's an accident.

May cat does a similar thing usually when
I'm near her food bowl and she's hungry,
I think it's an attempt to keep me there in
that vicinity, she;ll walk on my feet and walk
in from of me if I attempt top leave the vicinity
without feeding her, if she didn't do anything
then how would I know she wanted food.

Horses dont do anything like that.

you're an expert on horses now ?
can you tell me why you think horses... "hence forever "

They also seem to have no conception of what size they are or
where
any part of them is hence forever leaning against people and standing
on
their feet etc.

Some animals can communicate with humans provided
the humans are inteligent enough to understand
unfortunaly not many humans have that inteligence.

Yep, you dont have a ****ing clue what horses are about.

at least I donlt think they are hiding behind tress or forever standing and leaning against humans.
You do know that it;s teh humans that ride horses and not horses that ride humans.

Horses can communicate danger amd other
things to each other just by moving their ears

That isnt what they are doing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-thoughts.html

Thats not communicating with each other, ****wit.

you didn't read it did you.

Read the words.

When a horse is interested, it pricks up its ears and swivels them around
Ears flopped down means creature is relaxed and pinned back shows anger

These movements are so important that, if a horse's ears are covered up, another horse struggles to know what it is thinking.

So yes horses do communicate with their ears, and horses donlt cover up their own ears ****wit, it;s the huamns that cover up the horses ears and it;s the humans that put blinkers on horses and it's the humans that put shoes on them and saddles horses don;t do this themselves.

Humans do that a hell of a lot better with facial expression, stupid.

Not if they have a mask on.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2017 17:29, wrote:
If our starting point had been a goldfish it would have taken us a lot longer to get to where we are now.

That's unfair (to goldfish)

http://thegoldfishtank.com/goldfish-...mart-goldfish/

Andy

if we'd started with wodney we'd be a lot worse of than starting with fish.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

[...]

Nope, and horses dont either.

so why do you think horses are stupid if it's an accident.

I in fact never said that horses standing on peoples feet is stupid.

May cat does a similar thing usually when
I'm near her food bowl and she's hungry,
I think it's an attempt to keep me there in
that vicinity, she;ll walk on my feet and walk
in from of me if I attempt top leave the vicinity
without feeding her, if she didn't do anything
then how would I know she wanted food.

Horses dont do anything like that.

you're an expert on horses now ?

Obviously know a hell of a lot more about them than you do.

can you tell me why you think horses... "hence forever "

Try that again in english. I dont read gobbledegook.

They also seem to have no conception of what size they are or
where
any part of them is hence forever leaning against people and
standing
on
their feet etc.

Some animals can communicate with humans provided
the humans are inteligent enough to understand
unfortunaly not many humans have that inteligence.

Yep, you dont have a ****ing clue what horses are about.

at least I donlt think they are hiding behind tress

They do sometimes do that anyway.

or forever standing and leaning against humans.

Never ever said anything even remotely like that, ****wit.

Horses can communicate danger amd other
things to each other just by moving their ears

That isnt what they are doing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-thoughts.html

Thats not communicating with each other, ****wit.

you didn't read it did you.

Yes I did.

Read the words.

Doesnt say anything like that.

Says nothing about them communicating with other horses that way, ****wit.

These movements are so important that, if a horse's ears are
covered up, another horse struggles to know what it is thinking.

Even sillier than you usually manage, and thats saying something.

So yes horses do communicate with their ears,

Nope.

and horses donlt cover up their own ears ****wit,
it;s the huamns that cover up the horses ears

Humans do nothing of the kind.

and it;s the humans that put blinkers on horses

Not so they can't see other horses ears.

Humans do that a hell of a lot better with facial expression, stupid.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

[...]

So why did you say they did.
So what did you mean by this.

is hence forever leaning against people and standing on their feet etc.

who or what are you talking about forever leaning and standing on thier feet.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

[...]

I never did.

So what did you mean by this.

is hence forever leaning against people and standing on their feet etc.

I never said that.

That wasnt me, ****wit.

so why do you think horses are stupid if it's an accident.

I in fact never said that horses standing on peoples feet is stupid.

you said horses are forever leaning and standing on peoples feet.

Nope.

All the rest of your even sillier troll**** flushed where it belongs.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 06/11/2017 14:23, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 4 November 2017 10:01:05 UTC, wrote:
On Friday, 3 November 2017 15:55:56 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Then they put blankets on those horses and showed them that sign and
they did the same for no blanket on a hoser the horses worked out that
if they wanted the blanket taken off because they were hot to hit the
no blanket sign and visa versa.

But did they actually distinguish the shapes or just learn to press the left sign for blanket and the right sign for no blanket?

Owain

They recognised the picture of the horse with or without the blanket
according to the person that ran the experiment, who was interviewd on This Week in Science.

Even the sheep get in on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...iversity-study

--
Adam
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 8 November 2017 19:17:11 UTC, ARW wrote:
On 06/11/2017 14:23, whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 4 November 2017 10:01:05 UTC, wrote:
On Friday, 3 November 2017 15:55:56 UTC, whisky-dave wrote:
Then they put blankets on those horses and showed them that sign and
they did the same for no blanket on a hoser the horses worked out that
if they wanted the blanket taken off because they were hot to hit the
no blanket sign and visa versa.

But did they actually distinguish the shapes or just learn to press the left sign for blanket and the right sign for no blanket?

Owain

They recognised the picture of the horse with or without the blanket
according to the person that ran the experiment, who was interviewd on This Week in Science.

Even the sheep get in on it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-engl...iversity-study

yes I saw that but didnlt understand why they were recongising celebs.
In tests it's been show that sheep can recognise up to 50 differnt faces and can read some human emotions and can tell a smile from a frown.

And that sheep in scotland have been shrinking.

As yep BREXIT hasn't be blamed, so it must be the weather ;-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/11/2017 11:42, whisky-dave wrote:
[...]

I had to look up on google some of the names to see what the celeb did!

--
Adam

One for the apprentices ARW UK diy 12 March 15th 16 12:02 AM
OT. One for ARW David Lang UK diy 13 August 6th 15 09:52 PM
OT - One for ARW Unbeliever[_4_] UK diy 3 February 23rd 14 12:12 PM
Attn ARW Mr Pounder[_2_] UK diy 12 April 18th 13 10:41 PM
Attn ARW! Mr Pounder[_2_] UK diy 43 December 3rd 12 05:38 PM