Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need to know the best book to learn about stereo receiver repair. I want to set up my own work bench and no nothing righ now....someone please help

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Doug Higgins:
You realisticallly can not start repairing recievers without FIRST learning
basic electronics. Best to get some project books.... even Radio Shack has
one or two good ones..... and start learning the basics of electronics,
assembly, reading schematics, common components, etc..
As far as "setting up" your work bench..... all you need at this point is
an inexpensive multi-meter, a soldering iron and some basic tools.
You can also go to www.mcminone.com to find books, parts, tools, project
kits, etc.
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair
\.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
b b is offline

Doug Higgins ha escrito:

read the responses to the recent post of the Pioneer receiver which
blows fuses.....do NOT start learning electronics with these devices,
you'll want to cry after the first week!
-B-

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Doug Higgins" wrote in message

Need to know the best book to learn about stereo receiver repair. I want
to set up my own work bench and no nothing righ now....someone please help

It used to take 5 years to train someone just to repair tube radios when I
was a lad. But if you want a book, try the local library and see what they
have.

Search for (learn electronics) or (electronics repair) on eBay. There's a
good series of books the US Navy put out - you can also download some good
stuff for free from the US military.

repost - teahing kids woodworking - great story charlie b Woodworking 4 March 21st 06 02:08 AM
Das Lathe Bench charlie b Woodturning 17 March 2nd 06 04:00 PM
reviving old work bench [email protected] Woodworking 10 October 30th 04 02:47 PM
learn to repair laptop motherboard. Lu Electronics Repair 4 June 5th 04 10:05 AM
[Ganoksin] [January 2004] Tips From The Jeweler's Bench Ganoksin Metalworking 0 January 24th 04 06:41 PM