Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default These Euorpeans need to learn............

On 05/09/17 16:03, bert wrote:
In article , Brian Gaff
writes
They are only acting as they are cos if they cut a deal too good half the
rest of the EU would want the same deal and the whole lot would fall over
like a one legged horse.
Brian

If that were the case then it proves that the EU is a nonsense. But it
isn't so because the net beneficiaries will not want to leave.

They will when all the net contributors have :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 05 Sep 2017 16:07:31 +0100, bert wrote:

In article , Cursitor Doom
writes
On Sun, 03 Sep 2017 12:19:41 +0100, charles wrote:

against the French. and - we welcome the Japanese motor manufacturers
into this county with open arms - never mind the PoWs in SE Asia in
WW2.

Funny how the Germans are always vilified and abused for their role in
both world wars, yet Italy *never* gets any criticism for being in
league with Hitler in the second one.

That's because they were as about as much use to Hitler as the French
were to us.
But the MEPs were very keen to lavish praise on Canada for coming tot he
aid of "Europe" in the two world wars overlooking the fact they actually
came to help the UK.

You know, Belgians are the same. You know that quote from Churchill,
"never was so much owed by so many to so few"? Well, many Belgians think
the "few" refers to them! I found that out from some bloke who worked for
the EU, who himself believed it, so maybe these EU-orientated
continentals are all deluded. :-/

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 04 Sep 2017 16:34:25 +0100, bm wrote:

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Sunday, 3 September 2017 15:58:06 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 03/09/2017 02:25, bm wrote:
......that they'd be speaking German if it wasn't for Brits and
Muricans.

So logically they should all be speaking English

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/articl...minister-says-

too-many-people-are-speaking-english-in-berlin

That just shows what children we're dealing with.

IME hardly anyone speaks English (or German for that matter) in Berlin.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 5 Sep 2017 22:26:16 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

[...]

He was just winding a racist idiot up.

In all the establishments I have worked at in Belgium and indeed in
all the Belgian cafes and bars I boozed at, Churchill or the war never
once came up in conversation.

I suppose as nearly every one I met had the brains and ability to
communicate in three or four languages, they perhaps have more
interesting diversions than reminiscing over the past.

There must be the odd moron though, the evidence was a Mc Donalds in
Ghent. Fortunately I never met any of its clientelle.

AB