Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default One for the ARW Training Manual for Apprentices

On Monday, 6 November 2017 20:20:19 UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Saturday, 4 November 2017 02:14:14 UTC, soup wrote:
On 03/11/2017 15:55, whisky-dave wrote:
On Thursday, 2 November 2017 19:45:55 UTC, soup wrote:
On 02/11/2017 19:26, ARW wrote:

These are race horses - and race horses really are the devil of all
horses when it come to behaviour.

Horses are pretty stupid animals

They aren't studies have shown they are inteligent, one study where
they usedsymbols of a horse with a blanket on it and symbols of a horse
without a blanket in it.
Then they put blankets on those horses and showed them that sign and
they did the same for no blanket on a hoser the horses worked out that
if they wanted the blanket taken off because they were hot to hit the
no blanket sign and visa versa. So thought the summer winter the horse
were telliong the staff whether or not they wanted a blanket over them
by hitting on the appropriate panel.

I have no doubt horses can be trained to do many things but they do
appear very stupid.

Appearing to be stupid doesn't mean much. I bet man appears pretty stupid
to horse that have known whether they are hot or cold all along and man
has been adding or removing things irrespective of what the horses have
wanted.

I believe this comes from them being prey animals in that they react
THEN think of what they should do.

What do you mean by prey animals what animals hunt horses ?

Lions and tigers etc, stupid.

They also seem to have no conception of what size they are or where
any part of them is hence forever leaning against people and standing on
their feet etc.

They seem to be able to jump pretty high and perhaps leaning
aganst someone or standing on there feet is a sign of domination.

Nar they dont do it deliberately most of the time.

So you don't know why they do it ansd that makes them stupid is that it.

May cat does a similar thing usually when I'm near her food bowl and she's hungry, I think it's an attempt to keep me there in that vicinity, she;ll walk on my feet and walk in from of me if I attempt top leave the vicinity without feeding her, if she didn't do anything then how would I know she wanted food.

Some animals can communicate with humans provided the humans are inteligent enough to understand unfortunaly not many humans have that inteligence.

Horses can communicate danger amd other things to each other just by
moving their ears

That isnt what they are doing.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...-thoughts.html

see what I mean, just because they know what they are doing and you don't understand doesn't make them stupid.

Just because you can't understand their language that doesn't make them stupid.

humans can't.

You quite sure you aint one of those rocket scientist terminal ****wits ?

I'm not you are.

Humans do that a hell of a lot better with facial expression, stupid.

If someone is speaking in a diffenrt language or they aren't able to use vocalisation that does not make THEM stupid, but it certainly shows how stupid you are if you don't see anything other than yuor way of doing things can count as comunication.

http://www.equine-world.co.uk/about_...telligence.asp