Malcolm Hackett

Default Door operated switch

I would like to instal some lights into my wardrobe, with switches that
automatically turn on the lights whenever the door is opened.

Seemed like a straightforward idea at the time, but I can't find any
switches that I could use to do this.

Any ideas, please?

---

Lurch

On Sat, 7 Feb 2004 22:26:42 -0000, "Malcolm Hackett"
wrote:

I would like to instal some lights into my wardrobe, with switches that
automatically turn on the lights whenever the door is opened.

Seemed like a straightforward idea at the time, but I can't find any
switches that I could use to do this.

Any ideas, please?

Find yourself a supplier for this lot,
http://www.jeani-accessories.ltd.uk/
an electrical wholesalers will probably be best.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Dave Plowman

In article ,
Malcolm Hackett wrote:
I would like to instal some lights into my wardrobe, with switches that
automatically turn on the lights whenever the door is opened.

Seemed like a straightforward idea at the time, but I can't find any
switches that I could use to do this.

TLC do a door switch with box for 5.20 + vat

FM 140WB
www.tlc-direct.co.uk

--
*Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
chris French

In message , Malcolm Hackett
writes
I would like to instal some lights into my wardrobe, with switches that
automatically turn on the lights whenever the door is opened.

Seemed like a straightforward idea at the time, but I can't find any
switches that I could use to do this.

Like these?:

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FM142.html

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/FM140WB.html

Shouldn't be hard to find locally from Maplins, or an Electrical trade
counter.
--
Chris French, Leeds

Andy Hall

On Sun, 08 Feb 2004 00:06:06 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

In article ,
Malcolm Hackett wrote:
I would like to instal some lights into my wardrobe, with switches that
automatically turn on the lights whenever the door is opened.

Seemed like a straightforward idea at the time, but I can't find any
switches that I could use to do this.

TLC do a door switch with box for 5.20 + vat

FM 140WB
www.tlc-direct.co.uk

I bought one of those and really it needs to be morticed which may not
be possible. OK as a switch though

I found a more generically useful one at RS, which unusually was not
that outrageously priced. 456-4643 at £6.60 exc.

This one has an overall plastic case and is adjustable with a proper
microswitch - ample rating as well.

I used one on one of my large kitchen cupboards where the consumer
unit is at the back. I put a small 8W maintained emergency light in
the top of the cupboard, wired to a lighting circuit upstream of the
RCD.

When the door is opened, the light comes on. It will stay on if the
power fails.

I was able to adjust the plunger so that the relatively light magnetic
catch had no trouble holding the door closed.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Bob Eager

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 01:03:44 UTC, Andy Hall wrote:

I bought one of those and really it needs to be morticed which may not
be possible. OK as a switch though

He could cannibalise a fridge...

--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...
Dave Plowman

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
I bought one of those and really it needs to be morticed which may not
be possible. OK as a switch though

Yes - at the best of times they're a real fiddle to fit. A standard
microswitch with an operating arm is usually an easier way - the arm
allows much more tolerance.

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
The Most Rev. Peter Parsnip

The Lord alerted my mind to the presence of this EVIL article by Bob
Eager, and I thusly replied:

On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 01:03:44 UTC, Andy Hall wrote:

I bought one of those and really it needs to be morticed which may not
be possible. OK as a switch though

He could cannibalise a fridge...

I've heard you're a netKKKop too. Is it true?

--
The Reverend Parson Peter Parsnip
Smiting Sinful Usenet Users Since 1874

"A ******* shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to his
tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the Lord."
- Deuteronomy 23:2
Malcolm Hackett

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Sun, 8 Feb 2004 01:03:44 UTC, Andy Hall wrote:

I bought one of those and really it needs to be morticed which may not
be possible. OK as a switch though

He could cannibalise a fridge...

--
Bob Eager
begin by not using Outlook Express...

Dear All

I have recently cannibalised my fridge to provide shelf space for my
clothes, with an automatic light that comes on when I open the door. Neat,
huh?

Now another question for your expertise.

It seems that my socks need to be stored at a different temperature to the
lettuce. Any ideas on the best ways to adjust temperatures to suit both
clothes and vegetables?

.... Thanks to all for the various suggestions and urls, one or other should
sort me out.

Malcolm.

---

Dave Plowman

In article ,
Malcolm Hackett wrote:
It seems that my socks need to be stored at a different temperature to
the lettuce.

Just store them with the cheese.

--
*If a mute swears, does his mother wash his hands with soap?

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn