Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 110 pushfit soil connectors -

I've never bothered looking too hard before, but have noticed my WC pan
connector (push fit 110 at the non WC end) had some quite pronounced
mould seam ridges down both sides.

On this I've carefully pared them off with a stanley blade, leaving a
slight groove (original defect, not knife related).

Happened to notice even the Floplast Tee 110 I have also has slight (but
not as pronounced) mould seam ridges.

Do people normally pare or sand these off?

I've not had any leaks before, but then my joints face the right way and
are never under pressure and I don't have the kit to pressure test my
system.

So this is just a curiosity "learning to do things better" kinda muse...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2017 20:06, Tim Watts wrote:
I've never bothered looking too hard before, but have noticed my WC pan
connector (push fit 110 at the non WC end) had some quite pronounced
mould seam ridges down both sides.

On this I've carefully pared them off with a stanley blade, leaving a
slight groove (original defect, not knife related).

Happened to notice even the Floplast Tee 110 I have also has slight (but
not as pronounced) mould seam ridges.

Do people normally pare or sand these off?

I have not bothered in the past (in fact, don't think I even noticed them!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/17 23:12, John Rumm wrote:
On 11/10/2017 20:06, Tim Watts wrote:
I've never bothered looking too hard before, but have noticed my WC pan
connector (push fit 110 at the non WC end) had some quite pronounced
mould seam ridges down both sides.

On this I've carefully pared them off with a stanley blade, leaving a
slight groove (original defect, not knife related).

Happened to notice even the Floplast Tee 110 I have also has slight (but
not as pronounced) mould seam ridges.

Do people normally pare or sand these off?

I have not bothered in the past (in fact, don't think I even noticed them!)

Thanks John.

No, I never have before either...
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/2017 09:40, Tim Watts wrote:
On 11/10/17 23:12, John Rumm wrote:
On 11/10/2017 20:06, Tim Watts wrote:
I've never bothered looking too hard before, but have noticed my WC pan
connector (push fit 110 at the non WC end) had some quite pronounced
mould seam ridges down both sides.

On this I've carefully pared them off with a stanley blade, leaving a
slight groove (original defect, not knife related).

Happened to notice even the Floplast Tee 110 I have also has slight (but
not as pronounced) mould seam ridges.

Do people normally pare or sand these off?

I have not bothered in the past (in fact, don't think I even noticed
them!)

Thanks John.

No, I never have before either...

Having said that, I am not a fan of floplast push fit fittings for
normal 15/22 pipes.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/10/2017 20:06, Tim Watts wrote:
I've never bothered looking too hard before, but have noticed my WC pan
connector (push fit 110 at the non WC end) had some quite pronounced
mould seam ridges down both sides.

On this I've carefully pared them off with a stanley blade, leaving a
slight groove (original defect, not knife related).

Happened to notice even the Floplast Tee 110 I have also has slight (but
not as pronounced) mould seam ridges.

Do people normally pare or sand these off?

I've not had any leaks before, but then my joints face the right way and
are never under pressure and I don't have the kit to pressure test my
system.

So this is just a curiosity "learning to do things better" kinda muse...

I've done it occasionally. I tend to fit these with silicone oil or
spray as they are normally pretty tight.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote:
I've never bothered looking too hard before, but have noticed my WC pan
connector (push fit 110 at the non WC end) had some quite pronounced
mould seam ridges down both sides.

On this I've carefully pared them off with a stanley blade, leaving a
slight groove (original defect, not knife related).

Happened to notice even the Floplast Tee 110 I have also has slight (but
not as pronounced) mould seam ridges.

Do people normally pare or sand these off?

I've not had any leaks before, but then my joints face the right way and
are never under pressure and I don't have the kit to pressure test my
system.

So this is just a curiosity "learning to do things better" kinda muse...

Never bothered. They are normally a good honeymoon fit even with grease
on so I can't imagine them ever leaking.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/17 15:08, John Rumm wrote:

Having said that, I am not a fan of floplast push fit fittings for
normal 15/22 pipes.

Hmm - didn't know they did that...

Their AAVs are good - as they only require to be mounted 200mm above the
highest junction (eg the tee below them) rather than above all local
flood lines, which could mean the basin. In practice this means you can
have them just a bit above the bog rim and box them in easily.

Not too noisy when they operate either.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/10/17 15:18, newshound wrote:
On 11/10/2017 20:06, Tim Watts wrote:
I've never bothered looking too hard before, but have noticed my WC
pan connector (push fit 110 at the non WC end) had some quite
pronounced mould seam ridges down both sides.

On this I've carefully pared them off with a stanley blade, leaving a
slight groove (original defect, not knife related).

Happened to notice even the Floplast Tee 110 I have also has slight
(but not as pronounced) mould seam ridges.

Do people normally pare or sand these off?

I've not had any leaks before, but then my joints face the right way
and are never under pressure and I don't have the kit to pressure test
my system.

So this is just a curiosity "learning to do things better" kinda muse...

I've done it occasionally. I tend to fit these with silicone oil or
spray as they are normally pretty tight.

+1 I always use the spray - partly because I'll have the joint apart 20
times during test fitting, tweaking, fixing, boxing in - don't want to
knacker the rubber.

110mm soil fittings: pushfit only? Fred UK diy 3 June 23rd 12 08:48 PM
110 mm Soil pipes Graeme UK diy 10 May 14th 10 06:43 AM
pushfit connectors Eiron UK diy 0 February 12th 10 08:10 AM
safe? Using r-shack "tap-in squeeze connectors" for 110-AC? David Combs Home Repair 12 August 16th 05 01:13 AM
Leak at plastic soil pipe to clay soil pipe join Darren UK diy 2 October 12th 04 09:49 PM