Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Elfin Safety...

.... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

On 11/05/2013 10:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

.... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

I'm feeling slightly sick just from looking. Never been good with
heights ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote ...

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

He's not trying

blog.easysafetyschool.com/2011/07/where-is-osha-funny-unsafe-safety.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 11 May 2013 13:30:49 +0100, Eric wrote:

Mike Tomlinson wrote ...

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

He's not trying

blog.easysafetyschool.com/2011/07/where-is-osha-funny-unsafe-safety.html

Love the bloke standing on the sill to clean his windows on the
skyscraper block. Literally gave me a cold chill.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/05/2013 20:13, Ericp wrote:
On Sat, 11 May 2013 13:30:49 +0100, Eric wrote:

Mike Tomlinson wrote ...

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

He's not trying

blog.easysafetyschool.com/2011/07/where-is-osha-funny-unsafe-safety.html

Love the bloke standing on the sill to clean his windows on the
skyscraper block. Literally gave me a cold chill.

Don't watch this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgO4Gd4RhvM

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/05/2013 22:57, John Rumm wrote:
On 11/05/2013 20:13, Ericp wrote:
On Sat, 11 May 2013 13:30:49 +0100, Eric wrote:

Mike Tomlinson wrote ...

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

He's not trying

blog.easysafetyschool.com/2011/07/where-is-osha-funny-unsafe-safety.html

Love the bloke standing on the sill to clean his windows on the
skyscraper block. Literally gave me a cold chill.

Don't watch this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgO4Gd4RhvM

I am still getting my breathing back to normal - that was, ummm, pretty
much unbelievable. Reminds me a bit of some of the films of skyscraper
construction back in the (I guess) 1920s.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/05/2013 23:10, polygonum wrote:
On 11/05/2013 22:57, John Rumm wrote:
On 11/05/2013 20:13, Ericp wrote:
On Sat, 11 May 2013 13:30:49 +0100, Eric wrote:

Mike Tomlinson wrote ...

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

He's not trying

blog.easysafetyschool.com/2011/07/where-is-osha-funny-unsafe-safety.html

Love the bloke standing on the sill to clean his windows on the
skyscraper block. Literally gave me a cold chill.

Don't watch this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgO4Gd4RhvM

I am still getting my breathing back to normal - that was, ummm, pretty
much unbelievable.

You don't fancy trying that then I guess? ;-)

Reminds me a bit of some of the films of skyscraper
construction back in the (I guess) 1920s.

Somehow seems a bit more exposed than a skyscraper!

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 11/05/2013 20:13, Ericp wrote:
On Sat, 11 May 2013 13:30:49 +0100, Eric wrote:

Mike Tomlinson wrote ...

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

He's not trying

blog.easysafetyschool.com/2011/07/where-is-osha-funny-unsafe-safety.html

Love the bloke standing on the sill to clean his windows on the
skyscraper block. Literally gave me a cold chill.

Don't watch this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgO4Gd4RhvM

Yep, that one's a cracker, John. My feet tingle and legs turn to rubber just
watching that.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article m, bm
scribeth thus

"John Rumm" wrote in message
news:8MidnfyGH_0nIxPMnZ2dnUVZ7sCdnZ2d@brightview. co.uk...
On 11/05/2013 20:13, Ericp wrote:
On Sat, 11 May 2013 13:30:49 +0100, Eric wrote:

Mike Tomlinson wrote ...

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

He's not trying

blog.easysafetyschool.com/2011/07/where-is-osha-funny-unsafe-safety.html

Love the bloke standing on the sill to clean his windows on the
skyscraper block. Literally gave me a cold chill.

Don't watch this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgO4Gd4RhvM

Yep, that one's a cracker, John. My feet tingle and legs turn to rubber just
watching that.

We do this in the UK too!, here's Eve construction installing the new
digital TV transmitter array at Stockland Hill in Devon you'll note they
don't see the ground that much of the time as its rather cloudy up
there!.

Like the small petrol genny for using the angle grinder;-)...

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/gallery...159&pageid=448

http://tx.mb21.co.uk/gallery/gallery...159&pageid=451
--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm writes:

On 11/05/2013 20:13, Ericp wrote:
On Sat, 11 May 2013 13:30:49 +0100, Eric wrote:

Mike Tomlinson wrote ...

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

He's not trying

blog.easysafetyschool.com/2011/07/where-is-osha-funny-unsafe-safety.html

Love the bloke standing on the sill to clean his windows on the
skyscraper block. Literally gave me a cold chill.

Don't watch this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgO4Gd4RhvM

I feel sick.

Alex

--
Swish - Easy SFTP for Windows Explorer (http://www.swish-sftp.org)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/05/2013 01:32, Alexander Lamaison wrote:
John Rumm writes:

On 11/05/2013 20:13, Ericp wrote:
On Sat, 11 May 2013 13:30:49 +0100, Eric wrote:

Mike Tomlinson wrote ...

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

He's not trying

blog.easysafetyschool.com/2011/07/where-is-osha-funny-unsafe-safety.html

Love the bloke standing on the sill to clean his windows on the
skyscraper block. Literally gave me a cold chill.

Don't watch this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgO4Gd4RhvM

I feel sick.

In the grand scheme of things, once you are 30' foot up, the outcome
should you fall is much the same, all that changes is the time you get
to contemplate your mistake. So in many respects it ought to be no worse
than climbing a three section 14 rung ladder from a overall danger point
of view... (assuming one ignores the whole level of fitness required thing!)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/05/2013 10:57 PM, John Rumm wrote:
On 11/05/2013 20:13, Ericp wrote:
On Sat, 11 May 2013 13:30:49 +0100, Eric wrote:

Mike Tomlinson wrote ...

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

He's not trying

blog.easysafetyschool.com/2011/07/where-is-osha-funny-unsafe-safety.html

Love the bloke standing on the sill to clean his windows on the
skyscraper block. Literally gave me a cold chill.

Don't watch this then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgO4Gd4RhvM

5+ seconds to click and see video on YT, 2.5 hours to get back. It's
a love-hate relationship.

--
One click voting to change the world.
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/

http://www.theregister.co.uk/
Biting the hand that feeds IT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

Looks like an extremly safe placement.(assumimg the railing is installed
properly.)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

En el artículo , F Murtz
escribió:

Looks like an extremly safe placement

Would *you* climb on that ladder?

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On May 11, 1:46*pm, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el art culo , F Murtz
escribi :

Looks like an extremly safe placement

Would *you* climb on that ladder?

yeah no probs, once you're on, your weight will stop it going
anywhere... apart from falling off sideways what can go wrong?

Jim K

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:
yeah no probs, once you're on, your weight will stop it going
anywhere... apart from falling off sideways what can go wrong?

I'd still tie it off at the bottom, though.

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Jim K wrote:
On May 11, 1:46 pm, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el art culo , F Murtz
escribi :

Looks like an extremly safe placement

Would *you* climb on that ladder?

yeah no probs, once you're on, your weight will stop it going
anywhere... apart from falling off sideways what can go wrong?

Jim K

Leaning to the side could cause one foot of the steps to lift, for one
thing. After that anything could happen. I've been using steps and
ladders all day and every day since 1970 and take my word for it, what
that bloke is doing is very dangerous.

Bill

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 11 May 2013 17:05:09 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

Jim K wrote:
On May 11, 1:46 pm, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el art culo , F Murtz
escribi :

Looks like an extremly safe placement
Would *you* climb on that ladder?

yeah no probs, once you're on, your weight will stop it going
anywhere... apart from falling off sideways what can go wrong?

Jim K

Leaning to the side could cause one foot of the steps to lift, for one
thing. After that anything could happen. I've been using steps and
ladders all day and every day since 1970 and take my word for it, what
that bloke is doing is very dangerous.

Not if it's tucked under the railing. That ladder cannot move.

--
Our records indicate that you were once felt up by Jimmy Savile and could be entitled to £2147 in compensation.
Just reply "Hows about that then" to register, or to opt out just reply "Stop Jimmy Stop".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/05/2013 14:04, Jim K wrote:
On May 11, 1:46 pm, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el art culo , F Murtz
escribi :

Looks like an extremly safe placement

Would *you* climb on that ladder?

yeah no probs, once you're on, your weight will stop it going
anywhere... apart from falling off sideways what can go wrong?

Jim K

I wouldn't, I have a platform to put up on the stairs.
It looks pretty safe though, I just don't like ladders much.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/05/2013 13:46, Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , F Murtz
escribió:

Looks like an extremly safe placement

Would *you* climb on that ladder?

No chance whatsoever.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
En el artículo , F Murtz
escribió:

Looks like an extremly safe placement

Would *you* climb on that ladder?

Yes, and I often do such things.

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mike Tomlinson
writes
En el artículo , F Murtz
escribió:

Looks like an extremly safe placement

Would *you* climb on that ladder?

Probably not but I have used the scaffold board from the landing across
to a step on an inclined ladder technique.

--
Tim Lamb

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mike Tomlinson wrote:
... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

Don't wish to alarm anyone but I've done this hundreds of times, it's always
felt safer than the times i've put ladders on a sloping roof to get at a
higher roof, there, the ladders *can* slip, wheras they can't in that
picture

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 11/05/2013 10:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

In reality, I don't see that as particularly dangerous. The ladder is
restrained by the railings in such a way that it can't slip (although a
touch more "ground" under the feet would be nice). So the main extra
risk is the higher drop. However working on a taller ladder could pose
the same drop risk.

He lacks the "three points of contact" with the ladder, but then again
is nicely wedged up against the wall.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 11/05/2013 10:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

In reality, I don't see that as particularly dangerous. The ladder is
restrained by the railings in such a way that it can't slip (although a
touch more "ground" under the feet would be nice). So the main extra
risk is the higher drop. However working on a taller ladder could pose
the same drop risk.

He lacks the "three points of contact" with the ladder, but then again
is nicely wedged up against the wall.

It is easy to see the non trades type people here.
The only thing I see about the arrangement is the total height, which
would put some people who did not like heights off.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/05/2013 02:19, F Murtz wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 11/05/2013 10:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

In reality, I don't see that as particularly dangerous. The ladder is
restrained by the railings in such a way that it can't slip (although a
touch more "ground" under the feet would be nice). So the main extra
risk is the higher drop. However working on a taller ladder could pose
the same drop risk.

He lacks the "three points of contact" with the ladder, but then again
is nicely wedged up against the wall.

It is easy to see the non trades type people here.
The only thing I see about the arrangement is the total height, which
would put some people who did not like heights off.

I would be slightly wary of the ladder itself - it looks like a set of
steps rather than a ladder in the traditional sense, and hence may not
be designed to cope with the sort of bending load being placed on it in
that situation. However without seeing the ladder for real its hard to
tell.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 11/05/2013 10:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

In reality, I don't see that as particularly dangerous. The ladder is
restrained by the railings in such a way that it can't slip (although a
touch more "ground" under the feet would be nice). So the main extra
risk is the higher drop. However working on a taller ladder could pose
the same drop risk.

He lacks the "three points of contact" with the ladder, but then again
is nicely wedged up against the wall.

It is easy to see the non trades type people here.

Are you suggesting that non trades people have more or less common sense?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/05/13 02:19, F Murtz wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
On 11/05/2013 10:01, Mike Tomlinson wrote:

... he's heard of it.

http://cheezburger.com/7415489792

In reality, I don't see that as particularly dangerous. The ladder is
restrained by the railings in such a way that it can't slip (although a
touch more "ground" under the feet would be nice). So the main extra
risk is the higher drop. However working on a taller ladder could pose
the same drop risk.

He lacks the "three points of contact" with the ladder, but then again
is nicely wedged up against the wall.

It is easy to see the non trades type people here.
The only thing I see about the arrangement is the total height, which
would put some people who did not like heights off.

the only thing I see is the fact that a few inches of slip will result
in it going completely rather than just a little.
I'd have pushed te ladder a bit trough the railings.

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:41:37 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

the only thing I see is the fact that a few inches of slip will result
in it going completely rather than just a little.

Yes the iffy bit is getting onto and off the steps with out the feet
slipping of that tiny ledge.

I'd have pushed te ladder a bit trough the railings.

+1 Legs of steps through railings, bottom rung against railings.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 12 May 2013 12:05:57 +0100, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Sun, 12 May 2013 10:41:37 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

the only thing I see is the fact that a few inches of slip will result
in it going completely rather than just a little.

Yes the iffy bit is getting onto and off the steps with out the feet
slipping of that tiny ledge.

I'd have pushed te ladder a bit trough the railings.

+1 Legs of steps through railings, bottom rung against railings.

+2 though I'd rope the ladder to the rails, just in case.

--
Steve

Elfin safety again TMC[_2_] UK diy 9 October 6th 10 12:13 AM
Elfin Safety N_Cook Electronics Repair 10 January 17th 10 11:43 PM
OT - Elfin Safty's office games? PeterC UK diy 1 September 30th 09 10:24 AM
Elfin safety at B&Q bilbo*baggins UK diy 70 November 11th 08 08:13 AM
Consumer Product Safety Comm. to discuss proposed SawStop technology safety rule George Max Woodworking 256 September 16th 06 06:03 PM