Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Attn ARW!

Adam!

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south divide.
He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to him any that
comments you would care to make.

Mr Pounder

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/11/2012 20:28, Mr Pounder wrote:
Adam!

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south divide.
He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to him any that
comments you would care to make.

Mr Pounder

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly
intelligent and of great personal beauty.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

On 29/11/2012 20:28, Mr Pounder wrote:
Adam!

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south
divide.
He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to him any that
comments you would care to make.

Mr Pounder

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly intelligent
and of great personal beauty.

Dave, no I've moved over the boarder into Sussex now so that statement is no
longer valid G

AWEM
(ex-pat Yorkshireman)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

On 29/11/2012 20:28, Mr Pounder wrote:
Adam!

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south
divide.
He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to him any that
comments you would care to make.

Mr Pounder

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly intelligent
and of great personal beauty.

Stopped there once on my way to buy cheap booze in France, couldn't afford
to buy a pint so haven't bothered stopping again.

Mike

Posted to uk.d-i-y

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

http://www.kentcountysociety.co.uk/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
On 29/11/2012 20:28, Mr Pounder wrote: Adam!

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south divide.
He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to him any that
comments you would care to make.

Mr Pounder

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly
intelligent and of great personal beauty.

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

http://www.kentcountysociety.co.uk/

I don't see the requirement to be good looking.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Condoms aren't completely safe. A friend of mine was wearing one and got hit by a bus.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:03:27 +0000, The Medway Handyman
wrote:

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly
intelligent and of great personal beauty.

Truly, they are a bunch of Kents.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly
intelligent and of great personal beauty.

Truly, they are a bunch of Kents.

Problem spelling?

You put your friend in the wrong county!

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Connecticut police are investigating a string of shootings where clues are reportedly contained in a rap CD.
They are also questioning Bob Marley about the shooting of a sheriff.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newsp.wolap0u7ytk5n5@i7-940...

**** off or I'll set Firth on you.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Connecticut police are investigating a string of shootings where clues are
reportedly contained in a rap CD.
They are also questioning Bob Marley about the shooting of a sheriff.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly
intelligent and of great personal beauty.

Truly, they are a bunch of Kents.

Problem spelling?

You put your friend in the wrong county!

**** off or I'll set Firth on you.

He's double killfiled.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Doctor: "Ask the accident victim his name so we can notify his family."
Nurse: "I did! He said his family already knows his name."
Posted to uk.d-i-y

newsp.wolb3ku6ytk5n5@i7-940...

wrote:

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly
intelligent and of great personal beauty.

Truly, they are a bunch of Kents.

Problem spelling?

You put your friend in the wrong county!

**** off or I'll set Firth on you.

He's double killfiled.

Brave Robin ran away.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Doctor: "Ask the accident victim his name so we can notify his family."
Nurse: "I did! He said his family already knows his name."

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message

Problem spelling?

You put your friend in the wrong county!

**** off or I'll set Firth on you.

He's double killfiled.

Brave Robin ran away.

Firth does not make constructive arguments, he just shouts silly insults without reading what I write. Utterly pointless.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Why is there no Disneyland China?
No one's tall enough to go on the good rides.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Mr Pounder wrote:
Adam!

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south
divide. He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to him
any that comments you would care to make.

London is fantastic and Kent is even better. I love working in either.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
Adam!

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south
divide. He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to him
any that comments you would care to make.

London is fantastic and Kent is even better. I love working in either.

--
Adam

That is not an answer.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
Adam!

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south
divide. He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to
him any that comments you would care to make.

London is fantastic and Kent is even better. I love working in
either. --
Adam

That is not an answer.

It was not much of a question was it? I am not even sure what the question
was.

I sometimes work in London as that is sometimes where the work is.

I have worked all over the UK (mostly in Yorkshire and surrounding counties)
but London is by far the most interesting place to work.

BTW if your geography and superior rules are correct then the Scots are
superior to both you and me - on the plus side France is further south than
us.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:03:27 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 29/11/2012 20:28, Mr Pounder wrote:
Adam!

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south
divide.
He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to him any that
comments you would care to make.

Mr Pounder

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly
intelligent and of great personal beauty.

Apart from Medway and Thanet. And Sheppey.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

Okay.
I will make it easier for you.
Do you need to work in the south because that is where the work is?
Yes or No.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2012 21:22, Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

I got the distinct impression that Adam will work wherever there is
work. A sort of employment slut.

So he'll work in the North, South, East and West "because that is where
the work is".

Does that help?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 21:03:38 -0000, ARW wrote:

Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

The Scots are indeed superior. But I can only speak for myself :-)

However I disagree about the French, I quite like them, especially the way they drive.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

Not always. I was In Darlington this morning. I was needed in Darlington so
that is where I went.

I could make a lot more money by working in London all of the time.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 21:45:50 -0000, ARW wrote:

Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

Even considering either a higher house price or commuting?

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

You are The One. But not The One. The One who is not The One, but is Another One. But you are that One who is The One who is The Other One who is, in fact, The One. All is lost.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

I can get digs in London for £100 a week.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly
intelligent and of great personal beauty.

Is that a result of the all the inbreeding with Northerners who were
imported to dig coal last century because the locals wern't daft
enough to do it, or in spite of them?

G.Harman
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

Fine if you have no commitments at home.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

Create instant designer stubble by sucking a magnet and dipping your chin in a bowl of iron fillings.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2012 21:20, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:03:27 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 29/11/2012 20:28, Mr Pounder wrote:
Adam!

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south
divide.
He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to him any that
comments you would care to make.

Mr Pounder

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly
intelligent and of great personal beauty.

Apart from Medway and Thanet. And Sheppey.

Sheppey's the only place I know that makes Canvey look good.

--
Peter
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/11/2012 21:20, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:03:27 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 29/11/2012 20:28, Mr Pounder wrote:
Adam!

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south
divide.
He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to him any that
comments you would care to make.

Mr Pounder

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly
intelligent and of great personal beauty.

Apart from Medway and Thanet. And Sheppey.

They say Planet Thanet is coming up in the world. Big old houses by the
sea, has to be trendy eventually
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 23:46:25 +0000, Ramsman wrote:

On 30/11/2012 21:20, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:03:27 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 29/11/2012 20:28, Mr Pounder wrote:
Adam!

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south
divide.
He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to him any
that comments you would care to make.

Mr Pounder

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly
intelligent and of great personal beauty.

Apart from Medway and Thanet. And Sheppey.

Sheppey's the only place I know that makes Canvey look good.

And Milton Regis makes the rest of Sheppey look good.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 09:37:35 +0000, stuart noble wrote:

On 30/11/2012 21:20, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:03:27 +0000, The Medway Handyman wrote:

On 29/11/2012 20:28, Mr Pounder wrote:
Adam!

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south
divide.
He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to him any
that comments you would care to make.

Mr Pounder

Kent is a wonderful place, with residents who are both highly
intelligent and of great personal beauty.

Apart from Medway and Thanet. And Sheppey.

They say Planet Thanet is coming up in the world. Big old houses by the
sea, has to be trendy eventually

Margate is certainly improving in some ways...the Turner Cantre, and
round about, is quite good. But few shops - not helped by the efforts of
that Mary person.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
"ARW" wrote in message
Mr Pounder wrote:
[...]

so can I, but I wouldn't want to live there as a permanent home

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
[...]

I think any implication that she has made it worse is unfair.

The shops in Margate town centre are ****ed by the Westwood developments,
and nothing short of bulldozing that will improve the town centre.

Margate should accept this, schedule the High Street to be turned into
housing and move on.

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 10:31:50 +0000, tim..... wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
[...]

Well, her efforts haven't been that popular.

The shops in Margate town centre are ****ed by the Westwood
developments,
and nothing short of bulldozing that will improve the town centre.

Perhaps...although it was bad even before Westwood was built.

--
Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
ARW wrote:
I could make a lot more money by working in London all of the time.

Well, yes, and spend that and more trying to live here. ;-)

--
*Husband and cat lost -- reward for cat

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Eager wrote:

On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 10:31:50 +0000, tim..... wrote:

The shops in Margate town centre are ****ed by the Westwood
developments,
and nothing short of bulldozing that will improve the town centre.

Perhaps...although it was bad even before Westwood was built.

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/blogpicts4/id3.htm

Does look a mess.

It was in a lot better state when I went on holiday there in the early 80's.

--
Tim Watts Personal Blog: http://www.dionic.net/tim/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 14:55:18 -0000, Tim Watts wrote:

Bob Eager wrote:

On Sat, 01 Dec 2012 10:31:50 +0000, tim..... wrote:

The shops in Margate town centre are ****ed by the Westwood
developments,
and nothing short of bulldozing that will improve the town centre.

Perhaps...although it was bad even before Westwood was built.

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/blogpicts4/id3.htm

Does look a mess.

It was in a lot better state when I went on holiday there in the early 80's.

Just needs a lick of paint.

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

How many potheads does it take to change a light bulb?
Two. One to hold the bulb against the socket, and the other to smoke up until the room starts spinning.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
ARW wrote:
I could make a lot more money by working in London all of the time.

Well, yes, and spend that and more trying to live here. ;-)

And get to miss the countryside that I am used to:-)

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
[...]

I wasn't aware of that.

I was aware that they were thought to be micky-mouse sticking plaster
solutions, but then what can you do with the piddly amount on offer.

OK now I've found this:

http://www.thegrocer.co.uk/topics/pr...231973.article

Anyhow here's the list of ideas for Ashford, somewhere I am slightly more
qualified to assess:

1.The rebirth of the Town Centre Market.
2.To create a unique covered area for the lower High Street providing a
distinctive place within the town centre.
3.To use new technology to market the town centre, by developing a virtual
tour of the town centre through an innovative website and app.
4.To create a new and compelling Vision for the town centre, considering it
as one centre by characterising zones and roles for its different parts.
5.To generate creative solutions to improve the link between Ashford
Designer Outlet and the town centre.
6.To use the website, app and market to galvanise businesses and provide
income to support the Town Team and management of the town centre.

My comments:

1) OK, but how does a bag of money achieve that. A bigger market requires
more stallholders to attend, and they don't (probably because there aren't
enough shoppers, which is the problem that you are trying to fix!).
2) That'll be the bit of the High Street outside Blockbuster and the Lap
dancing club (at least that's what I assume it is) which is dead during
shopping hours. Well there's a reason for that!
3) WTF!
4) So painting the pavement in different colours (either really or
metaphorically) is going to make a difference is it?
5) They're one and half miles apart, how are you going to do that? There's
already a subsidised shuttle bus and as there are draconian penalties if you
overstay your parking few people are going to park there and then catch the
shuttle to the town centre shops in case they mis-time their journey back
(it's not like there is a shortage of parking in the centre).
6) Wishful thinking!

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/blogpicts4/id3.htm

What a ********. Pics taken by a drunk, too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

http://www.michaelsbookshop.com/blogpicts4/id3.htm

What a ********. Pics taken by a drunk, too.

Maybe the photographer is straight and the street is sloping.

Or the photographer is bent.....

--
http://petersparrots.com
http://petersphotos.com

IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humour or irrational religious beliefs. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is not authorised (either explicitly or implicitly) and constitutes an irritating social faux pas. Unless the word absquatulation has been used in its correct context somewhere other than in this warning, it does not have any legal or no grammatical use and may be ignored. No animals were harmed in the transmission of this email, although the kelpie next door is living on borrowed time. Those of you with an overwhelming fear of the unknown will be gratified to learn that there is no hidden message revealed by reading this warning backwards, so just ignore that ALERT Notice from Microsoft. However, by pouring a complete
circle of salt around yourself and your computer you can ensure that no harm befalls you and your pets. If you have received this email in error, please add some nutmeg and egg whites, whisk and place in a warm oven for 40 minutes.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 20:28:27 -0000, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:

I have a mate in Kent who seems not to understand why us superior
northerners sometimes have to travel to {ugg} London to work.
He seems to think that there is no such thing as the north / south divide.
He can't receive this splendid group so I will forward to him any that
comments you would care to make.

Ten years plus ago I worked as an agency van driver, mainly around
Leicester and the Midlands, bacause that was where ther work was, and
I live in Leicester. One of the jobs was delivering plasterboard and
dry-lining supplies - I found that several Leicester/Midlands dry
lining contractors could bid successfully on jobs in London and Essex
that included delivery of materials from Leicester. I remember taking
the company's 7.5 ton truck into the Excel Centre, which I'd not
previously heard of. Also went to Portsmouth once with that job.

ATTN: Bill - 'T' Joe Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 June 6th 12 02:32 AM
Attn Iggy Andrew VK3BFA[_2_] Metalworking 2 April 21st 11 06:31 PM
Attn: Gunner and anyone else in So. Cal. Jim Chandler Metalworking 0 April 22nd 08 12:28 AM
ATTN: Rimshot Inc JC[_2_] Home Repair 1 October 2nd 07 04:58 AM
ATTN: "G Henslee" [email protected] Home Repair 0 September 8th 05 09:55 PM