Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Default Shelf attached to flat TV - vesa possibly?

anyone know of a skybox sized shelf that can be attached to the
TV it serves? (rather than the usual wall mount & trailing
cabling)

TIA
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I had the same problem with Sky Q mini box in the bedroom, simply used hook a loop tape to attach it to the wall behind the TV. The new Q boxes do not use IR I think remote communication is by Bluetooth or WiFi even if you are using IR you can bounce signals from remotes off ceilings and other light coloured walls.

Richard
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

Tricky Dicky Wrote in message:
I had the same problem with Sky Q mini box in the bedroom, simply used hook a loop tape to attach it to the wall behind the TV. The new Q boxes do not use IR I think remote communication is by Bluetooth or WiFi even if you are using IR you can bounce signals from remotes off ceilings and other light coloured walls.

Richard

Mmm I'll enquire which sky box they have, but... there's a mini
dvd player to house too.....

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 11:02:20 +0100, jim wrote:

anyone know of a skybox sized shelf that can be attached to the
TV it serves? (rather than the usual wall mount & trailing cabling)

TIA

You can get additional shelves to attach to wall brackets for just such a
scenario.

How is the TV mounted?

I assume wall bracket else you would just need a slightly larger table.

Cheers

Dave R

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim Jim is offline

David Wrote in message:
On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 11:02:20 +0100, jim wrote:

anyone know of a skybox sized shelf that can be attached to the
TV it serves? (rather than the usual wall mount & trailing cabling)

TIA

You can get additional shelves to attach to wall brackets for just such a
scenario.

Gorra link please?

How is the TV mounted?

A wall mounted pivoting arm jobby...

It's in a corner too, so it could all look quite nice with a say,
thin metal shelf attached to the TV/bracket somehow, supporting
the boxes (sky, mini dvd) just under the screen, (& flush with
the front as plenty depth behind in the corner for boxes &
wires).

--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://usenet.sinaapp.com/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tuesday, 12 September 2017 11:02:23 UTC+1, jim wrote:
anyone know of a skybox sized shelf that can be attached to the
TV it serves? (rather than the usual wall mount & trailing
cabling)

I drilled holes in mine and bolted them vertically to the back of the tellies using the Vesa holes making a very neat assembly, but all my tellies are table standing.

Owain