Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Elfin Safety Funny

Quoted in a letter to DT today.
Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 21:41:56 +0100, bert wrote:

Quoted in a letter to DT today.
Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

A racy jigsaw, then.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/08/2017 22:16, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 21:41:56 +0100, bert wrote:

Quoted in a letter to DT today.
Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

A racy jigsaw, then.

Or one with pendulum action ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 22:41:51 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 11/08/2017 22:16, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 21:41:56 +0100, bert wrote:

Quoted in a letter to DT today.
Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

A racy jigsaw, then.

Or one with pendulum action ;-)

Smiths are diversifying! Or was is a stationary one?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 21:41:56 +0100, bert wrote:

Quoted in a letter to DT today.
Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

How many pieces? Perhaps the picture was a naked fireman holding his
hose.

G.Harman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

bert wrote

Quoted in a letter to DT today.

Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths.
The self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

Someone just stuffed up the database entry.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 22:41:51 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 11/08/2017 22:16, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 21:41:56 +0100, bert wrote:

Quoted in a letter to DT today.
Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

A racy jigsaw, then.

Or one with pendulum action ;-)

Smiths are diversifying! Or was is a stationary one?

I've not yet seen a mobile one. Libraries, yes - but even they do have to
become stationary periodically.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 11 August 2017 21:46:23 UTC+1, bert wrote:
Quoted in a letter to DT today.
Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

It's probably because of the age warning on the box "unsuitable for children under 3 years old".

Owain

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2017 04:33, Rod Speed wrote:
bert wrote
Quoted in a letter to DT today.

Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

Someone just stuffed up the database entry.

No, its probably got a packet of puzzle preserver in it and being a glue
it can't be sold below a certain age.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
bert wrote
Quoted in a letter to DT today.

Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

Someone just stuffed up the database entry.

No, its probably got a packet of puzzle preserver in it and being a glue
it can't be sold below a certain age.

If that was true, all jigsaws would have to be authorised and I bet they
arent.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 04:45:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
bert wrote
Quoted in a letter to DT today.

Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

Someone just stuffed up the database entry.

No, its probably got a packet of puzzle preserver in it and being a glue
it can't be sold below a certain age.

If that was true, all jigsaws would have to be authorised and I bet they
arent.

Really, do all jigsaws contain a pack of glue?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Scott" wrote in message
On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 04:45:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
bert wrote
Quoted in a letter to DT today.

Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

Someone just stuffed up the database entry.

No, its probably got a packet of puzzle preserver in it and being a glue
it can't be sold below a certain age.

If that was true, all jigsaws would have to be authorised and I bet they
arent.

Really, do all jigsaws contain a pack of glue?

You don't know that that one does. Bet it doesn't.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 05:29:22 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 04:45:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
bert wrote
Quoted in a letter to DT today.

Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

Someone just stuffed up the database entry.

No, its probably got a packet of puzzle preserver in it and being a glue
it can't be sold below a certain age.

If that was true, all jigsaws would have to be authorised and I bet they
arent.

Really, do all jigsaws contain a pack of glue?

You don't know that that one does. Bet it doesn't.

So your claim that if one jigsaw contains glue all jigsaws would need
to be 'authorised' makes no sense. It's about as logical as claiming
because some bottles contain beer, bottles of milk can only be sold to
over 18s
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2017 19:45, Rod Speed wrote:
dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
bert wrote
Quoted in a letter to DT today.

Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

Someone just stuffed up the database entry.

No, its probably got a packet of puzzle preserver in it and being a
glue it can't be sold below a certain age.

If that was true, all jigsaws would have to be authorised and I bet they
arent.

Don't be silly, not all jigsaws have a sachet of puzzle preserver in them.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
On 12/08/2017 19:45, Rod Speed wrote:
dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
bert wrote
Quoted in a letter to DT today.

Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

Someone just stuffed up the database entry.

No, its probably got a packet of puzzle preserver in it and being a
glue it can't be sold below a certain age.

If that was true, all jigsaws would have to be authorised and I bet
they arent.

Don't be silly, not all jigsaws have a sachet of puzzle preserver in them.

perhaps the jigsaw has a cutting blade?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 8/12/2017 7:25 AM, Richard wrote:
"Bob Eager" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 22:41:51 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 11/08/2017 22:16, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 21:41:56 +0100, bert wrote:

Quoted in a letter to DT today.
Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

A racy jigsaw, then.

Or one with pendulum action ;-)

Smiths are diversifying! Or was is a stationary one?

I've not yet seen a mobile one. Libraries, yes - but even they do have
to become stationary periodically.

Being DIY, I read this first as being a "proper" jigsaw.

I suppose though that a cordless jigsaw could be just as much an
effective offensive weapon as a simple knife, so perhaps should come
under the current "Not for sale to under 16's" rule.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Scott" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 05:29:22 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 13 Aug 2017 04:45:27 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
bert wrote
Quoted in a letter to DT today.

Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

Someone just stuffed up the database entry.

No, its probably got a packet of puzzle preserver in it and being a
glue
it can't be sold below a certain age.

If that was true, all jigsaws would have to be authorised and I bet they
arent.

Really, do all jigsaws contain a pack of glue?

You don't know that that one does. Bet it doesn't.

So your claim that if one jigsaw contains glue all jigsaws would need
to be 'authorised'

Everyone can see I never made any such claim.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

o.uk...

"Bob Eager" wrote in message ...

On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 22:41:51 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

On 11/08/2017 22:16, Bob Eager wrote:
On Fri, 11 Aug 2017 21:41:56 +0100, bert wrote:

Quoted in a letter to DT today.
Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

A racy jigsaw, then.

Or one with pendulum action ;-)

Smiths are diversifying! Or was is a stationary one?

I've not yet seen a mobile one. Libraries, yes - but even they do have to
become stationary periodically.

Being DIY, I read this first as being a "proper" jigsaw.

Me too at first. Then the penny dropped that it was a joke.

I suppose though that a cordless jigsaw could be just as much an effective
offensive weapon as a simple knife, so perhaps should come under the
current "Not for sale to under 16's" rule.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/08/2017 22:39, charles wrote:
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
On 12/08/2017 19:45, Rod Speed wrote:
dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
bert wrote
Quoted in a letter to DT today.

Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

Someone just stuffed up the database entry.

No, its probably got a packet of puzzle preserver in it and being a
glue it can't be sold below a certain age.

If that was true, all jigsaws would have to be authorised and I bet
they arent.

Don't be silly, not all jigsaws have a sachet of puzzle preserver in them.

perhaps the jigsaw has a cutting blade?

Perhaps it does, perhaps it doesn't.
Its only a joke if you don't know some puzzles do need approval.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
On 12/08/2017 19:45, Rod Speed wrote:
dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
bert wrote
Quoted in a letter to DT today.

Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

Someone just stuffed up the database entry.

No, its probably got a packet of puzzle preserver in it and being a
glue it can't be sold below a certain age.

If that was true, all jigsaws would have to be authorised and I bet
they arent.

Don't be silly, not all jigsaws have a sachet of puzzle preserver in
them.

perhaps the jigsaw has a cutting blade?

Perhaps it does, perhaps it doesn't.
Its only a joke if you don't know some puzzles do need approval.

Please show me which jigsaw puzzles need approval.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
On 12/08/2017 19:45, Rod Speed wrote:
dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
bert wrote
Quoted in a letter to DT today.

Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in
Smiths. The self-service till insisted the sale had to
be authorised.

Someone just stuffed up the database entry.

No, its probably got a packet of puzzle preserver in it and
being a glue it can't be sold below a certain age.

If that was true, all jigsaws would have to be authorised and
I bet they arent.

Don't be silly, not all jigsaws have a sachet of puzzle
preserver in them.

perhaps the jigsaw has a cutting blade?

Perhaps it does, perhaps it doesn't. Its only a joke if you don't
know some puzzles do need approval.

Please show me which jigsaw puzzles need approval.

The last one I had was a calendar, try looking for one that includes the
glue.

Or see if any shops sell this one

https://www.amazon.co.uk/FIRESIDE-TI.../dp/B012DN7FPE
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sunday, 13 August 2017 08:51:40 UTC+1, charles wrote:
In article . com,
dennis@home wrote:
On 12/08/2017 19:45, Rod Speed wrote:
dennis@home wrote
Rod Speed wrote
bert wrote
Quoted in a letter to DT today.

Young woman in her twenties went to buy a jigsaw in Smiths. The
self-service till insisted the sale had to be authorised.

Someone just stuffed up the database entry.

No, its probably got a packet of puzzle preserver in it and being a
glue it can't be sold below a certain age.

If that was true, all jigsaws would have to be authorised and I bet
they arent.

Don't be silly, not all jigsaws have a sachet of puzzle preserver in them.

perhaps the jigsaw has a cutting blade?

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England

https://creators.vice.com/en_uk/arti...jigsaw-puzzles

Coal delivery and elfin safety Lobster UK diy 51 April 3rd 15 11:33 PM
Elfin Safety... Mike Tomlinson UK diy 49 May 13th 13 08:39 PM
Elfin safety again TMC[_2_] UK diy 9 October 6th 10 12:13 AM
Elfin Safety N_Cook Electronics Repair 10 January 17th 10 11:43 PM
Elfin safety at B&Q bilbo*baggins UK diy 70 November 11th 08 08:13 AM