Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 110 mm Soil pipes

Looking to buy a 90 degree bend pipe, but am not sure of the difference
between single socket and double socket. Anyone?
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graeme" wrote in message

Looking to buy a 90 degree bend pipe, but am not sure of the difference
between single socket and double socket. Anyone?
--
Graeme

Presumably for connecting you could have male/female; male/male;
female/female, depending on what you are joining on to.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Graeme" wrote in message

Looking to buy a 90 degree bend pipe, but am not sure of the difference
between single socket and double socket. Anyone?

A double socket has a pipe socket on each end.

A single socket has a pipe socket on one side and a pipe on the other.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , spamlet
writes
"Graeme" wrote in message

Looking to buy a 90 degree bend pipe, but am not sure of the difference
between single socket and double socket. Anyone?

Presumably for connecting you could have male/female; male/male;
female/female, depending on what you are joining on to.

slaps head

Thank you both. Obvious, once you know :-)

Slightly strangely, unless I am missing the obvious, Screwfix use the
same illustration for both, on their site, which is where the confusion
arose. I'm looking at their part numbers 17584 and 18833, both of which
look to be female (socket) at both ends.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12 May, 20:08, Graeme wrote:
In message , spamlet
writes

"Graeme" wrote in message

Looking to buy a 90 degree bend pipe, but am not sure of the difference
between single socket and double socket. Anyone?

Presumably for connecting you could have male/female; male/male;
female/female, depending on what you are joining on to.

slaps head

Thank you both. Obvious, once you know :-)

Slightly strangely, unless I am missing the obvious, Screwfix use the
same illustration for both, on their site, which is where the confusion
arose. I'm looking at their part numbers 17584 and 18833, both of which
look to be female (socket) at both ends.
--
Graeme

I think SF are morphing into their sister brand "B&Q" - complete with
hardly anyone who knows what they are talking about / looking at;
expensive pricing; & lack of availability

Find a Toolstation near you or order more than £10 and they do free
delivery :)

(NB I have no connection with any - other than a satisfied customer of
toolsatan)

Cheers
JimK

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
,
JimK writes
On 12 May, 20:08, Graeme wrote:

Slightly strangely, unless I am missing the obvious, Screwfix use the
same illustration for both, on their site, which is where the confusion
arose. I'm looking at their part numbers 17584 and 18833, both of which
look to be female (socket) at both ends.

I think SF are morphing into their sister brand "B&Q" - complete with
hardly anyone who knows what they are talking about / looking at;
expensive pricing; & lack of availability

grin Indeed. Luckily, I found a suitable part via eBay.

There is a story, needless to say. A soil pipe exits the house just
above ground level, with the horizontal joint just about accessible,
although almost flush with the house wall, and the vertical joint buried
in concrete. Due to a blockage, a hole was knocked in the pipe, to
allow the use of rods. The ideal repair would be to dig holes in both
the wall and patio, to completely remove the damaged bend, and replace.
Quick fix idea is to buy new bend, complete with rodding eye, and use a
hacksaw to cut away the back, click on top of damaged bend and glue in
place. It will only be temporary, of course ...
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 May, 19:43, Graeme wrote:
In message
,
JimK writes

On 12 May, 20:08, Graeme wrote:

[...]

ah advanced DIY :)))
Hope the god of pipe radii is smiling - if not lashings of silicon and
large jubilee clips??
(NB ebay should have some "cut your own size of jubille clip fom this
length of "geared" banding" type kits - dashed useful at times...

cheer
JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message
, JimK
writes
On 13 May, 19:43, Graeme wrote:

Quick fix idea is to buy new bend, complete with rodding eye, and use a
hacksaw to cut away the back, click on top of damaged bend and glue in
place. It will only be temporary, of course ...

ah advanced DIY :)))

grin Absolutely!

Hope the god of pipe radii is smiling - if not lashings of silicon and
large jubilee clips??

Yes :-) Two large Jubilee clips are holding the access cover on a
boiler chimney at present. That was temporary a couple of years ago,
too.

(NB ebay should have some "cut your own size of jubille clip fom this
length of "geared" banding" type kits - dashed useful at times...

Wow. Just had a quick search, and see what you mean. Three meters of
band plus eight clamps for less than a fiver looks like a real shed
necessity.

--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 13 May, 21:16, Graeme wrote:
In message
, JimK
writes

On 13 May, 19:43, Graeme wrote:
Quick fix idea is to buy new bend, complete with rodding eye, and use a
hacksaw to cut away the back, click on top of damaged bend and glue in
place. It will only be temporary, of course ...

ah advanced DIY :)))

grin Absolutely!

Hope the god of pipe radii is smiling - if not lashings of silicon and
large jubilee clips??

Yes :-) Two large Jubilee clips are holding the access cover on a
boiler chimney at present. That was temporary a couple of years ago,
too.

(NB ebay should have some "cut your own size of jubille clip fom this
length of "geared" banding" type kits - dashed useful at times...

Wow. Just had a quick search, and see what you mean. Three meters of
band plus eight clamps for less than a fiver looks like a real shed
necessity.

Ah yes! the bodgers box nears completion, well useful stuff in a tight
"temporary" spot :))

Cheers
JimK
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Graeme wrote:
JimK writes

(NB ebay should have some "cut your own size of jubille clip fom this
length of "geared" banding" type kits - dashed useful at times...

Wow. Just had a quick search, and see what you mean. Three meters of
band plus eight clamps for less than a fiver looks like a real shed
necessity.

Got a link? This sounds like useful emergency-repair kit on the boat,
but my ebay-search-fu is weak.

Pete

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Pete Verdon
d writes
Graeme wrote:

Three meters of band plus eight clamps for less than a fiver looks
like a real shed necessity.

Got a link? This sounds like useful emergency-repair kit on the boat,
but my ebay-search-fu is weak.

The one I saw was eBay item 360261244752, but I bought the last one.
Searching on similar wording should find something. eBay is a little
like Google - find anything is all about finding the right key words
first!
--
Graeme